Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Happy Fathers Day  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
   Michael Bennett offers great answer for why he skips OTAs

Michael Bennett doesn't attend the Seahawks' voluntary offseason workouts, and it's not because he doesn't love football (he does) or because he doesn't care about staying in shape.
It's because he and his wife, Pele, have three daughters under the age of 9, and his life outside football is very important to him.

“I like to be a parent,” Bennett told Gregg Bell of the NewsTribune.com. “I’ve got daughters. I’m a coach. I’m a teacher at the school. I do things in the community. I try to balance my football life with my actual reality. So, to find that great balance as a human being. I think it’s important as athletes to find that."

The two-time Pro Bowl defensive end suggests other players should strive for more balance between football and their life beyond the field.

“I think a lot of times athletes have a problem when they retire because they build an identity around sports," Bennett said. "Then when the sport is gone you are lost. So along this way you’ve got to transition yourself to be able to life in civilization. So find different things you can be a part of. Find out who you are.

“That’s why I do what I do. I mean, I train harder than anyone in the NFL. So I’m not worried about being in shape or being the best player I can be. "What I am worried about is how good of a parent I can be, and how much better a husband I can be.”  :bow:

With Father's Day on Sunday, that's a message fathers everywhere can heed.

Happy Fathers Day to all and take the time to tell your dad you love him if he's still around. :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 06/18/17, 06:09:37 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Father's Day to all also. Our father is no longer around but still took time to say I love you.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep right back at ya fellas, think I'll crack a beer turn on the baseball game  and fall asleep. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey happy fathers day too to all you fellers!!!!!!!!!!! I was gonna say clowns but figured i'd be nice on fathers day!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Boy, ya sure can tell when the chatterbox gets back on the grid.... :bonk: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Boy, ya sure can tell when the chatterbox gets back on the grid.... :bonk: :rotflmao:
yep I can tell you missed me! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!