Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Custom Ice Rod Racks  (Read 5188 times)

Offline Oldandintheway

• Outdoorsman
If you have a few nice custom-built ice rods, you might want a nice custom-built ice rod rack to store and protect your rods. These are great for use at home or in the fish house. They can be built to your specs, but most are being ordered in oak and with either seven or ten rod places. They can be shipped completely assembled or ready for you to assemble, which will save a bit on shipping costs. Or you can pick up if you are ever in the Grand Rapids, MN area. Let me know if you are interested!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Nice wood work!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO. Made 1 of my own but it doesn't look anywhere near that nice. Kind of in the neighborhood, a good share of the year, between 6 & 46
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
How much? Picked up? Shipping? Only problem is, I'd have to buy new rods & reels too, so they looked as good as your work :laugh:

Offline Oldandintheway

• Outdoorsman
Can't believe I forgot to post the costs ...

I can do a 7 rod rack in oak for $50 ... 10 rod rack for $65. Shipping costs are whatever UPS actually charges plus $4 for the box.

FYI, I don't make these to make money ... I just enjoy building them. I think next year I will need to increase the prices a bit to cover the cost of materials ...

thanks for your interest.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i need a 4 rod holder, i can get you the dimensions but id like one.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :cool: I think I've seen some other pics of your work. :scratch: Down the street & around the corner from Sillytown ;) A lot of good guys here, quite a bit mellower, I hope you get some more orders.

Offline Oldandintheway

• Outdoorsman
i need a 4 rod holder, i can get you the dimensions but id like one.

Boar: The dimensions for the 10-rod rack are about 33" wide, 18" tall and 3.5 deep. I'd guess a 4-rod rack would be about 12" wide as I allot 3 inches between each rod. I could use your dimensions, if possible.
Let me know if your are interested.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
im interested butim not sure of the width of the cabinet where I want to mount them. is like 2 but let me get the width demension from my ice castle first. ill be doing that next weekend.
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nice racks Kevin!  :happy1: Glad yur here!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Oldandintheway

• Outdoorsman
I just finished two more of these 10 rod racks ... one is spoken for but the other is available. If you were thinking of getting one, now would be a great time. I could stain it to your spec and put the final poly finish on it and ship it to you in a couple days. Let me know if you are interested.

Offline Oldandintheway

• Outdoorsman
im interested butim not sure of the width of the cabinet where I want to mount them. is like 2 but let me get the width demension from my ice castle first. ill be doing that next weekend.

Boar: Here are your finished rod racks ... let me know when you are ready for them, and if you would like for me to ship them to you or if you will pick up here in Grand Rapids. Thanks!

Kevin

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thay look great!! thank you, would you be interested in staining the interior cedar of my ice castle.
78.50"

Offline Oldandintheway

• Outdoorsman
Here is another version ... also in cedar for an Ice Castle ... which is holding 6 rods. It matches the Ice Castle interior cedar very well and was easy to install.

Oops, photo is rotated ... should be vertical. You get the idea ...

Offline Oldandintheway

• Outdoorsman
Here are a couple new rod racks recently built for customers: first (second photo) is a 10-rod wall-mount rack made of pine and the second is an 8-rod fish house rack also made of pine, but with a clearcoat finish. If you would like a rack for for your home or fish house, let me know. They cost from $50 - $65, depending on wood species and number or rods.

PM me for more info ...

Offline Oldandintheway

• Outdoorsman
Still building these rod racks. Just delivered one today. Let me know if you need one for your shack.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Still building these rod racks. Just delivered one today. Let me know if you need one for your shack.

May be put a few rods in them for the pictures to show how they work.  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ive got a set they work great , have to feex the up and thru the seat down
78.50"

Offline Oldandintheway

• Outdoorsman
Kinda like this ...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda like this ...

Oh so that's what this says:  Boar-"ive got a set they work great , have to feex the up and thru the seat down"

Looks nice.  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Oldandintheway

• Outdoorsman
Werd for ward

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
see that wasnt so harx..m
78.50"