Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ted Capra has passed away.  (Read 1870 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Ted Capra, a member of the Minnesota Fishing Hall of Fame and founder of Capra’s Marine Electronics and Capra’s Sporting Goods in the Twin Cities, has died, according to a Facebook post Wednesday night, Aug. 2 by his son, Dean.

“With heavy hearts we are sad to announce that father, husband, grandfather, mentor, and fishing legend Ted Capra passed away today peacefully surrounded by family and friends,” Dean Capra said in the post.

With news of Ted Capra’s passing, Facebook posts from the fishing community started pouring in Thursday morning.

“Ted Capra – the Grand Old Man of Fishing and Hall of Famer has passed on. … A true sportsman and friend. He will surely be missed,” fishing legend Al Lindner posted.

Along with his business ventures, which also included the Shore Lunch fish breading brand, Ted Capra also was a successful tournament angler and especially well-known in bass-fishing circles in Minnesota and beyond.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Talked to him a few times at the store and seemed like a good guy to me.  RIP Ted.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
A true Minnesota guy. I love his Shore Lunch stuff. RIP, Ted.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
A true Minnesota guy. I love his Shore Lunch stuff. RIP, Ted.
shore lunch ain't bad, I prefer a few others first but better then some of the other CRAP out there!!;
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad news,sorry to here of the loss,only 80yrs old,he lived a full life.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I had a trolling motor at Capra's for repair, and it was right before the opener. This was 10 or 15 years ago. I was talking to the service guy about getting it fixed in time and Ted came strolling by. Very friendly and he just said, "Don't worry we'll get it fixed in time for you." And they did.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
When I fished the walleye trail, I had the pleasure of casting a line next to this man....he was one of the good ones, very genuine....he will be missed....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!