Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wagyu or Kobe steaks  (Read 14209 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Delbert, those are all outdated and need vast updates. Not looking for a money-pit. I'm looking for more "rustic" by a lake if I can move.  I'd actually like to find a partner to split/buy this, it's been on the market for a while, and make it a B&B. Hell, even the vintage appliances in the kitchen are worth a wad! See pics.. Whaddya say, Delmar, ya wanna turn some more jing with a nice B&B? I'd even let ya name it "Delmar's Dreamland Retreat". There could even be a Friday nite Blue plate special...4 oz.seared Kobe ribeye...I have just the hand-painted china for it to be served on.  ;)

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/114-Washburn-Ave-W-Backus-MN-56435/96985051_zpid/

Heck for the 139 K you don't need outside investors.   Your house in Roch would pay for it with money left over.   

Not sure how a grumpy host would do in the b&b thing though.... :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
About as well as a know-it-all one, I would imagine. The woman that would be handling the greeting is extremely pleasant.
« Last Edit: August 08/02/17, 05:36:30 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
About as well as a know-it-all one, I would imagine. The woman that would be handling the greeting is extremely pleasant.

Recruit the NL did you?    Don't look at me.  I admit I would make a bad host.  I'll eat cheap beef before taking a job like that. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup. Ok ,now I'll have to come up with another name....and find another investor. Hmmmm...union guys got lotsa jing and connections...:evil:
« Last Edit: August 08/02/17, 07:04:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm late on this.  Was up in Duluth with my wife and grandson fishing.  Even if I won the powerball I would not buy this.  Look, it's  great beef.  My son-in law has eaten this because his company pay's for it at times for his clients.  He told me it's very tender and has no complaints of course.  If you have the cash, go for it because you can't go wrong.  I'm just old school and am fine with choice angus myself.  A lot of this is how you grill the beef [or cook it in a different manner].  You could still screw it up if you partake in some adult beverages and not pay attention while it's cooking LOL.  Great beef for sure though.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was hoping you would get in on this RH.  Ya what a shame having a great time having a few too many and over cook THE STEAK.   That would be a bad deal. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup. Ok ,now I'll have to come up with another name....and find another investor. Hmmmm...union guys got lotsa jing and connections...:evil:
How about the "Jimmy Hoffa Drop Inn"?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm leaning toward's "Reb's Stick It Inn""... ;)
« Last Edit: August 08/03/17, 07:13:07 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
?????????????

what the NL???????????????????? :tut: :tut: :sleazy: :smoking:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No, the new hostess, Roxanne!!   :hubba:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/04/17, 10:04:34 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer such a delbert.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just don't turn on your red light....

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
[/quot

That is the best thing you have ever posted....   Hi Roxy...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Roxy would be glad to take yer reservations, Barry! Service with a smile at Reb's B &B !  :evil:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
[/quot

That is the best thing you have ever posted....   Hi Roxy...

Better than my cuke's and sauce??!   :cry:   :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Too tough of a question this early in the day. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I will be grilling a non-kobe 14oz chuckeye this evening.....may even post a pic!!  :shocked:
« Last Edit: August 08/05/17, 10:54:41 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We stopped at the Farmers Market and got some fresh veggies.  I am going to grill a regular ol Angus Ribeye tonight.  Good enough for me. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what I grilled last night, rib eye, some leftovers tonight!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tongue:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A bunch of us guys used to have a fishing tourney on the Missouri near Chamberlain every year.  I would have this mom and pop grocery store in Stillwater where I lived cut me 2 27 oz Porterhouses.  1 for me and 1 for my fishing partner.  We would cook them on a campfire and have potatoes a veggie and lots of cocktails.  We always ate the whole thing in one meal.  Now when I cook a 1 1/4" thick ribeye for the wife and I to split we sometimes have a small piece leftover for the next day.  lol 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked at those Upnorth properties Rebs.  Fun to shop around.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My buddy and I used to go to this small town restaurant on Fridays, after lotsa cocktails, that had an all-you-can-eat steak fry. (try to find one of those NOW) Served very good strip steaks. We were told after steak #7 (true) that we were cut off, that's it. He raised hell, but we manged to get outta there without further probs. The steak I had last nite had me about ready to pop.... :tongue:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Such a deal

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
When you think about it, $30 is the going price for a NY Strip steak at a restaurant - where some places serve better beef than others, but nothing like this.

I'd love to take a crack at cooking that steak at home for that price.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
When you think about it, $30 is the going price for a NY Strip steak at a restaurant - where some places serve better beef than others, but nothing like this.

Send Del $30 quick before it gets boiled in a bag.  :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Send Del $30 quick before it gets boiled in a bag.  :rotflmao:

not mine.  Got the picture off a sous vide group on facebook, and yes the guy "boiled it in a bag".  After all, it's the best way to cook a steak like that.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is? Says who? Not according to one who knows that meat..

Joe Lazzara, owner of Joe's Butcher Shop in Carmel, Ind., carries both the Japanese and American varities, and a Kobe steak costs about $110 per pound, while a similar cut of American Kobe goes for about half that.
For Lazzara, selling Kobe beef is a mark of prestige. "Carrying Kobe says we're the kind of purveyor who knows about meat; it gives us credibility. We're extremely knowledgeable about Kobe beef, just imagine everything else we must know."
And once a customer's purchased a prime cut, how should he cook it? "Carefully," Lazzara advises. "Sear it at a high temperature, then finish it on low heat. The fat melts and coats the meat with flavor as you cook it."   
« Last Edit: August 08/10/17, 06:43:22 PM by Rebel SS »