Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: LAKES OAHE/SHARPE SAD NEWS REPORT  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I am still not on the water but decided to update my reports page with a very sad note. Karl Palmer one of the very best guides in the Pierre area made a fatal mistake trying to retrieve his boat after it broke lose from the bank in CHANTIER CREEK on Oahe and drowned. This tragedy is felt I am sure by both his entire family and also the family of guides all up and down the river that knew Karl. My condolences to all his family. He is going to be missed and remembered by all of use who knew him. A class act and a great guide and this  is a reminder to all of us that spend are lives on the water that split second decisions can have life threating results. I have made several over the years that later I thought I got lucky on that one. If my boat went a drift like happened to Karl with the responsibility's of customers on the bank it is real possible, even in the cold water, and if I thought a quick dive would get it back I  might have done the same thing. Rest in Peace Karl and you will be remembered.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

HUTCH       
Good fishing Hutch