Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: west side 1-13 through 1-15  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Springsteel's road was in good shape

I got up to the south tip area ahead of the rest of our crew, unhitched from the house and punched us a road off of springsteels road.

There was flooding to deal with.

I plowed a loop with 4 parking spurs off of it.

We had a little flag at the end of our road.

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We had live shiners and fat heads, but the stray mud minnows were the hot ticket.

I think our house caught around 30 fish total for the weekend. 13 keepers which was a mixed bucket of walleye, sauger, a few 14+" perch and a northern.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Slow fishing for me on the east side yesterday. Did not fish Saturday. I moved the house back in to 31-32 FOW, so we will see how next weekend goes. Nice report Dave!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice hat Dave and report!!  Semper fi!! :Clap: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks guys. We might take next weekend off, go snowmobiling instead.

30's and possibly 40's for temp on a 40 mile wide sheet of ice that's stabilized in sub zero temps...

I don't know how it all works for sure, but lets speculate that a person could see a half inch expansion over 100 yds of ice....

Multiplied by the area of the entire lake... Well, using that guess... there's around 30 feet of expansion.

Lets say it's half that, it's still 15 feet, that's going to go somewhere. Heaves upward and downward. It's a rodeo that I think I'll skip with the wheel house. lol

I'll be back the following week after the carnage settles. hahaha

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
nice dave! far bettter tha  we fared. mudminnows rule when the bite is tough.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Actaully, the lake popped hard last night at 9:20. Shook the whole house, rattled the windows. Fells like an earthquake when it goes. And I am talking about our house on land not the fish house. It will be interesting to se what the breaker looks like in the daylight when we get home.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Northerndave

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
that will be interesting for sure