Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA JULY 10TH THRU THE 13TH 2017  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Weather has been hot but nice making for some great days to spend time on the lakes. I guided Gary Boltz and friend fishing both on Oahe and Sharpe and catching them full possession limits of walleye plus some other species. They also had walleye meals for two nights so they took some nice meals home along with supper while here. A couple of great guys with fishing experience making my job easy. We caught the fish on Sharpe with smile blades/crawlers and also pulled flicker shad plugs in depth of 10 fow to 25 fow. On Oahe we stayed under 10 fow using crawler/smile rigs. Plenty of fish both places but size was small keeping mostly the eating size fish. They did have some fish around the 18 to 19 inch size in the bag to make over all catch's acceptable. I will mention the Governor's Cup tournament is this weekend so it will be interesting to see how the field fair's. I will post the overview on my next report. A lot of the better fishermen are fishing in this so it should say a lot about the fishery in general and I expect some good weights along with a lot of smaller fish coming to the scales. I think it will be a real hard tournament for many this year as the bigger fish are harder to come by this year. Lots of water/sports drinks in the boat is essential to a safe trip in the summer heat.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch