Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's Wrong Wit Athletes!  (Read 52098 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
     :reporter; .. Wilkerson not traveling with Jets due to: :banghead:

:taz: extreme tardiness!
:doah:

:coffee: ......
The New York Jets are traveling to New Orleans this weekend without two-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Mo Wilkerson due to a “coach’s decision.”

:popcorn: .....
Now we know a bit more about why head coach Todd Bowles is leaving Wilkerson behind. According to Darryl Slater and Connor Hughes of NJ Advanced Media, Wilkerson isn’t traveling with the Jets because he was late for a team meeting on Friday.

:tut: .....
“A source told NJ Advance Media’s Connor Hughes that the reason is this: Wilkerson arrived late to Friday morning’s team meeting. Tardiness continues to be an issue for him, and it now looks likelier that the Jets will decide to part ways with him after this season.”

And according to Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, it wasn’t just a few minutes late, either.

The Jets can save $11 million by cutting Wilkerson this offseason. The 28-year-old signed an $86 million extension in July 2016 after racking up 28.5 sacks in his previous three seasons.

However, since then his performance hasn’t lived up to that high price tag. And behavioral issues have continued to plague him at a time when he’s supposed to be in his prime.

There are also reports out there that the Jets think Wilkerson takes plays off. :doah:

It’s widely believed he’ll be either cut or traded before the 2018 season begins. Though, given his gargantuan contract, it’s hard to believe another team would be willing to part with draft picks to land him at this point. :thumbs:

:oops1:

Da Moral a Dis Story:

"Better Late Den Never"

Not In Dis Case! :tut:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12/16/17, 02:55:40 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:reporter;  Thomas Davis suspended two games for hit, will appeal.

Nice Video of Game Highlights Shown below......  :happy1:

:coffee: ....
Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis will be suspended for his head shot on Green Bay Packers wide receiver Davante Adams during Sunday’s game, the NFL announced on Monday.

:popcorn: ....
Thomas targeted Adams’s head after a turnover in Carolina’s win over Green Bay, and the wide receiver ended up leaving the game with a concussion.

:scratch: ...
It’s interesting that Davis got hit with a two-game ban, as Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster was suspended one game earlier this month  for a similar illegal block. However, the NFL said in a statement that Davis being a repeat offender was taken into consideration: :tut:

Game highlight video.....

Wrong link :doah:
http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Cam_to_Clay_Youve_been_watching_film_huh/ae1e1b0a-d6a6-454c-b5a3-e72f84caef26

Corrected Link: :happy1:
 :oops1:
 :sorry:
http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Highlights_Panthers_vs_Packers/560cfd5f-a0d7-4804-89aa-a2987a4b4169
« Last Edit: December 12/19/17, 04:46:44 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 Bucs bench RB Doug Martin vs. Falcons for rules violation, report says :scratch:

The Buccaneers suspended running back Doug Martin for Monday night's game against the Falcons due to a "minor" undisclosed rules violation, according to NFL.com.

MORE: Bucs' Jameis Winston fined $12K for poking Saints' Marshon Lattimore | Buccaneers' Mike Evans suspended 1 game for Marshon Lattimore hit

Doug MartinMartin is averaging just 3.1 yards per carry while rushing for 402 yards through nine games this season. He also missed the season's first four games serving a suspension for violating the league's drug policy. :thumbs: Though Martin is Tampa Bay's leading rusher, he has scored just three total touchdowns this season.

Peyton Barber will start in Martin's absence, with Jacquizz Rodgers backing him up. The Buccaneers, last in the NFC South, have lost three straight games.

:pouty: .....
Every Week da beat just keeps goin...... On & On & On & On! How in da world can so many of dee's guys be such undisciplined animal  :moon: holes :angry2: :angry2:

« Last Edit: December 12/19/17, 09:02:24 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :crazy: :crazy: what next.................. on the homepage now there dreaming up another conspiracy the patriots are part of.............thermometergate????????? really??? :pouty: :pouty: :confused: they supposedly hung thermometers along the tunnel of the Jets locker room and on there sidelines to remind them of how cold it is!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :rotflmao: 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The sad part is it doesn't surprise me.  If you need help to beat the  jets (another cold weather team) then you have issues .. :crazy:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Only would work if A. You tweak the device to show 10 degrees colder that it is or B force even colder air onto there bench.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  New York Jets WR Robby Anderson arrested. (again) :doah:  :banghead:

Updated Jan 20, 2018

:tut:
Jets second-year breakout WR Robby Anderson is in trouble again.
Anderson was arrested early Friday morning in Sunrise, Fla. on a plethora of charges, both felony and misdemeanor in nature.

:police: ......
The police report, obtained by NJ Advance Media, lists nine different charges against Anderson: felony fleeing and eluding police with lights and sirens active; felony threatening a public servant/family; misdemeanor resisting arrest without violence; misdemeanor reckless driving; failure to drive in a single lane; disobeying/avoiding a red light (second count); exceeding speed limit by 50 MPH or more; and turning when unsafe/without signaling.

Anderson was clocked going 105 MPH in a 45 MPH zone through two red lights and was "all over the roadway," according to the report filed by arresting officer Jonathan B. Hennessy. Once Anderson was placed in handcuffs and put in the back of Hennessy's car, the Jets' wideout verbally abused :mad1: the police officer, making vulgar threats about finding Hennessy's wife and having sex with her. :doah:

:police: ...."Based on his statements, it was clear that he intended to sexually assault my wife," Hennessy wrote in the report.

Anderson, 24, was arrested last May at a Florida music festival :rocker; and charged with a felony count of resisting arrest with violence training-087 and obstruction of justice. The police report indicated he was fighting training-087 with security and a police officer after he was ordered to leave the festival. :tut:

The former Temple star and 2016 undrafted free agent, Anderson was one of the Jets' biggest success stories last season, when he caught 63 balls for 943 yards and seven touchdowns. Mostly a deep threat as a rookie, Anderson showed marked improvement by having success against the opposition's top corner and expanding his route tree and productivity at all levels of the field.

Indeed, Anderson has flashed No. 1 wideout ability, but not dependability. The Jets drafted three pass catchers last spring — wide receivers ArDarius Stewart (Round 3), Chad Hansen (Round 4) and TE Jordan Leggett, none of whom made an early impact on offense.

Gang Green had more success catching lightning in a bottle with Anderson, Jermaine Kearse, whom they acquired in a trade in exchange for Sheldon Richardson, and TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, the former Bucs' second-rounder who turned over a new leaf after multiple substance-related  :smoking: suspensions and flourished in his fresh start.

But Anderson, the club's leading receiver last season, was the team's most dangerous playmaker. His progress is now threatened by a potential suspension. :crazy:

Dis guy even looks like a nut job!

:Photography:

« Last Edit: January 01/22/18, 05:02:55 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Patriots' Super Bowl hero Malcolm Butler benched due to weed and women

New England Patriots cornerback, and one-time Super Bowl hero, Malcolm Butler didn't play Sunday night in the team’s loss against the Philadelphia Eagles due to team violations involving women and weed, a former teammate said.

Butler, who played in nearly 98 percent of the Patriots’ defensive snaps during the season, was shockingly benched during the Patriots' Super Bowl LII loss to the Eagles for what was initially reported as a “perfect storm of issues.”

Butler's former teammate on the Patriots, Brandon Browner, took to Instagram to defend him, writing "he not the first to get caught with weed...curfew also meant we are not allowed to have guest especially women."

Can't a guy go out on a date before The Big Game?!?   :confused: :sleazy: :smoking:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:reporter; Reuben Foster arrested on domestic violence charges. :whistling:

:confused: What who me! :scratch:

San Francisco 49ers linebacker was arrested Sunday on domestic violence charges.
According to Sarah Ravani and Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle, Foster was booked Sunday at the Santa Clara County Jail and held without bail. A source said that the arrest was related to domestic violence, but there are few specifics at this point.

This is Foster’s second arrest within a month, :doah: as he was detained on Jan. 12 in Alabama and charged with second-degree marijuana possession.

Foster continues to be plagued by off-field issues. The 49ers were rewarded for taking a chance on him on the field, as he was second on the team with 72 tackles. However, they were able to land him in the first place because of character issues, including a failed drug test at the NFL Combine.

These charges, however, appear much more serious than those incidents were. :tut:
« Last Edit: February 02/11/18, 11:46:47 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Aldon Smith has warrant out for his arrest!

:bonk: ....
There is now a warrant out for the arrest of Oakland Raiders Aldon Smith, according to a report.

:popcorn: ..
Smith was named as a suspect by police in an alleged domestic  training-087 violence incident from over the weekend. Now TMZ Sports says San Francisco Police’s Special Victims Unit has obtained a warrant for the arrest of Smith. They report that the charges on the warrant will include domestic violence, assault with force likely to produce great bodily injury, false imprisonment and vandalism. :doah:

:police: ....
According to police reports from Saturday’s incident, the victim, who is said to be Smith’s fiancee, said the former NFL player bit her wrists before climbing out a window and fleeing in his vehicle. She said he had been drinking heavily. Smith shared a cryptic photo on Instagram Sunday amid reports that police were searching for him.

Smith missed the entire 2016 and 2017 seasons while serving a suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy and a number of other things. He was released by the Oakland Raiders on Monday. :violin:

I ain't done none a dat :bs: jest axe me! :banghead:

« Last Edit: March 03/06/18, 10:59:19 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:doah:  Former NBAer Glen Davis arrested in Maryland on drug charges :tut:

:coffee: .....
Glen Davis, colloquially known as "Big Baby" during his NBA career, was arrested in February at a Maryland hotel after officers recovered 126 grams of marijuana from his hotel room on Feb. 7, according to court records obtained by Brian Kuebler of ABC2 WMAR Baltimore.

:police: ...
Aberdeen police lieutenant William Reiber told Keubler officers also recovered a briefcase containing $92,164 as well as a ledger filled with language "consistent with someone involved in the sale and distribution of narcotics." :bonk:

:moon: ....
Davis was later indicted on seven counts of drug possession and distribution. He is scheduled to appear in a Maryland courtroom in April.
Davis played for the Boston Celtics, Orlando Magic, and Los Angeles Clippers over an eight-year career in the NBA. As a rookie, he was a member of the Celtics' 2007-08 championship-winning side.

:oscar:
He had recently committed to play in Season 2 of the BIG3 league. :violin: :moon:
« Last Edit: March 03/17/18, 11:59:33 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Twins shortstop Jorge Polanco suspended 80 games and postseason for violating drug policy

:coffee: .........
Jorge Polanco has been suspended 80 games after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance. :bonk: The commissioner's office announced the penalty Sunday, March 18. Polanco tested positive for Stanozolol.

:reporter;
FORT MYERS, FLA. – Jorge Polanco’s strong second half of last season was one reason why the Twins made the playoffs for the first time since 2010.

A return to the playoffs will have to be done without him — for about half of the upcoming season.  :tut: And forget about him participating if the Twins do play in October.

Polanco, 24, was suspended 80 games for violating Major League Baseball’s drug policy. He tested positive for the drug stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance. If that sounds familiar, there’s a good reason why. Righthander Ervin Santana served the same suspension for testing positive for the same substance in 2015, only a few months after he signed with the Twins as their most expensive free agent ever.

Polanco will experience the same fate. He won’t be eligible to play until June 30 against the MIGHTY! Cubs in Chicago. And he is ineligible for postseason play.

Polanco was not available for comment Sunday — he will meet with reporters Monday — but released a statement through the Major League Baseball Players Association.

“Today, I have regretfully accepted my 80-game suspension for testing positive for stanozolol,” Polanco said. “To be clear, I did not intentionally consume this steroid. I now know, however, that my intention alone is not a good enough excuse and I will pay the price for my error in judgment.”

Stanozolol became well-known during the 1988 Seoul Olympics, when Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson tested positive for it and was stripped of his medals. Santana’s positive test occurred during a period in which a handful of players were caught using stanozolol, one of 74 performance-enhancing drugs on MLB’s list of banned substances. At least two minor leaguers have tested positive for the substance since the beginning of 2018.

In his statement, Polanco argued that he was unaware :confused: of how the substance got into his system, similar to Santana’s defense.

“The substance that I requested from my athletic trainer in the Dominican Republic and consented to take was a combination of vitamin B12 and an iron supplement, something that is not unusual or illegal for professional athletes to take,” Polanco said. “Unfortunately, what I was given was not that supplement, and I take full responsibility for what is in my body.

“Every bone in my body wants to appeal this suspension but out of respect for Derek Falvey, Thad Levine, Paul Molitor, my coaches, my teammates, and the entire Twins organization, I have decided to withdraw my request to appeal and will begin serving my suspension immediately. My hope is that through this extremely disappointing situation other players will learn from my mistake.”

Polanco played a key role in the Twins postseason run last year, batting .318 with an impressive .913 on base-plus-slugging percentage over the final 54 games of the regular season. He finished the season with a .256 batting average, 13 home runs and 74 RBI. Polanco looks to be coming into his own as a player, especially as a hitter. And he is part of a group of developing Twins hitters who looked to be part of a productive offense this season.

:doah: ...
“We were disappointed to learn of the suspension of Jorge Polanco for violating Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program,” the Twins said in a released statement. “We fully support Major League Baseball’s policy and its efforts to eliminate performance enhancing substances from our game. Per the protocol outlined in the Joint Drug Program, the Minnesota Twins will not comment further on this matter.”

Polanco’s first game back would be June 30 at Wrigley Field. He will miss eight games against defending AL Central Division champion Cleveland, all six games of the season series against the Angels, four home games against the Yankees and two games against the Astros, the defending World Series champions. He will be allowed to begin a minor league assignment as he nears reinstatement.

Eduardo Escobar started at shortstop for the Twins on Sunday, going 0-for-3. He looms as a potential replacement for Polanco, as does utilityman Ehire Adrianza, who might be more suited for the position.

Top prospect Nick Gordon batted .409 in 13 games during camp. The Twins cut him Sunday despite learning of the suspension during the day, but he moves up the list of options, especially if there is an injury or if someone underperforms.

Veteran Erick Aybar also is in camp, trying to stick around as a utility player. Polanco’s suspension increases Aybar’s chances of landing on the Opening Day roster. But it’s wise to remember another reason Aybar could make the team:

The Twins await word from MLB on any possible suspension of third baseman Miguel Sano based on allegations that he assaulted local photographer Betsy Bissen following a public appearance at a memorabilia store at the Ridgedale Mall in Minnetonka in October of 2015. Bissen shared her story on social media in December, prompting the league to investigate. A decision could come before Opening Day.

So there’s a chance the Twins will be without the left side of their projected starting infield March 29 when they open the season at Baltimore while Polanco and, possibly, Sano, serve suspensions.

“I hope that those who have believed in me, those within the Twins organization, my teammates, and the fans in Minnesota and in the Dominican Republic will accept my sincere apology,” Polanco said in the statement. “I will continue to train hard every day in the hopes of being able to contribute to winning baseball games with the Twins later this year.”

Many BWCA Reports

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Enough said

“The substance that I requested from my athletic trainer in the Dominican Republic and consented to take was a combination of vitamin B12 and an iron supplement, something that is not unusual or illegal for professional athletes to take,” Polanco said. “Unfortunately, what I was given was not that supplement, and I take full responsibility for what is in my body.

:crazy:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
    Ex-MLB player Albert Belle arrested for extreme DUI, indecent exposure :doah:

:reporter; ..
3/25/18

Former MLB player Albert Belle was arrested on Sunday in Scottsdale on suspicion of DUI and indecent exposure, according to a report.

Matt Rodewald of FOX in Phoenix reported Sunday night that the former Cleveland Indians slugger was arrested for two counts of indecent exposure, one count of DUI and one count of extreme DUI. The arrest reportedly took place during a spring training game in Scottsdale.
Belle, 51, was a five-time All-Star who led the league in RBIs three times during his 12-year career. He was known for being a hot-head during his career and having a surly relationship with the media. He was once suspended for using a corked bat and having a teammate try to sneak into the umpire’s room to replace the evidence. He also had an infamous incident when he trucked Fernando Vina on the bases.
Our last post on Belle was in 2012 and noted how much weight he’d put on. That was apparent in his mug shot.

BREAKING: Albert Belle arrested in Scottsdale during a spring training game.

2 counts of indecent exposure  :moon:
1 count of DUI (using liquor, drugs or vapors)  :tequila;
1 count of Extreme DUI (BAC of .08 or more)  :drinking:

« Last Edit: March 03/26/18, 07:07:05 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
       :reporter; Former Raiders QB Todd Marinovich Arrested Again! :tut:

4/2/18

Former NFL quarterback Todd Marinovich is back in jail after being arrested in California last week, according to Orange County Jail Records. :doah:

:popcorn: ....
The records provided no account of why Marinovich had been arrested.
Marinovich, 48, was arrested on March 19 and posted bail, but picked up again on the 23rd.
He is still in custody and according to the records is slated to be released May 3.
The arrest is just latest problem for the former Los Angeles Raiders signal-caller. :doah:

In August 2016, Marinovich was charged with trespassing, and possessing methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia after authorities say a naked Marinovich tried to open the sliding glass door of an Irvine, California home. :doofus:

:imstupid: ....
Marinovich was sentenced to 90 days in jail in that case, but could avoid jail time depending on if he stayed out of trouble. :whistling:
« Last Edit: April 04/02/18, 03:52:30 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: 49ers' Reuben Foster charged with three felonies in domestic violence case. training-087

Only three felonies! :scratch:

4/12/18

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster has been charged with felony domestic violence, prosecutors announced today.

“Foster, 24, physically attacked the 28-year-old woman during a February argument at their Los Gatos home, leaving her bruised and with a ruptured ear drum,” the Santa Clara District Attorney’s office said in a statement.

So, how do ya like Foster now...... :crazy:
Prosecutors charged Foster with one felony for that violent act, another felony for forcefully attempting to prevent the victim from reporting the crime, and a third felony for possessing an assault weapon. Foster is also charged with a misdemeanor for possessing a large capacity magazine. The charges could carry up to 11 years in prison.

The 49ers drafted Foster in the first round last year despite questions about character issues :bonk: that had some teams reportedly taking him off their draft boards. Team owner Jed York was noncommittal last month about whether Foster has a future with the team. Foster will also be subject to league discipline, with the NFL conducting its own investigation that could find him in violation of the league’s personal conduct policy even if he is acquitted.
« Last Edit: April 04/12/18, 11:53:13 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah: 49ers' Reuben Foster charged with three felonies in domestic violence case. training-087

Only three felonies! :scratch:

I'm no Legal Eagle, but you'd think professional athlete types can usually plead one felony charge down to a misdemeanor if they promise to seek counseling and do public service announcements.  But if the prosecutor is charging him with three, is this a message that they want at least one of them to stick as a felony?

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Eagles release CB Daryl Worley after arrest!

4/16/18

:reporter; ....
The Eagles released cornerback Daryl Worley after he was arrested early Sunday morning, the team announced.

The cornerback was tased and arrested in Philadelphia after a dispute with authorities, NFL Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
According to the report, the incident occurred at 6 a.m. ET after Worley "became combative training-087 with police." Rapoport added that Worley was "found passed out inside a vehicle blocking a highway" and "a gun was recovered at the scene." :tut:

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo noted the incident took place near the team facility.
The Eagles released a statement later Sunday confirming they "are in the process of gathering more information about Daryl Worley's arrest this morning."

Worley, 23, was selected by the Panthers in the third round of the 2016 NFL Draft but was traded to the Eagles for wide receiver Torrey Smith last month.
A Philadelphia native, Worley recorded 63 tackles and a career-high two interceptions in 14 starts for Carolina last season. :moon:

"Stupid is as stupid does!" :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 04/16/18, 12:34:17 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Cowboys' Gregory suspended indefinitely in 4th ban from NFL

When is Enough ....Enough! :angry:

:popcorn: ......here we go again! :banghead:
Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory was suspended indefinitely Tuesday for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy, the fourth time the troubled player has been banned by the league.

:bonk: .......
The suspension comes about seven months after Gregory was reinstated by Commissioner Roger Goodell following a lengthy process aimed at reviving his career. Gregory missed 30 of the 32 games over two seasons as a result of his first three suspensions.
Gregory had his best year in 2018, posting career highs with six sacks and 14 games. He was reinstated just before the start of training camp last year and was active for the season opener.

While suspensions in the most advanced stage of the league's substance-abuse policy are at least a year, it wasn't immediately clear how long the 26-year-old Gregory's latest ban would be. :confused:

His previous suspension was a yearlong ban, and Gregory waited several months beyond that to submit his case to Goodell in hopes of improving his chances. Several teammates wrote letters supporting Gregory's bid. :lipsrsealed:

The Cowboys declined to comment on Gregory's latest suspension, and one of his representatives didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. :rolleyes:

As with the yearlong ban, Gregory won't be allowed to participate in the Cowboys' offseason program. He can only go to the team's practice facility to meet with the person in charge of his treatment. :happy1:

Gregory slid to the Cowboys late in the second round of the 2015 draft after testing positive for marijuana at the NFL combine. The former Nebraska standout was considered one of the best pass rushers in his draft, and there was promise early with a strong rookie training camp. :doah:

After vowing :bow: to owner and general manager Jerry Jones that he could control his issues with marijuana, Gregory only made it through one season. He didn't have a sack as a rookie while missing four games with an ankle injury.

The first suspension, a four-game ban, was announced in February 2016, and he was away from the team during training camp while in rehab. A 10-game suspension came seven months later. Gregory remained with the team while missing those 14 games before playing in the final two games of the 2016 season.
Gregory's yearlong suspension was announced during Dallas' two-week break between the end of the 2016 regular season and a divisional playoff loss to Green Bay. He missed all of 2017.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
NFL cornerback Adam 'Pacman' Jones in jail after arrest at an Indiana casino.

NFL cornerback Adam 'Pacman' Jones was in an Indiana jail Wednesday morning, according to jail records.

Jones, 35, was booked into the Dearborn County Law Enforcement Center at 3:10 a.m.

:police: ......
According to other media reports, Jones was arrested at Rising Sun Casino.

It is unclear why Jones was arrested, but jail records state he has an "out of county" warrant. :banghead:

Jones, who turned 35 at the end of September, signed with the Denver Broncos in late August. He became a free agent at the start of the new league year after the Cincinnati Bengals announced they declined an option in his contract for the 2018 season.

He played seven games with the Broncos before he was released in November.

Jones has spent the majority of his career in the NFL with the Bengals - from 2010 to 2017.

Jones has had a number of run-ins with law enforcement, (No Way) :rotflmao: particularly in Cincinnati. In 2017, a series of videos showed him verbally arguing with police in the streets of Downtown. In court, he was fined for obstructing official business.

This article originally appeared on Cincinnati Enquirer: NFL cornerback Adam 'Pacman' Jones in jail after arrest at an Indiana casino

(Photo by Joe Amon/The Denver Post via Getty Images) DENVER, CO - NOVEMBER 4: Adam Jones (24) of the Denver Broncos before the game against the Houston Texans The Denver Broncos hosted the Houston Texans at Broncos Stadium at Mile High in Denver, Colorado on Sunday, November 4, 2018. )

Pac Man! :rotflmao: Time ta Pac it in Man

« Last Edit: February 02/28/19, 03:30:46 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad I don't have millions.  Wouldn't know what to do with it.  Other than being a Dumbazz like these guys. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
https://sports.yahoo.com/demaryius-thomas-arrested-charged-felony-vehicular-assault-car-accident-165712173.html

looks like another one.....

"Thomas has been charged with vehicular assault, reckless driving and driving without insurance after a single-car accident on Feb. 16. The vehicular assault charge is a felony...

According to the Post’s report, Thomas was driving 70 mph in a 30 mph zone. His car struck a raised median, went airborne and rolled over according to a Denver police probable cause statement, via the Denver Post.

Thomas and a male passenger suffered minor injuries, and a female passenger suffered major injuries in the accident."

This one sure fits the thread title:  What's Wrong Wit Athletes?!? :angry:

Glad I don't have millions.  Wouldn't know what to do with it.  Other than being a Dumbazz like these guys. 

I would at least hope you would pay up on your auto insurance.    :bonk:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:popcorn:   And da beat goes on....and on....and on...and on......and on! :doah:

Alex Collins faces handgun and marijuana charges. :mooning:

Michael David Smith

4 hrs ago

Former Ravens running back Alex Collins is facing weapons and marijuana charges after an arrest in Baltimore on Friday.

Baltimore County Police announced that Collins is charged with possession with intent to distribute, possession of marijuana in excess of 10 grams, and possessing a handgun in a vehicle.

Police say they responded to a 911 call of a car crashed into a tree to find Collins sleeping at the wheel. Police say they could smell marijuana, and searched the car to find approximately 5 ounces of marijuana and a handgun. Neither Collins nor his passenger was injured.

Collins told police he also had marijuana and guns in his home, and police executed a search warrant and seized marijuana, two rifles and ammunition.

Collins was released from jail on a $7,500 bond about 15 hours after he was arrested. The Ravens waived Collins while he was still in jail.

Although Collins has shown enough promise in his three-year NFL career that some team would likely be interested in him, these charges are going to make it harder for him to catch on elsewhere. He is probably facing an NFL suspension before he plays again. :tut:

"You reap what you sow"   :afro: bro! :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/02/19, 10:47:41 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
   :doah: Ex-NFL defensive lineman Junior Siavii facing federal gun charges :tut:

Suprise..... Suprise :doofus:

:thumbs:
Curtis Crabtree
Former NFL defensive lineman Saousoalii “Junior” Siavii has been charged with federal firearms possession after an arrest Saturday in Independence, Missouri. :rolleyes:

:reporter; ....
According to KCTV 5 News, police approached Siavill after a witness identified him as the driver of a stolen 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport. Siavii allegedly disregarded commands and was tasered by officers. In trying to subdue Siavii, a handgun fell to the ground and was removed from the incident location by officials.

Siavii was tasered a second time without success :doah: before he was restrained by his neck until he briefly became unconscious. Upon regaining his consciousness, Siavii again tried to resist :angry: despite being handcuffed.

A search of Siavii’s backpack revealed ammunition, methamphetamine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia. It was the third time Siavii has been arrested in the last five months in similar events involving guns and drugs.

He has been charged with three counts of being an unlawful drug user in possession of firearms.

Siavii played parts of four seasons in the NFL with the Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas Cowboys and Seattle Seahawks. He was a second-round pick of the Chiefs in the 2004 NFL Draft.

2011 NFL RENTON, WA- CIRCA 2011: In this handout image provided by the NFL, Junior Siavii of the Seattle Seahawks poses for his NFL headshot circa 2011 in Renton, Washington. (Photo by NFL via Getty Images)

« Last Edit: August 08/28/19, 06:03:29 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :banghead: :bonk: Sounds like he needs a lot of  :help: & was freaking out from using the meth hard for a long time. :crazy: Tasered twice with little to no effect. :shocked:
« Last Edit: August 08/29/19, 07:11:01 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you think we could ignore being tasered???   NO WAY!!!   Too bad about these guys.  Even the pay for being second string is a lot of money compared to what most people are used too.  I think that is what some of these guys can't handle. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Suspended Browns RB Hunt won't be with team during ban :tut:

:happy1: .....
CLEVELAND (AP) -- Kareem Hunt will have to spend his NFL suspension isolated from his team. :moon:

The suspended Browns running back, who must serve an eight-game ban for physical altercations, will not be permitted inside the team's facility starting Saturday at 4 p.m., league spokesman Brian McCarthy said Wednesday in an email to The Associated Press.

The team had asked Commissioner Roger Goodell to allow Hunt to be around his teammates, arguing he could use the extra support. :pouty: But to this point, Hunt will not be able to interact with his teammates or staff inside the team's building in Berea, Ohio, until his punishment ends in November. :tut:

It's not impossible the league could adjust its policy and amend its stance on Hunt, who was signed as a free agent by Cleveland in March, three months after being released by the Kansas City Chiefs. But to this point, he's going to be on his own. :happy1:

:angry2:
Hunt was suspended for two violent off-field incidents, one in which he shoved and kicked a woman during a dispute in a hotel hallway. He's eligible to return to the team in November.

Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield was disappointed to learn Hunt won't be present. :embarrassed:

"It hurts him not to be around there because if you can be around your teammates, that can help you keep a positive attitude, and that definitely helps," Mayfield said. "So that's tough to hear." :bs:

The 24-year-old Hunt has been practicing and playing in preseason games, and the 2017 league rushing champion is expected to be on the field Thursday night when the Browns host the Detroit Lions in their exhibition finale.

Hunt has been attending counseling sessions and said earlier this month that if he couldn't be with his teammates he would "chill out, get good workouts and lay low."

Although Hunt will have to stay away from the Browns, wide receiver Antonio Callaway will be allowed in the facility while serving his four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. :doah:

Callaway was suspended earlier this month during training camp. He won't be eligible to return until the Oct. 7 game at San Francisco. Callaway owned up to his mistake, which followed a run of off-field issues while he was in college.

On Tuesday, Browns coach Freddie Kitchens said he hoped Callaway would be allowed to be with his teammates. :violin:

"If we were in fact able to do it, one of the good reasons will be because Antonio is recovering from an ankle injury," Kitchens said. "To make sure that he gets the proper medical care and treatment, that would benefit the person as much as anything."

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Ex-NFL player shares how many gay players he thinks are in the league. :scratch:

Former NFL offensive lineman Ryan O’Callaghan is one of very few football players who came out as gay after retiring, and he says the amount who have shared their stories is not a good representation of how many gay players there are in the league.

:popcorn: ...
O’Callaghan, who has a book coming out on Sept. 3 called ““My Life on the Line: How the NFL Damn Near Killed Me and Ended Up Saving My Life,” told the Thomas Reuters Foundation this week that gay and bisexual players who are currently playing in the NFL reach out to him regularly. He estimated that there is at least one closeted player on every NFL roster.

:tut: ....
“I can promise you there’s plenty of closeted NFL players,” O’Callaghan said. “I think it’s safe to say there’s at least one on every team who is either gay or bisexual. A lot of guys still see it as potentially having a negative impact on their career.”  :pouty:

As someone who kept his sexual orientation a secret while playing for the New England Patriots and Kansas City Chiefs from 2006-2011, O’Callaghan understands why gay players would be afraid to come out to their teammates and coaches. He said the non-guaranteed structure of NFL contracts makes it so players who aren’t straight can be discriminated against. :angry2:

“I just don’t think people understand the reality,” O’Callaghan said. “We can still get fired for being gay or denied services for being trans.” :confused:

O’Callaghan believes the only thing that will “really make a difference” is if a high-profile player who is currently playing comes out. The NFL has yet to see an openly gay player on the field. We have had superstar NFL players publicly support O’Callaghan and others for coming out, but players obviously still fear the potential backlash of coming out during their careers. :thumbs:

Photo by Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images ....

Many BWCA Reports