Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wagyu or Kobe steaks  (Read 14154 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Would love to sear one of those babies. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Sous vide is consistent and accurate low heat.   So he just said to sous vide.  Only sear at the end instead of the beginning.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
No he didn't. Yer goin 'backwards. Souse vide AFTER searing? Ya, that makes sense. You'll end up eating lukewarm meat instead of a sizzlin' steak. Some folks know how to cook a steak perfect every time without screwin' with it for half an hour. Why you'd want to jack around with all that stuff instead of going  from grill to plate is beyond me.
« Last Edit: August 08/10/17, 07:57:48 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Boys.... Boys!! :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: can't believe a thread about way over priced hunk of meat is in it's 4th page! :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm just trying to eddycate Delmar so he won't spend half the dinner hour fudging up a good steak in a bag!   :azn: Now, why don't YOU go can some of yer GREEN BEANS? Get 'em all soused up and tender!  :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Meat Glenn, it's all about meat.   :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm just trying to eddycate Delmar so he won't spend half the dinner hour fudging up a good steak in a bag!   :azn: Now, why don't YOU go can some of yer GREEN BEANS? Get 'em all soused up and tender!  :rotflmao:

Your guy said to sear and then cook slow.  Sous vide method is to cook slow to desired doneness, then sear at the end.  I guess my wording was clumsy. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But Delmar, that's how I do my steak on the grill!!!! Notice the nicely seared outside, and the perfectly juicy inside!  Perfection every time!!!!  :tongue:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/11/17, 01:33:33 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Meat Glenn, it's all about meat.   :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: OK i get it!!!!!!! think Del and Reb need a group hug and cook out there differences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I ain't got no differences! Del is just resistant to the proper cooking methodology of a steak! Oh, say Glenn:   :mooning:
« Last Edit: August 08/11/17, 02:58:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I ain't got no differences! Del is just resistant to the proper cooking methodology of a steak! Oh, say Glenn:   :mooning:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: tsk....tsk..........tsk.............happy friday buddy!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :dancinred: :dancinred: :snow5: :party3:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You too, Queenie!  :shocked:     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

The methodology is the same.  Only difference is you have to time everything perfectly.  I can sit around and not worry.   Sear at last minute when I am good and ready. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh, Mr. At Leisure. Isn't that a union thing?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/12/17, 09:50:30 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh, Mr. At Leisure. Isn't that a union thing?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Nope it is a work hard for 50 or 60 years and then relax thing.   I don't do the split second thing anymore if I can help it.   Miss by a minute or two and your expensive meat is overdone. 

And with sous vide I can make it exactly how I want it, without concern about how hot the fire is or timing to the second.   That is one reason fine restaurants use it.   

Go ahead with the little bit of properly cooked meat surrounded by a layer of gray overcooked dried out meat, if that's what you like. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't. Never had dried out overcooked meat before. I've always known how to grill a steak properly. Hmmmm...The SCA does theirs the same way I do mine, and recommends 128-130* at pull off.  Seems I mentioned earlier I pull mine at 130*. 

https://youtu.be/OwNSAr7lJow
« Last Edit: August 08/12/17, 04:56:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
SCA?   Society for Creative Anachronism?