Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Take wolves off endangered  (Read 5496 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:reporter; Another bill aims to take wolves off endangered list

1/12/17

:coffee: ....
The new Congress wasted little time in efforts to once again remove gray wolves from the federal endangered species list.

:police: .........
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service had tried to take wolves in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Wyoming off the endangered species list, saying those populations had recovered sufficiently to allow resumed hunting under state management plans. But federal courts in 2014 reimposed federal protections under endangered species  for the wolves. :banghead:

:popcorn: ..
A bill introduced Tuesday by U.S. Reps. Collin Peterson, D-Minnesota; Sean Duffy, R-Wisconsin; and Liz Cheney, R-Wyoming, would overrule a federal court action and remove federal protections from wolves in the Great Lakes and mountain west.

That already happened once, but a judge's decision in late 2014 restored federal protections after wolves spent about three years under state control....

A gray wolf moves through forested country in winter. Credit: MacNeil Lyons, National Park Service.
 :Photography:
« Last Edit: January 01/13/17, 02:17:15 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
wowzer............had to dig deep, actually search for a wolves post!!!!!!!!! for anyone interested, and i am NOT doing this to stir the pot or get political, there's a pretty cool  story in todays outdoor section of the star and tribune about a collored/tagged wolf  that died and there search to find out why it died!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
wowzer............had to dig deep, actually search for a wolves post!!!!!!!!! for anyone interested, and i am NOT doing this to stir the pot or get political, there's a pretty cool  story in todays outdoor section of the star and tribune about a collored/tagged wolf  that died and there search to find out why it died!!!!!!!!!

Who cares! 
Find out why the collared and tagged Moose die!   :angry2:   Hope he got his head stumped by the last dinner he was trying to pull down!  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Who cares! 
Find out why the collared and tagged Moose die!   :angry2:   Hope he got his head stumped by the last dinner he was trying to pull down!  :happy1:
:pouty: such a negative Nelly! :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

:popcorn:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Who cares! 
:pouty: such a negative Nelly! :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Nua, I love um.    Moose!  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home from the feed store getting oats for the horses in this cold weather.  My friends mother was there too.  At 3 this morning they woke hearing wolves chasing their cattle.  They have a big pasture bordering the Rapid River.  The wolves chased the cattle out of the yard and out into the pasture.  When she left home at 8 her husband was still out dealing with them.  She didn't of course know how much damage was done.  They live 6 miles from me.  I keep a gun loaded at all times here and won't hesitate...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just came back from their farm.  It was a big pack of coyotes and they scattered his cattle a long ways.  They are still trying to count them to see if they rounded them all up. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Get out the scoped .223......... :fudd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've heard a couple groups, 1 on each side of the lake, of wolves howlin before here. It was very early in the morning, 2 hours or so before sunrise, after a full moon. Many sightings of the 'em on the west side of the main lake, some pics posted of 'em out on the ice headed for 1 of the  2 islands out there last season too. Think they had pics of 8 or 9, they're pretty careful with their pets up there.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Buffy doesn't let Poopsie the pink peek-a-poo out in the yard alone? *YIP*YIP*  :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Folks out in the vicinity of the History Center in Roch have noticed Coyotes around.   I pointed out that they are an unprotected species and can be terminated.  It was on the nextdoor.com neighborhood site.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Way too many of those mangy things everywhere. :fudd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've seen one skulking aground the neighborhood last year a lot....no doubt it was a mangy 'yote. Ya hunt and shoot them ya know a 'yote when ya see it. There's lotsa cats that roam free in this neighborhood, and it was outside the yard of the neighbor that lets her cats roam free. (Ones that killed my cardinals) For once,  I hope that 'yote scores some of "the other white meat".  :evil:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother works in the Silver Bay area at times and tells me that wolves follow the deer right into town in the winter.  Everyone has seen them day and night.  Dogs disappear frequently.  Here is a pic he sent me yesterday.  This is right by the Credit Union building right in Silver Bay. Thinking people don't shoot them cuz the neighbor may turn them in.   

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
They need one of those movie silencers, the ones that make a 30-06 go pfft pfft. :doofus:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where the Duluth news said last night that the female they put out on that island this fall is now back on land where they originally captured it. :scratch: :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where the Duluth news said last night that the female they put out on that island this fall is now back on land where they originally captured it. :scratch: :bonk:
maybe its a lesbian????????????? :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Of course. They're smart.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
They need one of those movie silencers, the ones that make a 30-06 go pfft pfft. :doofus:

Yeah, my son has one for his 06 he uses for Deer hunting and they don't do that much for high powered rounds! He's young and thinks it cool!  :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oil filters work well.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman