Minnesota Outdoorsman - Minnesota Fishing and Hunting Reports

Author Topic: Happy Fathers Day  (Read 130 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ! 2017 next
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Happy Fathers Day
« on: June 18, 2017, 05:48:49 AM »
   Michael Bennett offers great answer for why he skips OTAs

Michael Bennett doesn't attend the Seahawks' voluntary offseason workouts, and it's not because he doesn't love football (he does) or because he doesn't care about staying in shape.
It's because he and his wife, Pele, have three daughters under the age of 9, and his life outside football is very important to him.

I like to be a parent, Bennett told Gregg Bell of the NewsTribune.com. Ive got daughters. Im a coach. Im a teacher at the school. I do things in the community. I try to balance my football life with my actual reality. So, to find that great balance as a human being. I think its important as athletes to find that."

The two-time Pro Bowl defensive end suggests other players should strive for more balance between football and their life beyond the field.

I think a lot of times athletes have a problem when they retire because they build an identity around sports," Bennett said. "Then when the sport is gone you are lost. So along this way youve got to transition yourself to be able to life in civilization. So find different things you can be a part of. Find out who you are.

Thats why I do what I do. I mean, I train harder than anyone in the NFL. So Im not worried about being in shape or being the best player I can be. "What I am worried about is how good of a parent I can be, and how much better a husband I can be.  :bow:

With Father's Day on Sunday, that's a message fathers everywhere can heed.

Happy Fathers Day to all and take the time to tell your dad you love him if he's still around. :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:59:07 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

2012 BWCA Report
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again.

Offline Coffee118

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Re: Happy Fathers Day
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 12:34:56 PM »
Happy Father's Day to all also. Our father is no longer around but still took time to say I love you.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 02:27:22 PM »
Yep right back at ya fellas, think I'll crack a beer turn on the baseball game  and fall asleep. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 07:17:00 PM »
hey happy fathers day too to all you fellers!!!!!!!!!!! I was gonna say clowns but figured i'd be nice on fathers day!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 08:02:37 PM »
Boy, ya sure can tell when the chatterbox gets back on the grid.... :bonk: :rotflmao:
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself''   Rick Nelson/SCB

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 08:09:24 PM »
Boy, ya sure can tell when the chatterbox gets back on the grid.... :bonk: :rotflmao:
yep I can tell you missed me! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!