Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR JULY 19TH THRU THE 23RD 2017  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I guided four fellows from Ne ramrodded by Richard Eisenhauer to possession limits of eater size walleye a few catfish and a few bass fishing on both Oahe and Sharpe. We fished with nightcrawler spinner rigs in around 20 to 30 fow both places and caught fish both places but the over all size was smaller eating size fish. I then went on to take another of my favorite repeat groups out fishing on Sharpe from Pierre down to West Bend and catching lots of fish with a few over 20 inchers along with some real big catfish. Once again we fished crawler/spinner/bouncer rigs from 10 fow down to 30 fow in different areas to catch the fish. This group from around the St Ed Nebraska area and lead by Jay Wright and Scott Rammaker have been fishing with me for years and are just a great bunch. We caught probably over 50 fish a day releasing the smallest walleye to keep them full possession limits along with walleye meals every night while they were here. The weather was hot but so was the bite so a great time was had by all including the guides. It is summer so gator aid type drinks or lots of water are a must. Plenty of fly's around so even though Bermuda shorts sound good some days long pants protect against these biters so bug spray and a pair of jeans can be useful. Leeches pulling plugs and minnows all work so on both lakes so if you have a favorite bait you can come in with fish. Size has been smaller this summer but most days some bigger fish are in the bag two. Lots of days are producing numbers of fish so even though they are smaller lots of action isn't all that bad.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch