Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA JULY 14TH AND 15TH 2017  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Just finished guiding a real nice bunch of guys ramrodded by Tom Wilberg from Pierre his dad and uncles and friends from MN and one from Colorado for a two day fish on Sharpe. Scott Van Liere helped and we put limits of real nice walleye averaging around 17 inches. We caught most of these fish in 25 to 30 fow around sunken tree beds with both nightcrawler/bouncers and minnow/bouncers. Had a few touching 20 inches along with a lot of nice eaters. To keep that avg we probably caught 30 to 40 fish a day per boat so fishing is still great on Sharpe. I will have more to say on Oahe after the Governor's Cup this week end but I already know that some have figured out where there are some nice fish as Mike Kulm Rapid City angler and partner Butch Abelesth Rapid City SD are leading day one with 19 LBS and behind them a 17 LB stringer. Give some of these real good sticks some time to figure out were to catch some nice fish and they will. I will try to give an up dated report after the tournament is over but an over 3lb avg for the lead by Kulm/Abelesth is a great job. Plenty of hot weather around so liquids (water gator aid etc.) in the boat are essential to safe trips.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch