Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New truck.  (Read 24415 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
No, just on us poor folk cloth seats.  Didn't even know Dotch offered leather seats...never mind! ;D

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I hear you Reb.   It's still trying to sink in that I actually bought one.  The first 218 miles have gone well so far. :scratch:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
This will get 'em all going, but let 'em. Read Trucking mag...Hot Rod...Car Craft....dump that first  oil and filter at 1,000-1500 miles! Go read up on fluorescence testing at that point...that first change at that point has so many tiny, tiny metal particles in it, it looks like metal flake paint under fluorescing light and spectroscopic analysis.  I've seen it; It really does. I dumped mine at just a hair before 1000 miles.
To me, it's worth it. Or, you could be like the NL 1 who asked me when she got her brand new car last year, I advised her the same, then she went and asked her salesman. God, I love when they do that...why the hell did ask someone who works on engines, then go ask a salesman?? Anyway, she let it go to over 7,500 miles because he said that was fine. I wouldn't give her a plugged nickel for that engine, with today's tight tolerances that are necessary.  :doah:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
It does make sense when you think about it reb, but I haven't had any problems with the 3 I bought brand spanking new over the years. I'm not ready for my first oil change yet but I might just make an appt...thanks

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Can't have a sexy truck with a grampa topper!!!  sleazy-422.gif
sexy enough..........I don't need widgets and gadgets............unlike some!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Thanks for the advice.  I have 4 oil changes to use up in the next 2 years. 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
sexy enough..........I don't need widgets and gadgets............unlike some!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm not sure you could figure out the widgets and gadgets. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the advice.  I have 4 oil changes to use up in the next 2 years.

Just my opinion. I figure ya get that first change free anyway, so why not? New engine and parts, wearing themselves in....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

I'm not sure you could figure out the widgets and gadgets. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ya, all he needs is the bulb horn that goes *MEEP*MEEP*    :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the oil change is no different for the trucks as it is for motorcycles.  when I bought my new or even used, they were at 1000 miles to see where the story might go.
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I put the running boards and tonneau cover on tonight.   I think I have everything done now.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking good G!! If you see a white one honkin at ya out that away it'll probably be me!! :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking good G!! If you see a white one honkin at ya out that away it'll probably be me!! :happy1:

*HONK*    ;D

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
HA HA HA HA :rotflmao: :applause: :applause:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey! We need a "post yer truck pics" thread!  :cheesy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey! We need a "post yer truck pics" thread!  :cheesy:
well start one!!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :scratch: :banghead: :banghead:  DOAH!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mr. Sparkles is too shy.   :azn:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Oh no not aflac already please.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No ducks here!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not any more Cuz i run his azz over. :whistling:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Maybe should'a bought a Tacoma?

https://youtu.be/kprYsBfbbt0
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
NAAAA!!!

Tacoma built tough.... :rotflmao:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I did my first oil change yesterday on the ram G, man was that easy.  I do have a couple of free ones but wanted to do it myself.  The hardest part was finding the oil, after 2 stops i found some (sae ow-40) . Underneath there is nothing in the way to get splashed up with oil, even under the horizontal filter is a built in funnel for oil to flow out . Call me old school but I usually had oil running down my arm or on the driveway after a change but not with the hemi.  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I did my first oil change yesterday on the ram G, man was that easy.  I do have a couple of free ones but wanted to do it myself.  The hardest part was finding the oil, after 2 stops i found some (sae ow-40) . Underneath there is nothing in the way to get splashed up with oil, even under the horizontal filter is a built in funnel for oil to flow out . Call me old school but I usually had oil running down my arm or on the driveway after a change but not with the hemi.  :happy1:

My stranger had the starter and bendix mounted directly under the oil filter...ya, good placement, guys....$$#@!  I'd unscrew it from the top, but the header didn't allow ya to pull it up, so you had to let it drop into the pan. After it dripped awhile, then slide under and wipe off everything. Still have a burn scar on right wrist from that header pipe. :angry:
« Last Edit: February 02/19/17, 12:52:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

I definitely hear you on the oil running down the arm.  I just chalk the up to man moisturizer.  I have 500 trouble free miles on the goat now with no complaints.  I will tell you this for sure my Ford had a bit of a nicer ride.  However I love the heated steering wheel and seats. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Heated seats and steering wheel. Must be for sissy office people!!!! :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Heated wheel and seats?!  That's what gloves and a fat butt are for!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well it's not a cheby so I can't keep warm from pushing it.  :rotflmao:

Sorry Reb I can't help I don't have the fat arse part. :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman