Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bowfin VS Snakehead  (Read 2512 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
If you are confused between a Bowfin and the invasive species Snakehead....here is a pictorial to help you determine what you got....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
If you are confused between a Bowfin and the invasive species Snakehead....here is a pictorial to help you determine what you got....
Yah their defiantly different.Today I watched a TV show with Josh UMM Josh jeeze just watched it and the last name escapes me!!! Must be gettin like Glenn an Reb,LPS an Mike!!!he was catchin snakeheads in the far east and big uns!! The dogfish when I was in texas they all told me of a MEAN NO GOOD fish called Grennel. Took me a few weeks to catch a Grennel and it was a dogfish common to northAmerica!! I believe Koreans imported the snakehead cause it had medicinal purposes  an it was a common food fish to them and they illegally stocked them in the eastern states.Google it NO MORE sankehead can be sold alive in the aisan markets

The show was monster fish with Zeb Hogan as the lead not Josh????Uffta
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah their defiantly different.Today I watched a TV show with Josh UMM Josh jeeze just watched it and the last name escapes me!!! Must be gettin like Glenn an Reb,LPS an Mike!!!he was catchin snakeheads in the far east and big uns!! The dogfish when I was in texas they all told me of a MEAN NO GOOD fish called Grennel. Took me a few weeks to catch a Grennel and it was a dogfish common to northAmerica!! I believe Koreans imported the snakehead cause it had medicinal purposes  an it was a common food fish to them and they illegally stocked them in the eastern states.Google it NO MORE sankehead can be sold alive in the aisan markets

The show was monster fish with Zeb Hogan as the lead not Josh????Uffta

Thanks but I do have think about whats going on once in awhile!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

They both drop in the trash can about the same, I would think?  :scratch:  :puke:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

They both drop in the trash can about the same, I would think?  :scratch:  :puke:

try smoking bowfin, dogfish.  you could be surprised!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

try smoking bowfin, dogfish.  you could be surprised!!
sorry never gonna be that desperate! confused-3316.gif :puke:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Quite a few Bowfin here. They must use this bay to spawn in the fall. Tough fighters, especially on ultralight gear. I just let 'em go. I'm not a big believer :scratch: in just wasting any fish.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon