Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR JUNE 19TH THRU THE 22ND  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
After Dave Spaid took the Brown boys fishing on Oahe, I spent day two with them and experienced one of the toughest days I have had this year catching 7 fish all day and from what I heard it was just a real bad bite all over for a couple of days. Things started coming back yesterday so hopefully just some weather around causing this. I then went on to guide another of my favorite bunch of repeat customer's the John Hanson, Wayne and Chuck group all from around the Omaha Ne area. I have had lots of years of great times with these guys and we spent two days on Sharpe catching and releasing around 50 fish a day to put limits of nice 16 to 20 inch walleye in the boat both days. Possession limits for them to take home along with some great walleye meals while here. We fished nightcrawler/bouncer rigs in around 25 fow hitting tips of underwater ridge lines for the fish. Minnows and leeches along with pulling plugs all work so do what you do best if fishing here. Remember to take the time to be as careful as you can when releasing the under 15 inchers as the lake is full of 14 inch year class fish and you have to go thru a lot of fish to come in with quality stringers. Oahe went dead for a couple of days but for the most part is back on again and chasing bigger fish and especially the opportunity for big northern and other species along with bigger water and less boat traffic is an appealing option. Watching the weather this time of year is essential to safe trips and having lots of water, sunscreen, and insect repellant is also a real good idea. Once again I fish on a couple of great reservoirs and because of this have been able to generate a great repeat business like this group of guys. Lucky to have them for customers and friends. Fishing and weather is in a full summer mode.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch