Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wild  (Read 44657 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yeah leech, pretty soon Dem wild players can join the Hawks on da golf course. :confused: but den dous Hawks players already have a few rounds in already  :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The jets are the real deal, fast and physical.  Gonna be tough to beat em even our ice...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
1st I seen 'em play, they did look like they'd be hard to knock off.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:reporter; Winnipeg Jets grounded in Duluth en route to St. Paul for Game 3 with Wild.

By Jon Nowacki  on Apr 14, 2018 at 11:29 p.m. 

:coffee: ....
The Winnipeg Jets were supposed to fly into Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on Saturday but had their charter flight diverted to Duluth because of a massive spring snowstorm that converged on the Twin Cities. :snow1:

Air Canada Flight 7017 arrived in Duluth a little after 2 p.m. Saturday and headed back to Winnipeg a little after 4:30 p.m. According to workers with Monaco Air, the team stayed on the plane, waiting in Duluth hoping things would clear up. :doah:

According to the Winnipeg Free Press, the team also considered making it to the Twin Cities by road, but traveling the highways could be treacherous. The team practiced Saturday morning at Bell MTS Iceplex in Winnipeg, moving up both its practice and flight times hoping to beat the bad weather developing in the Twin Cities, but that obviously didn't happen. :banghead:

While the wind whipped through the Monaco Air parking lot with ferocity and waves on Lake Superior provided quite the spectacle, the Twin Ports were spared most of the storm's wrath as of Saturday evening.

:popcorn: ..
Game 3 of the Jets' best-of-seven NHL playoff series with the Minnesota Wild is set for 6 p.m. today at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, but with strong winds and periods of snow expected through the overnight, playing the game as scheduled could be a challenge. The Wild already cancelled today's pre-game party due to the weather.

Michael Russo of The Athletic said the Jets were expected to fly out at 9 a.m. today.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought I just heard WCCO say that they were going to try & take buses down to the TC. :scratch: Don't think the roads would be any better

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome game last night, just need to do it three more times.
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't catch much of the game, glad to see they played a lot better. :happy1: It looked(WCCO) like all the snow wasn't going to keep the fans away as they were rollin in early.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Scheifele, Hellebuyck lead Jets past Wild 2-0, for 3-1 lead. :doah:

:reporter; ... 
Associated Press

:coffee: .....
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP)-- Connor Hellebuyck bounced back in a big way, just as the Winnipeg Jets were expecting.

:popcorn:...
The 24-year-old goalie turned aside every shot Minnesota could muster, shoving the Wild to the brink of elimination. :banghead:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/18/18, 07:51:22 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yep......... they can be golfing by the weekend wit dem hawks!!!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :bonk: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
                            Jets look to seal closeout deal against Wild

WINNIPEG, Manitoba -- Nobody needs to tell Winnipeg Jets fans what happened the last time their team had a 3-1 lead in a playoff series.

After Dave Ellett scored in double overtime in Game 4 of their first-round matchup against the Edmonton Oilers in 1990, Jets 1.0 went on to lose three consecutive games, continuing their decade-long heartbreak against their hated rival.

The other time the Jets were up 3-1 in the postseason, against the Vancouver Canucks in 1992, they promptly went on a three-game losing streak, too.

In fact, you have to go back to Winnipeg's days in the World Hockey Association to find a killer instinct.

During the 1978-79 season, the Jets, led by super Swedes Kent Nilsson and Lars-Erik Sjoberg as well as Terry Ruskowski, took a 3-1 lead against 18-year-old Wayne Gretzky and the Oilers. They lost Game 5 on the road but locked up their third AVCO Cup championship in four years in Game 6 with a 7-3 victory.

If the Jets are to exorcise some demons Friday night against the Minnesota Wild at Bell MTS Place, they're going to have to do it without defenseman Josh Morrissey, who was suspended one game for a vicious cross-check to the face of Wild forward Eric Staal during the Jets' 2-0 victory Tuesday night.

When you factor in the absence of Toby Enstrom, who has been out for several weeks with a bad ankle; Dmitri Kulikov, who had back surgery in March; and Tyler Myers, who was hurt in Game 3, three of the Jets' top four rearguards are expected to be out for this all-important game.

"It doesn't really cross my mind," Bryan Little told The Winnipeg Sun after practice Thursday. "It's going to take a lot more for us to get nervous about that."

Staal told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that he wasn't spending any time worrying that Morrissey didn't receive a longer suspension.

"It doesn't matter," he said after Thursday's practice at Xcel Energy Center. "Regardless of what (the NHL) decided, it wouldn't have made a difference. I'm worried about trying to help our team win the game up there and take (the series) home. That's all I'm focused on."

The Jets recalled defenseman Sami Niku from the Manitoba Moose, mere hours after dipping into their farm club for fellow D-man Tucker Poolman. The young Finn made his NHL debut two weeks ago, scoring his first goal against the Montreal Canadiens.

The Wild will continue to be without two of their best players, too -- defenseman Ryan Suter, who broke an ankle April 2, and forward Zach Parise, who is out long term with a broken sternum.

Ryan Murphy will step in on the Wild blue line for Carson Soucy and play his first NHL postseason game. He told the Star Tribune that he sees a pattern.

"I actually made my NHL debut against the Winnipeg Jets, too, and my Minnesota debut against the Jets," he said. "So it's Winnipeg all the time."
« Last Edit: April 04/20/18, 08:38:52 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's way to quiet here. So, wa-hoppen :scratch:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
It's way to quiet here. So, wa-hoppen :scratch:
We'll the wild will be playing golf after tonight, the hawks have been playing golf for about a week and the pens... well they're the pens, what else can you say.

if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: April 04/20/18, 06:49:48 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Many BWCA Reports

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angry2: good nite Irene!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
My Dad used to say that.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My Dad used to say that.
yea well iffin I was your dad  :tut: :tut: you'd a sat in the corner more!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Until I was fourteen, I thought the corner was my home.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Until I was fourteen, I thought the corner was my home.
:confused: me too! But it was always my brothers fault! :angry2: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Too bad Dubnyk didn't show up :thumbs:, 4 goals in 10 shots!  :rolleyes: Think glenn could do better than that ;) :laugh:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :popcorn: Meanwhile back At Da Ranch.... :pouty:

The Wild goes down in a real squeaker. :rotflmao:

VIDEO RECAP.....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/minnesota-wild-at-winnipeg-jets/game-center/sp-id-60401000002039028
« Last Edit: April 04/21/18, 07:11:12 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  After Wild are eliminated, it remains to be seen if this was Matt Cullen's last NHL game. :confused:

Apr 20, 2018

:coffee: .....
WINNIPEG—Matt Cullen skated off the ice Friday night at Bell MTS Place.

He tapped his stick on the ice three times as teammate Marcus Foligno patted him on the shoulder.

:popcorn:
It wasn't lost on Minnesota Wild players that their 5-0 loss to the Winnipeg Jets—a team that didn't exist when Cullen first stepped foot into the NHL 20 years ago—could be the final game of the Moorhead, Minn., product's remarkable NHL career.

The 41-year-old Cullen wasn't ready to make any decisions on his future immediately after the game. He said he'll take time to make a decision as he's done the past three summers.

"I don't know," Cullen said. :scratch: "My only thought here the last while was getting it back home for Game 6. To be real honest, I don't have an answer for you right now. I have some family in Chicago for a hockey tournament, some in Moorhead for a hockey tournament and some in Minneapolis. So, we need some time to get away from it all. As I've said in the past, it's an important decision to me and my family, so we'll give it its rightful due."

The last three summers, Cullen went through this same process and decided to return for another year.

He signed a one-year deal with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2015 and won his second Stanley Cup the following spring. He signed a one-year deal with the Penguins again in the summer of 2016 and his third Stanley Cup last spring.

Last summer, he signed with his home-state Minnesota Wild, hoping to bring the Twin Cities its first Stanley Cup. But that journey ended in a rowdy Bell MTS Place, where the Jets won their 12th-straight home game to eliminate the Wild in five games.

Cullen is already the oldest player in the NHL at 41 years, 167 days. He's one of two players from his 1996 draft class still playing. The other is Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara.

Cullen finished this season with 22 points in 79 games, his lowest point total since 2003-04, when he had 19 points in 56 games for the Florida Panthers.

Friday's game was a disaster from the start for the Wild. They gave up four goals in the opening 12 minutes.

"It's really disappointing," Cullen said. "I don't think that's indicative of the team we have. It's just a really tough night. Obviously, with our backs against the wall, we expected more and hoped for more. If we could do it all over again, we'd like to give more. But I don't think it was a lack of effort, honestly. I just think we were on our heels a little bit. They're a good team. They played well and we didn't."

At the end of the game, Cullen didn't give any obvious signs on what he may be thinking.

On his final shift, he tried to set up a teammate cutting down the slot, then casually made a line change with 2:19 to go.

After the final buzzer, he went through the handshake line, skated to the linesmen to shake their hands, then circled around the arena, jumped over a TV cord and tracked down the referees to shake their hands, too. He was the only player to do so.

As he left the ice, his teammates showed their appreciation for him with pats and hugs.

Then, Cullen gave his assessment of the game to assembled media.

"They came out and they were going pretty good and we were not," Cullen said. "We were just caught on our heels and they took advantage of that. After that, they did a great job shutting it down."

:scratch: ...
Now the question awaits: Will Cullen, after 20 years, eight NHL teams, 1,573 NHL games, 128 playoff games, 278 goals, 769 points and three Stanley Cups, shut it down?

Minnesota Wild center Matt Cullen (7) prior to the game against the Winnipeg Jets in game five of the first round of the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs at Bell MTS Place on Friday, April 20.

:Photography:

Many BWCA Reports

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: I seen in the paper this morning where da next Stanley cup champs, the Minnesota Wild, clobbered the Chicago Blackhawks. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: I seen in the paper this morning where da next Stanley cup champs, the Minnesota Wild, clobbered the Chicago Blackhawks. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I didn't see that article,  but I just turned the game on and we are getting out shot 26-6 early in the 2nd period at home
To the caines.  Cup here we come.. :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/13/18, 06:29:38 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I didn't see that article,  but I just turned the game on and we are getting out shot 26-6 early in the 2nd period at home
To the caines.  Cup here we come.. :rotflmao:

Typical wild fans!  You's guys get all excited when da season starts and fizzle out as da season progresses. :doofus:

:moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea, maybe so but for the time being we kicked da Hawks behind!!! :happy1: :bow: ok I gotta go to bed now! :pouty: