Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Noma Lake Campgrounds  (Read 3087 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am still trying to find time to go to Noma Lake Campgrounds.  It says on the Forest Service site that the spurs are only 20' long.  I thought I had heard of people parking there with good sized campers?  There is no elec, or water which I knew.  I am wondering if there is room for our 26' travel trailer there?  Anyone have any info on this?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Well, under size restrictions Barry, (towards the bottom)  it shows "no"...meaning yours should be OK. I'd call the UFS at the number shown...

Contact Information
Chippewa National Forest Supervisor's Office:
200 Ash Avenue NW
Cass Lake, MN  56633
phone | 218.335.8600
fax | 218.335.8637

Web site: fs.usda.gov/chippewa
Twitter:  @ChippewaNF
Facebook:  ChippewaNF
Contact Us

Noma Lake Campground

Area Status: Open This area is Open

Noma Lake Campground is located two miles northwest of Wirt, Minnesota on County Road 31. This campground has 14 sites surrounded by a beautiful stand of paper birch and white pine. Noma Lake offers good fishing for bass, northern pike, and panfish. A county boat ramp is located at the south end of Noma Lake. Fishing platforms and picnic area are also available.  |  Site Map
At a Glance
Current Conditions:   No Reservations - Address: 52681 County Road 31 Wirt, MN
Fees   Use Fee $14/Night
Open Season:   5/10 - 9/28
Usage:   Light
Closest Towns:   Blackduck, Wirt
Water:   Drinking Water
Restroom:   Vault
Operated By:   Operated by the Forest Service
General Information
Directions: From Wirt, Minnnesota go north on County Road 31.
Recreation Map
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information

Satellite
100 m
Activities

Camping & Cabins
Show detail HIDE

RV Camping
Noma Lake Campground is located two miles northwest of Wirt, Minnesota on County Road 31. This campground has 14 sites surrounded by a beautiful stand of paper birch and white pine. Noma Lake offers good fishing for bass, northern pike, and panfish. A county boat ramp is located at the south end of Noma Lake. Fishing platforms and picnic are are also available.
Corrals   No
No. of Sites   14
Size Restrictions    No
No. of Accessible sites   14
Campground Camping
« Last Edit: June 06/22/17, 03:15:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good point on the size restrictions Rebs.  It is not too far from us so would be a fun 2 night trip.  Have wanted to go there for a couple of years now but just have not made it.  Too many things going on.  I am thinking in Sept when it cools down some would be a nice time to go there.  Webster Lake Campgrounds is about the same distance and looks to be the same kind of campgrounds.  No elec or hookups.  We can make it for a few days roughing it.  Kind of refreshing.  I can still take a shower if I want to since we are self contained..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hot Damn LPS................. that campground is only 15 miles north of our cabin..................and i fished that lake!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Better set out a couple extra plates for dinner, Barry!   :rotflmao:  :tongue:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a party to me.  I just emailed the forest service.  I told them I heard that Noma was gated shut the first of Sept.  I told them I couldn't believe they would gate a campground that doesn't even have any services in the first place.  Then I said I want to camp there in Sept when the bugs are thinning out some so thought Oct would be a better time to close the campgrounds.  lol  Maybe we need to do an email campaign to keep it open till Oct 15 or something like that.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Wirt....hhhmmm....why does that sound familiar  :scratch: ..... Is that where they have the wood tick races?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Wirt....hhhmmm....why does that sound familiar  :scratch: ..... Is that where they have the wood tick races?
no that's a town around Crosby-ironton. Think it's cunyon.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline hawg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Cuyuna is the woodtick race town and it a pretty good party on Woodtick Race Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMK0Gakd3C8
« Last Edit: June 06/23/17, 10:00:02 AM by hawg »
I've been your age, you never been mine!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to see ya Hawg.  Long time no see (or hear actually).