Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Remington Rifle settlement  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
   :reporter; BREAKING NEWS: :fudd:

Federal Judge Approves Remington Rifle Settlement.
:Hunter:

3/15/17
4 hours ago

:coffee: ..........
Despite what gun owners and nine other state attorney generals had to say, a federal judge definitively approved a landmark settlement case that calls millions of allegedly defective Remington Arms rifles into question.

According to CNBC, the ruling involves some 7.5 million firearms – including the popular Model 700 rifle – and allows owners to have the trigger mechanism fixed free of charge.

U.S. District Judge Ortie Smith of Kansas City stated his disappointment in the lack of gun owners who have asked to have the triggers replaced. So far, just 22,000 have been reported fixed.

Remington has agreed to the terms of the settlement, but continues to stand behind its popular Model 700 and all of its rifles. Here is a list of who’s included in the benefits from the lawsuit:

The Settlement provides benefits to:

Current owners of Remington Model 700, Seven, Sportsman 78, 673, 710, 715, 770, 600, 660, XP-100, 721, 722, and 725 firearms containing a Remington trigger mechanism that utilizes a trigger connector
Current owners of Remington Model 700 and Model Seven rifles containing an X-Mark Pro trigger mechanism manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014 who did not participate in the voluntary X-Mark Pro product recall prior to April 14, 2015; and
Current and former owners of Remington Model 700 and Model Seven rifles who replaced their rifle’s original Walker trigger mechanism with an X-Mark Pro trigger mechanism
« Last Edit: March 03/15/17, 02:46:32 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I realize this is old news, but I ran across this article when I was checking to see if the trigger on my daughter's Model Seven was affected by the recall.

It is a bit of a long read, and I don't know if Remington is guilty or not of covering up a faulty trigger design, but Remington's response to the 60 Minutes piece shows how the news media presents or conceals relevant facts to suit their own editorial bias.

https://www.remington.com/news/2017/remington-responds-60-minutes

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I realize this is old news, but I ran across this article when I was checking to see if the trigger on my daughter's Model Seven was affected by the recall.

It is a bit of a long read, and I don't know if Remington is guilty or not of covering up a faulty trigger design, but Remington's response to the 60 Minutes piece shows how the news media presents or conceals relevant facts to suit their own editorial bias.

https://www.remington.com/news/2017/remington-responds-60-minutes
Google that suit!! Remington wont fess up and is covering their butts with denial!! There are so many faulty rifles something aint right!! How many been harmed by the poor design?? do you know?Way to many!! Its gonna cost them so much they wanna weasel out.Buy a Winchester let em weasle all the way to repair or bankruptcy!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I put up the recall awhile ago.....it was a certain kind of trigger design you had to worry about....  confused-3316.gif

One trigger was smooth and the other was ribbed.....if you have a ribbed trigger, you didn't have to worry about the recall because it was already fixed....

I'll see if i can find it....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been a big Remington fan all my life.  I do have other brands too but this really bugs me...  I may not buy another one.