Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR JULY 5TH THRU THE 9TH 2017  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Fishing remains good around Pierre on both Sharpe and Oahe with plenty of limits coming in but most bags have a lot of eater size walleye. I guided Earl and Carol Hoffman from Michigan to limits of walleye fishing right around Pierre on Sharpe. We caught the walleye in under 10 fow both on flicker shad plugs and nightcrawler/spinner rigs. A great couple here for the Bee convention. Ended up with a real nice Jar of Michigan honey along with some nice memory's. Speaking of Memory's the next bunch of repeat customer from around Cario Ne. ramrodded by Bill Hegar have a lot of great ones with me over the years and continuing the tradition we caught limits both days one on Oahe and on Sharpe day two. Another of my favorite groups and fortunately we had great weather both days along with a great bite. We caught the fish on Oahe in around 10 fow or less pulling spinner/bouncer/crawler rigs and stayed with that presentation on Sharpe but fished down to 25 fow. I am real blessed to have groups of repeats like this and can certainly say I picked the right lakes to guide on years ago as the fishing we have here makes for repeat business. I could not have made a living with out these kind of groups. Then went on to do a trip with the Symyr Group for a day on Sharpe catching full limits of eater size walleye before the heat (104) set in. A nice bunch of guys from Omaha and they went home with some great eating. Lots of hot days now so plenty of water/liquids in the boat and that brings up the tip of the day that I learned from some Doctor clients of mine. I told them I get cramps at night on some of these real hot days and they recommended drinking a lot of drinks like Gator Aid or similar ones with the right stuff in them. If I do that it seems to keep the cramps away. Staying hydrated is really important in these 100 degree days and sports drinks are a real plus along with water. Heat stroke is a real dangerous condition so taking every measure to guard against it is just good sense, Bug spray and sunscreen fill out the other things to have in the boat along with a lucky penny.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch