Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ely area ice reports  (Read 1721 times)

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
The Trout season outside of the Boundary Waters opens January 14th,  and Burntside Lake only has 7 inches of ice and a foot of snow on top of it in front of my house near Long Island.
I expected the ice thickness to be a bit more since this part of the lake has been frozen for three to four weeks.
A winter storm warning predicts another 8-12 inches of snow by late Tuesday, so that along with the current amount could make the lake loaded with slush.
I would not drive anything other that an ATV or snowmobile on it for the opener since the main part near the Van Vac Landing will not have a safe ice thickness for a full size vehicle.
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.