Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Great deal on Moultrie  (Read 2778 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw this yesterday on WC about deals on trail cameras.  I have had this Moultrie for a few years and it works great for me.  Nothing fancy but easy to run and takes good pics day and night.  I have a few where something must have ran through and it didn't pic up the pic but they all do that I think.  Just thought I would share this.  This is certified refurbished.  Done by a reputable company too.  I may get a couple of them for this price.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moultrie-A-5...kAAOSwH09ZLWXH 

Offline Glenn_S

• Outdoorsman
Just ordered a couple. I already have 2 of them, but cannot go wrong with a couple more.

:mooning:

« Last Edit: July 07/22/17, 07:30:57 PM by Glenn_S »
"I hope we have once again reminded people, that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." ~Ronald Reagan

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just ordered two of them too Glenn. 

Offline Glenn_S

• Outdoorsman
Have you seen any movement on your order? The seller hasn't accepted my payment yet, so I'm not sure if they are on vacation or ???

I'm going to send them a note...
"I hope we have once again reminded people, that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." ~Ronald Reagan

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Which seller are you looking at?  I clicked the ebay link in the OP and got a list of sellers.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
vminnovations is the seller.  From Nebraska I think.  I have the tracking info and they are sending USPS.  I checked and they have a great rating too.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mine should be here tomorrow according to the tracking info.  I will keep you informed.

Offline Glenn_S

• Outdoorsman
We will see if they respond.
« Last Edit: July 07/26/17, 08:28:24 PM by Glenn_S »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I have bought 4 or 5 cameras from them. so far so good.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Glenn_S

• Outdoorsman
So I heard from ebay and the person I tried to buy from had their selling account compromised and a scammer took it over, but not before selling 34 of the Moultrie refurbished cams. Luckily, I had a feeling that this happened when they didn't claim the money right away. I cancelled the transaction from PayPal last night, so I wasn't out anything, other than time. Others may not have been as lucky.

Glenn

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
What is the play?  The scammer takes over the website, lowers the price, and directs payments into a different account?

So what price was the scammer selling them for?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will let you know when I get home if they are there.  I paid with a Pay Pal card too.  But I got a confirmation email right away and the next morning I got the we shipped email with tracking numbers.  My fingers are crossed.  I saw this on Walleye Central, that is where I got the idea.  The guy on WC was Moultrie Guy.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just checked and I have an email saying they were delivered today.  Will verify with you guys when I get home.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
i would call that vminnovations and see what they have to say.  They had a spotless rating or I wouldn't have made this transaction. 

Offline Glenn_S

• Outdoorsman
Mine weren't from VMInnovations. They were from a seller, that after investigating, sells jewelry and beads. They haven't used their account since earlier this year.

The cameras were listed as refurbs for $20 each. What got me thinking about it was the seller was from Florida, but they were to ship Canada Parcel...

When they didn't collect the payment, I got suspicious and cancelled the order in PayPal and sent an email to the ebay fraud department. This was last night and I got the email today from ebay that it WAS fraud.

Another time of "if it seems too good to be true, it is"...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad you have exemplary detective skills Glenn.  Obviously a Union trait.  I did receive mine today.  They look like new and have the book with them and a strap and a nice Moultrie sticker also.  Very professional.  But really Glenn $20?????  Think about it.  You know Boar and Reb are going to jump all over that.

Offline Glenn_S

• Outdoorsman
Hey, I deserve crap for this one... :crazy: