Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Walleye foolishness  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya it is a tough situation.  A good friend of mine fished Mille Lacs a few years ago when the fish were biting like crazy.  He said there were boats everywhere and everyone was just nailing the fish and lots of big ones.  Then he said he has never seen so many dead fish floating on top of the lake.  It too was hot summer weather and the fish couldn't handle the catch and release pressure.  I just couldn't get myself to go do it as much fun as it sounded.  That is why I have said that maybe the limit has to be whatever and you keep the fish you catch regardless of size.  When you get your 2 or 3 or whatever the limit is you are done.  If you are seen releasing a fish you get busted.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: July 07/09/17, 03:06:07 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: July 07/11/17, 12:47:30 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: really?? To protect spawning walleyes!! :crazy: little late for that. To protect spawning walleyes you'd need to do that while spawning not???? And I don't have 4 years of college to figure that out!! :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Neither does Dayton, apparently!!!   :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yep, time for him to ride off into the sunset. Then get Lori Swanson in there! I'll be her DNR Right hand man!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
http://www.kaaltv.com/news/new-walleye-survey-ordered-for-mille-lacs-lake/4538957/?cat=10151

"The Star Tribune says news of the survey comes days after Dayton's fishing trip on the lake was interrupted by a flotilla of demonstrators protesting a three-week temporary ban on walleye fishing that began July 7. The state and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe said the ban was needed to protect spawning walleye. The band jointly manages the fishery."

You mean like when the fish congregate in the shallows?

Yeah, right.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And in the nets.  :rolleyes: