Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnesota Viking Updates  (Read 54610 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Injured Treadwell sits out practice following Monday fight training-087

:doah: "Stupid is as stupid does" :moon:

8/3/17

:coffee: .....
MANKATO, Minn. — Vikings wide receiver Laquon Treadwell sat out practice Wednesday, Aug. 3, after apparently being hurt during a Monday practice fight with safety Antone Exum. :bonk:

The two players exchanged shoves and punches and wrestled on the ground after Treadwell beat Exum for a touchdown pass and threw his arms up in celebration. :banghead:

Head coach Mike Zimmer said he doesn't know how long Treadwell will be out. :angry2:

"You never want to get hurt in practice, especially doing something like that,'' said Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph. "It's hard enough to stay healthy in this game as it is. You kind of tell people all the time, 100 percent you're going to get hurt in football. ... If you can avoid the silly (injuries), then you can avoid kind of the ones you really don't have to deal with.''

Treadwell, who took Tuesday off from training camp with the rest of the team, declined to comment on the injury Wednesday.

"Ask the coaches," he said. "I have to go to treatment." :embarrassed:

Asked if Treadwell was hurt in the skirmish, Zimmer said, "I don't know.'' :scratch:

Also sitting out Wednesday were tackle Riley Reiff (back), linebacker Kentrell Brothers (hamstring) and cornerback Tre Roberson (undisclosed), and running back Jerick McKinnon (leg) was limited.

Zimmer expects Reiff, who was hurt in last Thursday's first camp practice with veterans, will be back in a few days.

Hunter to start?

It seems inevitable that Danielle Hunter will replace Brian Robison as a starting defensive end, but Zimmer isn't ready yet to say that will happen.

"We'll continue to look at it,'' Zimmer said. "We haven't made any decisions. B-Rob's going to play and Danielle's going to play.''

Hunter led the Vikings with 12 1/2 sacks last season while not starting a game. Robison, a starter since 2011, has been realistic since the end of last season about the possibly he could be replaced.

"(Hunter's) out there with the first team right now, he's doing at lot of good things for them,'' Robison said. "At the end of the day, it's about making sure we're the best football team we can be. It's not about me, it's not about Danielle, it's about the Minnesota Vikings as a whole.''

Minnesota's first depth chart is expected to be released early next week.

Diggs more confident

Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs felt pretty good about his abilities in his first two seasons. Now, Zimmer says that's even more the case.
« Last Edit: August 08/03/17, 02:47:04 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking forward to the season.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Treadwell, who took Tuesday off from training camp with the rest of the team, declined to comment on the injury Wednesday.
"Ask the coaches," he said. "I have to go to treatment." :embarrassed:

Asked if Treadwell was hurt in the skirmish, Zimmer said, "I don't know.'' :scratch:

Treadwell... What a head case!  I'll bet his "treatment" is more like detention for being stupid.

Ex-players say that stuff happens all the time in training camp.  But I'll bet it happen a lot more in the past than it does now.  Most of the coaches and players are smart enough to remember there is so much money at stake that you can't afford to get hurt doing something dumb.

Remember Toby Gerhart's rookie training camp?  The veterans welcomed him to the NFL by pounding the snot out of him.  I remember Payton Manning saying that same year that the Colts didn't haze rookies.  He said they needed those guys to come up to speed quick, stay healthy, and be ready to help the team win.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The way I heard it on KFAN is that Exum was defending him and Treadwell made the nice catch and was celebrating some and Exum started pushing and throwing punches but most were not connecting.  Treadwell threw a few punches back and a couple of his connected.  The KFAN guys suspect Treadwell may have hurt his hand doing it.  ?????

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Dalvin Cook, running back, Minnesota Vikings :bow:

Adrian Peterson who? :scratch: That might be the sentiment around the Vikings camp with this rookie turning heads in grand fashion. Cook also benefits in absorbing more attention with fellow running back Latavius Murray sidelined on the PUP list. The Vikings’ 2017 second-round pick “gets it” according to comments veteran players are making about Cook, per Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer. It might not take much for Cook to oust Murray out of the starting job in the upcoming weeks.

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Minnesota Vikings: Danielle Hunter, defensive end :bow:

Nice Review :happy1:

Whew. Here’s a dude that put up 12.5 sacks as a 21-year-old sophomore last season with the Vikings. He did so in a part-time role with Brian Robison taking on a full-time role. That’s no longer going to be the case in 2017. Minnesota has finally bitten the bullet and expects Hunter to play a whole lot more in his third season. If that’s the case, this absolutely freakish former Tennessee standout could end up becoming one of the most dominant defenders in the game this year.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 Teddy Bridgewater advocating trade to the Dolphins? :scratch:

8/5/17

:reporter; ......
In this new Internet world, no actiton from a celebrity will go unnoticed. Whether we believe Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater is actually a celebrity remains to be seen. But within the confines of the Twin Cities, he surely is.

So when Bridgewater liked a tweet sent out by former Vikings cornerback Demarcus VanDyke late Thursday night, we surely had to pay attention. The tweet in and of itself advocated for Minnesota to send Bridgewater to the Miami Dolphins. :moon:

While Teddy has since “unliked” the tweet, AJ Mansour over at KFAN in Minnesota has photo evidence.

Why is this a big deal? Is it a big deal? Are we making something out of absolutely nothing? :confused:

There’s a few things to look at here. First off, the Dolphins could very well be without starting quarterback Ryan Tannehill for the entire 2017 season after he injured his knee on Thursday … :doah: hours before Bridgewater liked the aforementioned tweet. And while Miami has been primarily linked to Jay Cutler, there are other opportunities out there for the team.  :scratch:

Secondly, Bridgewater is seemingly stuck in a backup role behind Sam Bradford in Minnesota. The former Louisville standout injured his knee in an ugly-looking incident last summer and has yet to return to the field.

There could be some frustration over Minnesota moving on from Bridgewater, but he’s surely not ready to return to the field right now. That could potentially limit Miami’s short-term interest in Bridgewater.

Finally, Bridgewater is a native of South Beach and played football at Miami Northwestern High School. It would surely be a homecoming of sorts for him. :cheerleader:

Yeah, it’s all fun and games on the Internet until the Internet itself makes a big ado about nothing (ourselves included). No matter how unrealistic it seems, it’s still a fun scenario to look at. :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08/06/17, 06:30:25 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now isn't that interesting.  Let the games begin.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
First pre-season game this Thursday at 6pm.  I'll be watching for sure.  Getting pumped for the season.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
For all you Bilgewater fans.....

1 AUG 10 6:00PMCDT  AT   BILLS GAME DAY
2 AUG 18 9:00PMCDT  AT   SEAHAWKS GAME DAY
3 AUG 27 7:00PMCDT '    49ERS GAME DAY
4 AUG 31 7:00PMCDT    DOLPHINS GAME DAY
REGULAR
1 SEP 11 6:10PMCDT +    SAINTS GAME DAY
2 SEP 17 12:00PMCDT )  AT   STEELERS GAME DAY
3 SEP 24 12:00PMCDT )    BUCCANEERS GAME DAY
4 OCT 1 12:00PMCDT )    LIONS GAME DAY
5 OCT 9 7:30PMCDT +  AT   BEARS GAME DAY
6 OCT 15 12:00PMCDT )    PACKERS GAME DAY
7 OCT 22 12:00PMCDT *    RAVENS GAME DAY
8 OCT 29 08:30AMCDT ,  AT   BROWNS GAME DAY
9 BYE
10 NOV 12 12:00PMCST )  AT   REDSKINS GAME DAY
11 NOV 19 12:00PMCST )    RAMS GAME DAY
12 NOV 23 11:30AMCST )  AT   LIONS GAME DAY
13 DEC 3 12:00PMCST )  AT   FALCONS GAME DAY
14 DEC 10 12:00PMCST *  AT   PANTHERS GAME DAY
15 DEC 17 12:00PMCST *    BENGALS GAME DAY
16 DEC 23 7:30PMCST '  AT   PACKERS GAME DAY
17 DEC 31 12:00PMCST )    BEARS GAME
« Last Edit: August 08/08/17, 03:23:59 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
First pre-season game this Thursday at 6pm.  I'll be watching for sure.  Getting pumped for the season.  good luck.

Me too RH, I won't miss one of them.  Even preseason.  Curious to see Heineke.  Hope he does well.  I love this time of year coming up....  Gonna be fun to see Dalvin Cook too. 

Offline savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks for posting the schedule.  I've looked it over 3 times and can't find a loss on it :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for posting the schedule.  I've looked it over 3 times and can't find a loss on it :happy1:

Ya musta missed September 24th.    ;)
« Last Edit: August 08/09/17, 09:19:51 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
i still do not see Sept 3rd on the schedule you posted????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :moon: :moon:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't either!!!   :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good thing for modify!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Shut last nites game off after an hour...wasn't a bit impressed with anyone, including the idjit announcers. "Quigley makes great punt"...no, that wasn't Quigley...."Quigley's punt was great"...that was NOT Quigley! It was Symmank!! Finally corrected it twenty minutes later.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya it was sort of tough to stay with it.  I have always hoped Heineke comes around.  He is very athletic and supposedly has a Favre type of approach whatever that means.  He looked pretty rusty last night.  Keenan looked pretty good as he played for awhile.  The Oline sucked right away but I thought once Keenan got in there they got a little better.  The D got better as the game went on. SO it sounds like you missed the best part Rebs...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  They talked to Zim at half time and he said something like "no they look real bad, they need to do what we taught them to do.  :rotflmao: So I enjoyed it BUT I am very biased and will admit it. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had the feeling this was the talk in the huddle: "everyone go out, and try to get open"... ;)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Vikings sign running back Bronson Hill over David Cobb

8/12/17 update:

The Vikings signed running back Bronson Hill on Saturday to replace the injured Bishop Sankey.

Hill had worked out along with former University of Minnesota star David Cobb, and the Vikings went with Hill.

Former University of Minnesota running back David Cobb, right, talks with Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer, left, during Minnesota pro day in Minneapolis, Monday, March 2, 2015. (AP Photo/Ann Heisenfelt)
Hill replaces on the roster Sankey, who was waived with an injury designation after suffering a season-ending knee injury in Thursday’s 17-10 win at Buffalo in the preseason opener. Sankey, who suffered a torn right ACL, will go on injured reserve after he clears waivers.

Hill was undrafted in 2015 out of Eastern Michigan and has had NFL stints with Buffalo, Chicago, Miami, New Orleans, Cincinnati and Jacksonville. He got his only NFL regular-season action in the 2016 finale for the Jaguars, carrying two times for 11 yards.

Hill took to the field Saturday for his first practice with the Vikings.

:coffee: ...
“We just met him when he came out there,” said Minnesota running back Jerick McKinnon. “So it’s a new guy. He’ll have a lot to learn. The running backs, we welcomed him with open arms.”

The Vikings were thin Thursday at running back with Sankey hurt and Latavius Murray and Jerick McKinnon sitting out. Murray on Saturday had his third practice since returning last Monday from ankle surgery, but didn’t do any team drills.

McKinnon, who was resting a right leg injury that wasn’t fully healed, was a full participant Saturday. He said he’s “feeling good,” but doesn’t now if he’ll play Friday at Seattle in the second preseason game.

The Vikings signed running back Bronson Hill on Saturday, Aug. 12, 2017, to replace the injured Bishop Sankey. (Courtesy of the Minnesota Vikings)

:Photography:

« Last Edit: August 08/13/17, 08:38:10 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 Injuries strike Vikings offensive line again :doah:

Aug 15, 2017 at 8:05 p.m.

:coffee: ...
Minnesota Vikings offensive guard Alex Boone (75) against the Buffalo Bills at New Era Field in Orchard Park, N.Y. on Aug. 10, 2017. Timothy T. Ludwig / USA TODAY SportsMINNEAPOLIS — The left side of the Vikings' offensive line is down another man. :banghead:

Left guard Alex Boone did not practice Tuesday, Aug. 15 for the second straight workout after missing Sunday's practice. :sad: His left knee was wrapped in a bandage when he left after stretching.

With Boone out, Nick Easton and Pat Elflein both saw time at left guard. Easton and Elflein also both got work at center, where they are battling for the starting job.

Left tackle Riley Reiff continued working his way back into the first team after missing 11 days because of a back injury. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, receiver Laquon Treadwell practiced for the first time since injuring his hamstring July 31. He was limited but managed to get in a few team snaps.

"I'm not fully back yet but I was able to get a few reps in; that's always good," said Treadwell, who was having a solid camp entering his pivotal second season before getting hurt.

He hopes to be healthy enough to travel with the Vikings to Seattle for Friday night's second preseason, game against the Seahawks. :confused:

"It felt good to be back on the field competing," he said. "It could be worse. A lot of guys are going through things worse than a hamstring."

Cornerback Trae Waynes did not practice again because of a shoulder injury he suffered in last week's 17-10 victory at Buffalo. :doah:

Safety Andrew Sendejo (undisclosed injury) also was sidelined while defensive end Everson Griffen was absent. :mad1:

Zimmer being cautious

:coffee: ......
Injuries are the preseason boogeyman for every NFL head coach as he considers how much to play his regulars in meaningless exhibitions against preparing them for the rigors of the 16-game regular season.

The Los Angeles Chargers already have lost three starters and their two top rookies, including leading tackler Denzel Perryman, the play-calling linebacker who was carted off the field Sunday night with an ankle injury in their new home stadium.

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer is weighing several factors for Minnesota's second preseason game Friday in Seattle. Facing one of the NFL's toughest defenses in a notoriously raucous stadium presents a unique opportunity to challenge more inexperienced players trying to earn a roster spot.

"We may," he said before practice Tuesday. "I haven't told the coaches what I'm going to do for the game. I do think it's going to give us a chance to evaluate a lot of guys. You can see them against better players. So we might get some of the younger guys in there a little bit earlier. We still have to continue to get ready for the regular season."

Zimmer certainly wants to see more out of his first-team offense, which sputtered in the first quarter of last week's 17-10 victory at Buffalo.
"I'd like to see them do better. I feel like we've got to develop a rhythm here and get going from there," he said.

Starters typically play until halftime of the second preseason game and a series or two into the third quarter of the third preseason game.

But the boogeyman lingers for coaches who risk too much in the name of preparation.

"Honestly, I'm really weighing that a lot," Zimmer said about limiting his starters' playing time. "My concern is how much do we weigh the guys I really know and I've got a pretty good idea if they can play if I'm (just) playing them to play? And the backfire to that is really are they going to be in shape for Sept. 11? That's something I'm contemplating right now."

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for posting these detailed updates Lee.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn, I am the eternal optimist with the Vikes but this O line thing is killing us.  Is it a ploy to make other teams think we are in trouble but we are really going to kick a_s?  I sure hope so. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  :reporter; ...... Hey MR. T,

What do you think of a guy dat bets da Vikes ta beat "DA Bears"  :scratch:

Hey Jack!  Do you really tink "DA BEARS" will kick da vikes  :moon:

click on Jack for da answer  :happy1:

« Last Edit: August 08/18/17, 01:07:55 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  :reporter;  More Vikes' updates .....

DE Everson Griffen missed practice Tuesday, but returned Wednesday and participated. He could be rested Friday night. The Vikings know what they have in Griffen. The Pro Bowler is in peak condition and looks as fast as ever. He had a sack in the preseason opener at Buffalo.

WR Laquon Treadwell returned to practice after missing several days and the preseason opener because of a hamstring injury. He should be able to play Friday at Seattle. Last year's first-round draft pick needs to start proving he can stay healthy enough to contribute. Injuries played a big role in him having only one catch as a rookie.

SS Andrew Sendejo missed practice this week and will not play at Seattle. With Sendejo out, the team has been taking rotating looks at injury-prone Antone Exum Jr., second-year pro Jayron Kearse and third-year pro Anthony Harris. Kearse is big and powerful, but still raw. Harris, who went undrafted out of Virginia, has become a leader on special teams. Exum missed all of last season because of an injury.

CB Trae Waynes, who injured his shoulder on the first play of the preseason opener at Buffalo, did not practice this week and will not play at Seattle. Waynes has been groomed to take over the starting left corner job this season. With him out, the Vikings have turned back to longtime veteran Terence Newman. Newman played well last season, but the team is trying to limit his reps as he gets set to turn 39 on Sept. 4.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  :reporter;    NFL: Vikings sign former Gophers QB Leidner

By The Sports Exchange  Today at 5:30 a.m. 

The Minnesota Vikings signed former University of Minnesota quarterback Mitch Leidner on Sunday.

The 6-foot-3, 228-pound Leidner joins the Vikings as the team's fifth quarterback after not being selected in this year's draft. He attended the Baltimore Ravens' rookie minicamp but did not sign with the team. :scratch:

:popcorn: .....
Leidner, 23, completed his collegiate career at Minnesota ranked second in passing attempts (1,029) and completions (580), ranked third in passing yards (7,287) and fifth in passing touchdowns (36).

Quarterbacks Sam Bradford, Case Keenum and Taylor Heinicke played against the Seahawks on Friday night. Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater remains on the physically unable to perform list after dislocating his left knee and tearing the ACL at the outset of training camp in 2016.

After the 20-13 loss against the Seahawks on Friday night, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer was asked about the play of backup quarterbacks Keenum and Heinicke.

"We'll have to continue to look," Zimmer said. "I don't think anything is decided yet. :scratch: We've still got some more time to figure it out." :confused:

Keenum was 12 of 18 for 70 yards and Heinicke was 6 of 9 for 84 yards with one touchdown and an interception against the Seahawks.

The Vikings have two more preseason games against the San Francisco 49ers on Aug. 27 and Miami Dolphins on Aug. 31

Leidner joins two fellow Golden Gophers, wide receiver Isaac Fruechte and cornerback Marcus Sherels, on the Vikings' roster. :happy1:

Minnesota waived linebacker Darnell Sankey  :cry: to create room for Leidner on the roster.
« Last Edit: August 08/23/17, 07:28:30 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea like he's got a chance to make the roster as a QB. HE'D be way better of switching position.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!