Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: a young man's pickup truck, 77F250  (Read 8453 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i like old.trucks, you made me rember about an old 76 f150 ext cab longbox i had briefly about 18 years ago, cat crap green and loud like a harley. loved it, put a box camper on it, it had a lift kit and held it.perfectly. whish i had picture. thanks for shari g that dave
!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
But......I like old trucks!

OK, but I gotta watch "gold rush" first. Lol

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
and then you end up on a catalog cover..

And that's how that stuff works.

I'm fairly certain the boy is attached to his && ford truck, which is occupying space in my garage, while my truck sits outside. lol

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
What, will you be my Daddy too!  :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome job, :bow: Looked like a labor of love to me. Cool to do that for your son. :Clap: Thanks for sharing
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I said it before, I'll say it again.....DUDE! YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS SKILLS!  :kingscourt:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I too had a 76 ford, 4 on the floor, granny geared.  awesome truck for your son and what a job!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
thanks guys.

These two went to prom together 2 years in a row with that truck. They are both out of school now, she's in college, he's completed his tech school (welding). He's working full time welding, she's working towards her RN, they are still together and very happy.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice pic and good for them!!  sounds like they have real goals for life. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: welding huh!!!!!!!! good trade.......over 28 years of welding for me. mostly stainless steel!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
He gathered a lot of certificates at school.

The kid loves to weld, all kinds of welding. Right now I think what fascinates him the most is stick and tig, pipe and structural.

He recently landed a job with a company that does a lot of pipe and structural on the road. Regional stuff, additions, new construction, modifications at existing facilities. Everything from factories to retail... pretty much anything above water right now. lol.

I know this week he's mig welding stainless air duct systems. I'm really not sure what the application is for the duct system, but he's pushing stainless .035 wire on 18-14 gauge stainless duct tunnels.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
food grade welding?
you talking to me?????????? if so yea................food grade, pharmicutical, beer and beverage............. anything that needs to be made and processed in stainless steel.

google DCI INC.............
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I was asking you and Dave, I know that doing that kind of welding you'd better be very good!!  kudos to the both of you fellas!! :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow Dave! You can tell your son she's gorgeous. The girl ain't too shabby either!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
wonderful story dave!!!0
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal Dave.  A friend of mine died 2 years ago and I got his 94 F-150 4wd.  Straight 6 4 speed.  Just turned over to 70,000 miles last week.  Maybe I told you this already.  Has rust on all wheel wells.  I told the wife I may have you fix it up.  She said I don't think so.  lolol  Great work you do.  Keep em coming...