Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New truck.  (Read 24515 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I started kicking around the idea of a new truck.  Had a 2007 gmc, then went to a 2011 ford, now thinking about a new dodge.  I really like the ford but dang the price on a new dodge is pretty hard to beat with all the incentives.  What are your guys thoughts?
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You still looking at a 3/4 ton? I did the same thing last summer, sold my old faithful 2500HD gmc. Ended going the Dodge route 2500 6.4 litre hemi that has a chit ton of power, not too bad fuel  milage either. A buddy asked me why I didn't get the 3500, he claims the tabs are a lot cheaper versus the 2500... :bonk:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe I should have said licensing.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Friggin' tabs!!!!!  :censored:  :mad1:  Ya, dat super nice truck ya got dere, boobski!!! Me like!   :happy1:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
if ya go dodge, let me know how it works for ya, will be trading up in a few years. wanna know if I have to pull ya out next year at iceapalooza....again :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
You still looking at a 3/4 ton? I did the same thing last summer, sold my old faithful 2500HD gmc. Ended going the Dodge route 2500 6.4 litre hemi that has a chit ton of power, not too bad fuel  milage either. A buddy asked me why I didn't get the 3500, he claims the tabs are a lot cheaper versus the 2500... :bonk:

Yeah tabs on a 1 ton are $129 vs what $600 for the 3/4.  I think I did change my mind and I'm going back to the half ton.  Figured for the 10 times a year I pull the framper I can't justify it.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
if ya go dodge, let me know how it works for ya, will be trading up in a few years. wanna know if I have to pull ya out next year at iceapalooza....again :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: mooning-448.gif mooning-448.gif mooning-448.gif :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear da Smurf is ready for ya'll.... :rotflmao: :bonk:

Offline hawg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Rebs, I'm looking too but for a good used truck about 2013-2014, my old Silverado 2003 has been great but I HATE RUST and it starting to go! I never thought I would consider a Dodge but I'm slowly changing also. Their grills are still too big to look normal but Ford is about the same nowadays. I still have Chevy as #1 though.
I've been your age, you never been mine!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll stay with Mr. Sparkles for a while....2010 F150 XLT with the 5.4 Triton. No complaints. He just turned over 18,000.  ;D

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dodge? well yeah cheap is cheap and they don't sell very well nationally thats why they dangle the carrot to dump these turds,slam the door once and compare that to your GM truck,tin sounding,after two winters of sand and salt your dodge will start to show rust on the thin sheet metal,GM has a 100kmile corrosion warrenty and double sided galvanized steel construction,then compare the rear suspenion of dodge and GM,wishbone rear suspension on dodge will squat under any kind of payl;oad or trailer tonuge weight further dodge does'nt offer any kind of a locking diff or possi traction....this is just a few things from the top I can think of.

Offline hawg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Maybe you should sell me Mr. Sparkles? One of my good friends about 65-66 years old just before he  bought a new chevy said, "I'd look way better driving a new truck than my son in law would."
I've been your age, you never been mine!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Get in line!   ;)  Not one tiny dent, ding, scratch, or mark on that truck, anywhere. Inside or out. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll stay with Mr. Sparkles for a while....2010 F150 XLT with the 5.4 Triton. No complaints. He just turned over 18,000.  ;D

heck that's not even broke in yet!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

oh yea it is...........see the neighbor lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: sleazy-422.gif sleazy-422.gif :dancinred: :taz: :rocker; :rocker; :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dodge? well yeah cheap is cheap and they don't sell very well nationally thats why they dangle the carrot to dump these turds,slam the door once and compare that to your GM truck,tin sounding,after two winters of sand and salt your dodge will start to show rust on the thin sheet metal,GM has a 100kmile corrosion warrenty and double sided galvanized steel construction,then compare the rear suspenion of dodge and GM,wishbone rear suspension on dodge will squat under any kind of payl;oad or trailer tonuge weight further dodge does'nt offer any kind of a locking diff or possi traction....this is just a few things from the top I can think of.

You might want to check your facts, snow1. Dodge has had LS (limited Slip for many years.  Posi is just GM's name for the same thing.  Just like my For's Detroit Locker. Rear suspension is also a coil link spring. I've seen on heck of a lot more rusted out chebbys than I have Dodges running around.  :undecided:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

oh yea it is...........see the neighbor lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: sleazy-422.gif sleazy-422.gif :dancinred: :taz: :rocker; :rocker; :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

OH NO!!! not the NL again!!   smoking_a_joint-408.gif fart-421.gif
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Why you....you.....^$#@$#@ training-087 training-087 training-087 :taz: :fudd: :mad1: tut_tut-3315.gif

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Why you....you.....^$#@$#@ training-087 training-087 training-087 :taz: :fudd: :mad1: tut_tut-3315.gif
morning bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Reb,GM has the patented electronic locking rear diff,ford has what they call limited slip rear diff,either way both are lites out better than dodge for traction,and yes rear coil/wishbone rear suspension squats under load big time,but makes for a smooth ride,with that said because of the soft suspension dodge is top heavy,take it on a curvy test drive you'll feel the sway big time and guess what that does to tire wear...

If ya can't tell I'm not a dodge fan...hahaha,to each his own I guess.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, whatever works for ya. I've been wrenching on all of 'em since I worked for Ford as a mechanic way back in '74.   ;)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya beat me to it reb. Snow I've pretty much disagreed with everything you've said. I've hauled a lot of wood I'm 02 gmc 2500, but this one handles it a little better. Top heavey  ya right. These E rating tires I can hit a corner pretty hard with no problem.  In the pic is a small load but most of it is on the tail, do you see any squattage, I didn't think so. And ya went up the hill in 2 wheel drive (posi) I can turn it on or off if I like.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya beat me to it reb. Snow I've pretty much disagreed with everything you've said. I've hauled a lot of wood I'm 02 gmc 2500, but this one handles it a little better. Top heavey  ya right. These E rating tires I can hit a corner pretty hard with no problem.  In the pic is a small load but most of it is on the tail, do you see any squattage, I didn't think so. And ya went up the hill in 2 wheel drive (posi) I can turn it on or off if I like.  :happy1:
:scratch: :scratch: reb  said you were stuck in hisdriveway after i left sat!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :doah: confused-3316.gif smoking_a_joint-408.gif :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, right!!  Why don'tcha check that new barometer....I think a big drop in yer head pressure just happened.  :rotflmao: ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, right!!  Why don'tcha check that new barometer....I think a big drop in yer head pressure just happened.  :rotflmao: ;D
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
.   You guys seen this one?

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
well bob,thats great,but the pic sure shows the squat in the ass end of that tank,tire right up in the wheel well.02 gmc you say? talk about old school,the GM trucks have been updated 3 times since then,nothing wrong with the old they just make'em better and stronger,the latest was 2015 when they boxed in the truck frame,not c channel like the wanna be pick'um trucks out there.

I had a chance to compare the new chevy HD,ford eco booost and the ram hemi on a track a couple years ago,the pro driver holding the event mentioned the body roll as we watched the hemi coming towards us thru turns,then he had me look@ the front stock tires,he said the truck only had 800miles on it,and the front tires were already cupped on the outside edge just from running these courses,but thats great you like your dodge,your investment.

I'm told some dodge lots stilln have a few 2015 models out there brand new,gotta think they will almost give them away by now,lots of interest beging paid for those trucks taking up space.

Not looking for an argument,just stating the facts as I know'em,pro's and con's.My opinion only.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
If you think that's squatting then you need to wipe the smudge off your glasses. I've owned lots of trucks, hauled it all. Most factory( junk) tires never have lasted that long, way too soft. Old school, for your info I had that truck 12 years and all I did was tires, batteries and brakes, best Ive had ( GM ) doesn't make them like that anymore.
All our sales trucks used to be gm....not anymore, 50/50 ford, Dodge. But you go back and try to pettle your Gm products to someone else...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess ya learn at an early age....  ;D :rotflmao: