Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Out of business sale  (Read 3643 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  All 126 Gandar MTN Stores nation wide out of business sale.

Up to 50% Off :scratch:

http://link.email.gandermountain.com/YesConnect/HtmlMessagePreview?49qd3_ilaEOcGfjORx0dXIzFsStPyURdF3-WsIic02E=.enc

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/23/17, 08:28:16 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
WOW 50% off?? Now I can go there and buy things for what you'd pay every day prices most every other places!! :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
WOW 50% off?? Now I can go there and buy things for what you'd pay every day prices most every other places!! :doah:

:rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
still not going there!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Gander Closeout:  You can buy better, but you can't pay more!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Gander Closeout:  You can buy better, but you can't pay more!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
So, now let me get dis straight now. :scratch: I take it dat youz guys aren't big fans :cheerleader: of Gandar Mountain. :rotflmao:  Don't ask how I managed to figure dat out. :bonk: We ain't got no stinkin Gandar Mountain by me! :moon: On da udder hand I had stopped at one in Elclair WI. and Herman Town MN. on da way up nort. They never seemed ta have anyting I was lookin fur. :doah:  I will have to admit dat I buy a lot a stuff from Overtons catalog wen day have a sale at good prices wit free shipping at times and dats part of Gandar dough.
« Last Edit: June 06/23/17, 10:54:41 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You can't find what you are looking for because they don't sell fish!; :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
You can't find what you are looking for because they don't sell fish!; :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:sad: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:

Strange how you would happin ta know that! :scratch:
« Last Edit: June 06/23/17, 11:14:59 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They don't sell jars of "smarts", either!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Fairness in savagery...  The Gander Mountain bankruptcy went down in two parts.

"Last week, the inventory in all 160 stores was sold in a bankruptcy auction to liquidators Gordon Brothers, Hilco, Tiger Capital and Great American Group. Separately the largest U.S. recreational vehicle dealer, Camping World Holdings, purchased the Gander Mountain brand and intellectual property, including customer data."

Liquidators know exactly what to do to maximize profit in a situation like this.  They start by marking everything up to MSRP (or higher?) and then slowly roll on discounts until the inventory is gone.  Since they probably paid pennies on the dollar for the inventory and can afford to take their time offering discounts.  I'll bet they have a math formula to predict consumer behavior with past sales data to validate their model. 

In the meantime, Camping World owns "Gander Outdoors" and I don't know what they will stock the few remaining stores with after the liquidators are done.  But as the liquidation drags on and more and more people grow weary of the the "fake sales," the "Gander" brand is taking a serious hit and it has nothing to do with Camping World.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fairness in savagery...  The Gander Mountain bankruptcy went down in two parts.

"Last week, the inventory in all 160 stores was sold in a bankruptcy auction to liquidators Gordon Brothers, Hilco, Tiger Capital and Great American Group. Separately the largest U.S. recreational vehicle dealer, Camping World Holdings, purchased the Gander Mountain brand and intellectual property, including customer data."

Liquidators know exactly what to do to maximize profit in a situation like this.  They start by marking everything up to MSRP (or higher?) and then slowly roll on discounts until the inventory is gone.  Since they probably paid pennies on the dollar for the inventory and can afford to take their time offering discounts.  I'll bet they have a math formula to predict consumer behavior with past sales data to validate their model. 

In the meantime, Camping World owns "Gander Outdoors" and I don't know what they will stock the few remaining stores with after the liquidators are done.  But as the liquidation drags on and more and more people grow weary of the the "fake sales," the "Gander" brand is taking a serious hit and it has nothing to do with Camping World.

BINGO!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:sad: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:

Strange how you would happin ta know that! :scratch:
boar told me! I catch my own!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup Steve o.  Gander Outdoors is what the new stores are supposed to be called to show a little separation from Gander Mountain I read.   I have been resisting the temptation to go into the Bemidji store too.