Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Paint Question....  (Read 3867 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
So, I have been working on getting the porch fixed up for the boy's graduation party. (Had to replace some rotted boards)
I went to Menards to get the stain...when I got home, I checked my receipt....

What the hell is a "MN paintcare recovery fee"?
« Last Edit: May 05/28/17, 09:06:33 AM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Never heard of it before. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Gettin' BIGGER come september!!  :mad1: It's a fee that funds the recycle drop of sites to process and recycle old paint. IMO, IF you recycle old paint, THEN apply the fee...not when you buy it and intend to use it all! Assinine!  This friggin' state has more stupid taxes and fees :angry:

https://www.paintcare.org/minnesota-fee-increase/#/

I see ya bought KATSUP for those brats...is Glenn coming over?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/28/17, 09:09:08 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Well........that's bowcrap!

Nope, Mama wanted to make some meatloaf!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well........that's bowcrap!

Nope, Mama wanted to make some meatloaf!

Well, then keep a cool tool and don't let yer meatloaf..... ;)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i need to fi d a paint can dumpsite, our local landfill dont take en ive about a dozen cans in my garage that keep pissin me off
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Out front on a table with sign..."Good paint! FREE!"   :bonk:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
i need to fi d a paint can dumpsite, our local landfill dont take en ive about a dozen cans in my garage that keep pissin me off

try a recycling place that's where we can take them
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Gettin' BIGGER come september!!  :mad1: It's a fee that funds the recycle drop of sites to process and recycle old paint. IMO, IF you recycle old paint, THEN apply the fee...not when you buy it and intend to use it all! Assinine!  This friggin' state has more stupid taxes and fees :angry:

I see ya bought KATSUP for those brats...is Glenn coming over?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
wrong brand! Gotta be heinz!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Heinz is 2 bucks a bottle, and I'm just gonna burn it up under the broiler....at 88 cents a bottle for Hunt's (without preservatives) I think I'll stick with what I bought.....  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
HUNT'S is the BEST anyway!!!!!!!!! Just a few zesty fries for an afternoon snack...with Hunt's Katsup!  :happy1:   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/29/17, 04:04:18 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boar, take the lids off the cans and let them dry out.  Then you can throw them in the garbage.  Just don't let them fill with rain water.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
done that too!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Heinz is 2 bucks a bottle, and I'm just gonna burn it up under the broiler....at 88 cents a bottle for Hunt's (without preservatives) I think I'll stick with what I bought.....  :rotflmao:
well with the leftovers ya can probably get rid of it with the used paint!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe he could give his scooter a psychedelic paint job!   :rocker;
« Last Edit: October 10/27/17, 05:17:53 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
well this explains the extra I was charged for when I bought my deck stain
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just like the BS charges on an oil change..."shop disposal/hazardous waste fee". Ya, right. Used oil is NOT considered hazardous waste by the EPA. Even the asinine recyling center in this  town says oil is "hazardous waste" and charges for it. They are WRONG. Auto garages SELL their oil to refiners, fact. Just more ways to rip off the consumer.

From the EPA's own publictions on oil:

Q: Does the EPA consider used oil hazardous waste?

No.
Used oil itself is not deemed a listed hazardous waste by the EPA. It only becomes hazardous by the EPA’s standards if it is mixed with a hazardous waste, of if it displays one of the four characteristics of hazardous waste (ignitability, corrosivity, reactivity, or toxicity).

The federal government does not consider used oil that is destined for recycling a hazardous waste. There are three states, however, that have classified used oil as a hazardous waste (CA, MA, and RI). These three states require special handling for used oil.
« Last Edit: October 10/27/17, 09:17:32 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If you know of a shop that heats by burning used oil bring it there.  They should be glad to take it.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
around here we have all kinds of places where you can take your used oil for free.  you have to take the container back with you is all...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I take mine to WALMART! They gladly take it! AND the container!  Hear that, Glenn?   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/28/17, 09:48:48 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I use my used oil to assist in starting campfires. especially when the wood is wet. the site has a disposal site you can get rid of oil free of charge. they do charge 50 an oil filter though.