Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Crock Pot Venison Pot Roast  (Read 3721 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Someone was looking for a Crock Pot Venison Pot Roast, I found this.....

Venison Pot Roast

You’ll Need:

Large Crock Pot
    Non-stick spray
    6-8 hours to allow food to cook

Ingredients:

3 lb of venison roast (I also like to use one large back strap cut into two halves, don’t kill me.)
    2 lb of small red potatoes cut into halves
    1.5 lb of baby carrots
    1 large white onion cut into 1/2 inch pieces
    2 envelopes (1 box) of Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix
    1 cup of water
    4 cloves of garlic minced
    1 can of diced tomatoes
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper

Directions

Begin by spraying down your slow cooker to make for easy cleanup. Add to the bottom of your slow cooker 1 cup of water, the garlic and your chopped onion. Then place your venison on top of the onion bed.

On top of the venison, add both envelopes of the Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix, salt and pepper.

Finish by adding the carrots and potatoes on top.
Cover your crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours, or until tender.

About halfway through, stir and add can of diced tomatoes.

If you would like a more gravy like mixture, which tends to make it more of a beef stew, you can remove the juices before serving, and place the juices on high in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir frequently while bringing to a boil. After boiling, let sit for approximately 10 minutes.

Add 1 teaspoon of flour or 2 teaspoons of cornstarch with a couple tablespoons of cold water. Stir until desired thickness. If your mixture does not thicken, add more flour or cornstarch a little bit at a time until desired thickness.

Place in a bowl and serve!

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll call it good except for one thing "its against all common sense to use a backstrap in a slow cooker!" that ain't right.Sure looks like a tasty dinner tho.