Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wagyu or Kobe steaks  (Read 14206 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Now I read THIS:    What the hey??!?!    :doah:

https://notesofnomads.com/kobe-beef/

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
gotsta keep ya thinkink!!! :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
gotsta keep ya thinkink!!! :rotflmao:

Are you attempting to write Boaranese? No one can do it like he can.  :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I was thinking hard about how easy it is to fool the public; ie; "grass fed beef"....all cowz eat grass. Duh. So, I've decided to buy a few cattle of my own, talk Dotch into letting me keep them at Dotch's GT Farms, and making a huge profit thru clever advertising. Might look something like this:

"100% certified* Grass-fed Kobee** beef"

About our product:

Cattle are allowed to graze on the finest grasses, and only grass, supplemented by fresh Spring*** water. They then retire to their custom-made **** air-cooled***** barn, where they listen to soothing strains of Simon and Garfunkel while relaxing. This results in a delicious cut of meat, that is 100% Kobee** certified* beef. Put your order in now; we will put you on our waiting list.

Price per lb: $25, with custom cuts****** an additional 10%

A Rebco privately held company

Asterisk explanations:

Certified*  By Reb

Kobee**   All the cattle are named Kobee

Spring water***  There's a creek that runs thru the pasture

Custom-made****   Menard's pole shed

Air-cooled*****   There's a box fan in the doorway

Custom cuts******  Anything other than a lump of burger

I have tried several times to convince my buddy that farms, among other pursuits, near Zumbrota to go into the grass fed beef thing.   He refuses, since he won't eat it, says it tastes like venison.   I send him examples of the absurd prices for the meat and he still won't do it.   

And yes, grass fed beef is fed differently than regular beef.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the intended laugh/humor was just plain lost on youse guys.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 08/01/17, 01:25:14 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh...figgered dat! They be down in da big city, HD!  Around the Twin Cities/money suburbs. :azn: Here, go shoppin'!

https://onthego.kowalskis.com/#/category/meat_seafood

Personally, I'd give my left nut to get outta here and live where you guys do. I hate this spendy city and neighbors 20 ft away. You do know I live vicariously thru you guys, dontcha?  :embarrassed:

Man are they expensive. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh...figgered dat! They be down in da big city, HD!  Around the Twin Cities/money suburbs. :azn: Here, go shoppin'!

Personally, I'd give my left nut to get outta here and live where you guys do. I hate this spendy city and neighbors 20 ft away. You do know I live vicariously thru you guys, dontcha?  :embarrassed:

Man are they expensive.

Ya, cwazy spendy! Shoulda seen the other stuff in the bakery where his wife worked..*hooboy*! Lotsa TV personalities from the Twin cities shopped in there, saw lotsa the news people buying stuff like it was bargain priced. Whatever works for ya! I gotta do Wally World!  ;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That was a good read on the Kobe and Wyagu Rebs.  Did you see what I posted about Costco?  I couldn't figure out how to post the actual meat pics on here.  I read all of the ad and at one point it said the Angus beef and further down it was called Kobe or Wyagu "like" beef.  Lot's of room for interpretation there.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Man are they expensive.

. Whatever works for ya! I gotta do Wally World!  ;)
so sad! :confused: :moon:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya we hit Wally World too but get most of our meat right here in Baudette at the grocery store.  Good meat cutter there and they have some good sales a few times a year.  Then I get ribeye or NY Strip Loins.  They cut them how I like them and I vac pack them at home.  Usually around $7.99 lb.  I just call and tell him to pick out the nicest looking one for me...   It is kind of Kobe "like"   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  in an Angus sort of way.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I get all my meat at Fareway Foods, great butcher shop in there. What I don't, I get at my Mom 'n Pop butcher shop. Never could bring myself to buy meat from Wally World, other than the Tyson chicken...and branded lunch meat.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here.  I buy ribs in the brand name pkg.  I also have them slice me up some cold meat and cheese for sandwichs.  That stuff is pretty good.  They sell a lot of it so I feel it is fairly fresh.  Have bought a couple of steaks in the past and they were tough.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Man are they expensive.

. Whatever works for ya! I gotta do Wally World!  ;)
so sad! :confused: :moon:

There's that squeakin' noise again......

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They ain't my friend. Goin' round with a council member right now on some DMC crap.  So you bought another house. Humpf. You sure got took. Cracks in walls. Gaps between exterior doors. Old 40's ceilings. Wet basement with no doubt mold behind those damp stained walls. Old 70's linoleum. Updated?! Everything in that house is outdated. I'd tear it down. Must be to house the workers that are gonna raise yer Kobe cattle yer buyin' with all that money ya got.
« Last Edit: August 08/01/17, 05:44:50 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Buy a house? Not me.  It was the first cheap place I saw on the local real estate site. 

And if you really want to get out of town, DMC is your friend cuz house prices are zooming up, at least judging by the recent sales in our neighborhood.

Not sure where this fantasy about me having a lot of money comes from.  Bought the cabin 30+ years ago.  Drove a lot of junk until it fell apart. 

But whatever.  Be a curmudgeon if it floats your boat.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
30 years ago? You had extra cash to buy properties 30 years ago?  :bow:  You must be really rollin' in the dough now. Real estate appreciation values. Vacation properties.  Vehicles with plushy leather seats. West coast long trips. Pricey kitchen gadgets. Are you gonna book a trip on the Sirocco, and be on the Below Deck show next? I'd like to tag along, so I could meet Adam and Hannah....

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/02/17, 09:53:53 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Me thinks you 2 need to have a group hug!!; :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He might. I just asked a question or two after pointing out observations.  I'd still like to try a big hunk o' kobe beef, though. Seared to perfection.
« Last Edit: August 08/02/17, 10:25:36 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That does look like a cute little house for you Rebs.  Just need to build a garage for Mr. Sparkles and all of your stuff.  Put up a fence so the neighbor kids don't bug you.  Nice of Delmar to post it for you.  You could pay for that out of your petty cash.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
With the money you make selling your palace in Rochester you could buy that Kobe Rib Roast at Costco and invite us all over for Prime Prime Prime Rib.  It is 13 lbs and only costs $1,199.  Again, chump change for you.  I'll bring a salad..   :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
potato salad!!!!!! :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That does look like a cute little house for you Rebs.  Just need to build a garage for Mr. Sparkles and all of your stuff.  Put up a fence so the neighbor kids don't bug you.  Nice of Delmar to post it for you.  You could pay for that out of your petty cash.

With the money you make selling your small house in Rochester you could buy that Kobe Rib Roast at Costco and invite us all over for Prime Prime Prime Rib.  It is 13 lbs and only costs $1,199.  Again, chump change for you.  I'll bring a salad..   :sleazy:

Ya, right. That dump needs more work than it's worth. Maybe Delmar will have ya over for a boiled-in-the-bag dinner, and you two can buy some properties. He's got all that jing... Delmar Investment Properties. DIP.  I've also replaced the word "palace" in yer narrative with the proper terminology. I'm way under the median house size and price, according to CAWchester values. Maybe "bungalow" would be better......

Hmmm...I wonder if COSTCO would slice me off a steak? I'm sure no one would notice one small steak missing... :tongue:
« Last Edit: August 08/02/17, 11:30:16 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
OK, house hunters it is....

How about this....

https://bicrealty.com/listings/131702/tbd-nylund-road-cook-mn

Plenty of privacy, all the lawn you could want....  Put a nice mobile home on it, and a pole barn.   

Or maybe this....

https://bicrealty.com/listings/132578/9304-johnson-rd-cook-mn

18 acres, lawn, double garage.....

Or for a slightly more urban experience...
https://bicrealty.com/listings/132396/25-se-2nd-st-cook-mn

Heck, in a year or two you could be on the city council or maybe even be mayor! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Delbert, those are all outdated and need vast updates. Not looking for a money-pit. I'm looking for more "rustic" by a lake if I can move.  I'd actually like to find a partner to split/buy this, it's been on the market for a while, and make it a B&B. Hell, even the vintage appliances in the kitchen are worth a wad! See pics.. Whaddya say, Delmar, ya wanna turn some more jing with a nice B&B? I'd even let ya name it "Delmar's Dreamland Retreat". There could even be a Friday nite Blue plate special...4 oz.seared Kobe ribeye...I have just the hand-painted china for it to be served on.  ;)

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/114-Washburn-Ave-W-Backus-MN-56435/96985051_zpid/
« Last Edit: August 08/02/17, 12:13:26 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well with you and Del such good buddies it sounds like a no brainer that you two should buddy up. So do you have an area that you would like to move to Rebs?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He can provide the cash flow, and I'll be the hidden partner doing the management.  ;) YES! outta here!  Brainerd area would be nice...just somewhere out in a woodsy area, close to or on a lake, where I can see a sunrise and a sunset, and the sky......can't from where I live. Down in a "little valley" surrounded by huge trees and houses. Haven't seen a sunset in years. Not real picky about the area. I love Wisconsin, too. Black River Falls area.
Wish Delmar would decide if he wants that B&B or not....
« Last Edit: August 08/02/17, 12:58:42 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have been doing some looking too.  Lots of good deals around Brainerd.  Must be due to all of the lakes there that one can find a lake home affordable if you look around.  I am leaning towards Big Stone or Traverse but the wife kind of likes Brainerd.  I am ok with either if we move.  Sure like right where I am at though but a long ways from family.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There is not a lot of cattle around here therefore not much Kobe.  Would like to improve that situation.