Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnesota Viking Updates  (Read 54593 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glenn wouldn't admit that's what happened when he and the Boober family came down last Winter.  He was so glad to get a barometer, and me my fish, and smomed boober goodies, we just couldn't help it. :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Lee's only friends as rumor has it are his night crawlers he steals from government property!!!!!!!!! :tut: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Glenn wouldn't admit that's what happened when he and the Boober family came down last Winter.  He was so glad to get a barometer, and me my fish, and smomed boober goodies, we just couldn't help it. :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Lee's only friends as rumor has it are his night crawlers he steals from government property!!!!!!!!! :tut: :rotflmao:

Ya mean to say he yanks his worm on da gubmint land??!?!?! :shocked: Ruh roh!  :police:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :reporter; Adrian Peterson learning what he should have known:

Saints don't care about his feelings! :moon:

It wasn't a homecoming. It was humiliation. :pouty:

:popcorn: .....
So much so that Adrian Peterson should give serious consideration to immediate retirement.  :surrender:

:doah: .....
Peterson not only failed to log extensive snaps against his former team in his Saints debut. He was forced to watch Dalvin Cook, a younger, cheaper and, at this point, better version of himself, break his Vikings rushing record for a rookie debut (127 yards) during Monday night’s 29-19 loss.
That onto itself was brutal. But there’s more. ......

MORE: Saints-Vikings highlights, stats

The only guy who had a worse Monday night on the sideline was Sergio Dipp. Peterson's frustration at not playing more became the game’s big story when ESPN cameras captured him giving Saints coach Sean Payton a death stare late in the first half.

Not that it matters to Payton one iota, as Peterson will soon learn. More on that later.

Peterson and Payton tried to deny :tut: that there was even an issue during their postgame news conferences, which came across with the same legitimacy as answers at a White House press briefing.

"There's no conflict,” :taz: said Peterson, :banghead: who also took to Twitter trying to downplay the matter. "Let's not try to spin it like there is." :bs:

Even if we indulge Peterson and say there isn’t, there soon will be if he doesn't understand what life will be like in New Orleans.

:popcorn:
The greatest athletes are also filled with great confidence. Peterson's domination through his first seven NFL seasons led him to believe anything was possible — including having a legitimate shot at Emmitt Smith’s all-time rushing record — and his ego was bloated accordingly.

That dream started becoming unrealistic a few years ago, when Peterson missed almost the entire 2014 campaign because of a domestic-abuse situation involving his son. Peterson rebounded with 1,485 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns in 2015 but then missed all but three games last season with a knee injury.

At the same time, Peterson's presence in Minnesota was placing unspoken pressure on the team's offensive coordinators to make him the main focus of the attack even though doing so limited the overall unit. That approach would have worked well in a bygone era, but not in today’s league, in which the emphasis is on throwing, and the best running backs — Zeke Elliott, Le’Veon Bell and Devonta Freeman among them — are dual threats as rushers and receivers.

The Vikings could still enjoy offensive success during Peterson's heyday with a ground-and-pound mantra that worked around his deficiencies in the passing game, and because Peterson simply was that good. The philosophy was no longer feasible as Peterson grew older and began showing wear and tear.

The fact Peterson still believed he was the same caliber runner and all that goes with that mindset contributed to Minnesota releasing him this offseason without even trying to restructure his bloated contract. The Vikings simply didn't need the headache he could become if not fed the football enough.

:coffee: ........
The immediate lack of free-agent interest should have further given the 32-year-old a reality check. It didn't. All the things Peterson said after signing with the Saints about being a team player and willing to work in a rotation of running backs were rendered hot air with Monday night's sideline behavior.

Peterson also learned Payton doesn't care about his feelings, :moon: which he should have known before coming to the Big Easy. :bonk:

IYER: Biggest Week 1 overreactions

It's no secret that Payton believes almost every skill-position spot on his team is interchangeable besides quarterback Drew Brees. Consider some of the talent Payton has traded away during his 12 seasons as Saints coach: Brandin Cooks, Jimmy Graham, Darren Sproles, Kenny Stills — and his offense keeps ticking.

:pouty: .....
Pouting won't do Peterson any good, either. He can ask Mark Ingram, whose bumpy relationship with Payton led to ex-Saints running back Tim Hightower being given goal-line carries in 2016, per a source.

Peterson didn't even get that opportunity against Minnesota despite his hard-charging style being well-suited for short-yardage situations. Ingram and rookie Alvin Kamara were the only ones who carried on two drives inside the Vikings' 4-yard line. New Orleans was forced to settle for field goals on both possessions, as neither back could make headway, further adding to Peterson’s consternation.

There’s no guarantee Payton will handle things differently when a similar situation arises during the season. Peterson, too, showed little to indicate he deserved expanded snaps over Ingram and Kamara. After a 9-yard carry to open the game, Peterson gained 9 yards on his other five attempts.

It would behoove Payton and Peterson to meet and discuss whether the latter's limited role will continue and, if so, whether he can deal with it. Being a distraction does no good for either party or the team.

Payton clearly has an idea in mind for Peterson. Otherwise, Peterson wouldn't have remained on the Week 1 roster, which guaranteed his $1 million base salary.

Peterson's action may increase if the Saints get a lead or face an opponent that struggles to stop the run. Maybe it will take an injury to Ingram or Kamara for that to happen. Maybe Peterson becomes midseason trade bait for a team in need of running back help.

Or maybe the player nicknamed “All Day" decides to call it a day and begin the countdown to his eventual Pro Football Hall of Fame induction. The thought should at least cross his mind after Monday night's embarrassment. :embarrassed:
« Last Edit: September 09/14/17, 02:42:55 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:reporter;  Vikings QB Sam Bradford limited in practice due to knee.

9/13/17

:confused: ....
Here’s what could be a sobering reality for the Minnesota Vikings and quarterback Sam Bradford. Just a couple days removed from putting up the best performance of his career, Bradford was limited in practice Wednesday with what is being reported to be a knee injury.  :scratch:

“Bradford was limited in practice on Wednesday with a knee injury,” Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reported. “It’s hard at this point to reach any conclusions regarding whether Bradford will or won’t play when the Vikings travel to Pittsburgh on Sunday.”

Well, that’s just not good news for the upstart Vikings. :bonk:

:dancinred: .....
Bradford completed 27-of-32 passes for 346 yards with three touchdowns and zero interceptions in a 29-19 season-opening win over New Orleans on Monday.

It’s obviously too early to tell the extent of the injury. But considering Bradford was limited and didn’t miss practice altogether, it’s probably not a serious injury.

Either way, this is something to keep an eye on throughout the remainder of the week.

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee, :tut: :tut: don't bait coffee like that!! :sleazy: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :scratch: dang nabit Lee your slackin  :angry2: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Sam Bradford was named NFL player of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :blues brothers: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :party3: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Vikings Promote QB to Active Roster With Sam Bradford Questionable

:reporter; ....
26 mins ago

:scratch: ....
Just one day ago, there were some concer​ns that popped up over the state of Minnesota Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford's surgically repaired knee.

:confused: ....
There was some worry about his left knee, which has suffered a torn ACL twice, which left him with a questionable designation for Week 2. However, Bradford is still expected to suit up after an MRI revealed that there was no structural damage.

The question mark on his status is still as big as ever. ?? :scratch:

Quarterback Kyle Sloter has been promoted from the practice squad to the active roster, as Bradford's knee appears to leave his availability in question. :scratch:

:coffee: .....
​​With quarterback Case Keenum slotted as the primary backup to Bradford, 23-year-old Sloter, who only played one full season as a senior at Northern Colorado will be making a big jump to potentially fill the role of Keenum's backup.

Vikings promoted QB Kyle Sloter to active roster from practice squad. Sam Bradford remains questionable.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/16/17, 03:30:46 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :scratch: dang nabit Lee your slackin  :angry2: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Sam Bradford was named NFL player of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :blues brothers: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :party3: :rotflmao:

Will Sam Bradford be able to play in Minnesota’s Week 2 game at Pittsburgh on Sunday? They may not know until just before the game.

:sorry: Glenn .....Butt :moon: You'll yust have ta wait en see! You just might want ta watch "DA Bears" :blues brothers: game instead :happy1:
« Last Edit: September 09/17/17, 07:07:24 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well: Looks like it's back to reality for da Vikes fans! :popcorn:  As for "Da Bears" fans we never even got off da ground! :banghead:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lee, :tut: :tut: don't bait coffee like that!! :sleazy: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

PITTSBURGH — Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford was inactive Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers because of a knee injury and backup Case Keenum got the start.

Bradford, limited in practice all week because of pain, discomfort and swelling in his surgically repaired left knee, tested his knee during warmups at Heinz Field, however it was ruled he would not go.

So! now smarty pants :moon: What were you saying about my false claims about Bradford not being able to play. :scratch:

:reporter; Glenn....Glenn :confused: Has anyone seen Glenn....HEY Glenn! :scratch:

« Last Edit: September 09/18/17, 06:53:29 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He's off the grid for a bit. Union stuff going on in Grand Rapids today, I think. Pretty sure he'll get back to you when he returns to civilization. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: Seen Bradford loosening up before the game yday on 1 of the pregame shows & it didn't look good. He couldn't put any weight on the bad leg & looked to be hurtin. An early report this am said they're not sure he wil evenl be able to play this weekend :sad:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WHAT?????????? no comments, insults from coffee??????? Hmmm!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
OK sir to pay up on our wager, here is what I have to offer.
garlic dill pickles
HOT garlic dill pickles
sauerkraut
salsa
soup mix
stewed tomatoes................let me know what you'd like.

on a side note iffin idda know Bradford wasn't playin idda wagered like a nickel!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, my Bucs did some serious trouncing......  :whistling:   Go Bucs!!!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: September 09/18/17, 09:47:05 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, my Bucs did some serous trouncing......  :whistling:   Go Bucs!!!  :happy1:
:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, my Bucs did some serous trouncing......  :whistling:   Go Bucs!!!  :happy1:
:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Whoops.... :bow:      OK....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
WHAT?????????? no comments, insults from coffee??????? Hmmm!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
OK sir to pay up on our wager, here is what I have to offer.
garlic dill pickles
HOT garlic dill pickles
sauerkraut
salsa
soup mix
stewed tomatoes................let me know what you'd like.

on a side note iffin idda know Bradford wasn't playin idda wagered like a nickel!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

No, no comments this time. I'll even keep the comments to a minimum next week when we put a beat down on lee's little cubs I mean da bears since I gave it to the both of you during hockey season. I am somewhat of a nice guy sometimes. I think some good homemade  salsa sounds good to me. Thanks  :happy1:
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK DOKEY...... I gotz a full plate this week but i'll try and get it out ASAP!!!!! momma has hip replacement surgery tomorrow..........on my b-day no less!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: no b-day present for me!! :doah: :censored: :cry: :cry:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy bday tomorrow and hope all goes well with the misses. No hurry take care of momma first. Thanks
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, my Bucs did some serious trouncing......  :whistling:   Go Bucs!!!  :happy1:

You don't get it bro! :bonk: Da Bears :blues brothers: are jockeying for position dat - ull bring dem a first round draft choice.  :moon:   :reporter; NOW!   "no I'm sayin ma brotha" OR do you want me to splain it in a-nudder way :doah:
« Last Edit: September 09/18/17, 11:36:41 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nuttin' to get and no 'splainin' needed, 'brozinski...my Bucs (since 1999)  did sum trouncing! *Echo**echo**echo*   :happy1:  ;) 
« Last Edit: September 09/18/17, 11:45:11 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
OK DOKEY...... I gotz a full plate this week but i'll try and get it out ASAP!!!!! momma has hip replacement surgery tomorrow..........on my b-day no less!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: no b-day present for me!! :doah: :censored: :cry: :cry:

best of luck to your wife, suck it up on your birthday!!!  no, really happy birthday!! :happy1:

over in St. cloud for her surgery??
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

best of luck to your wife, suck it up on your birthday!!!  no, really happy birthday!! :happy1:

over in St. cloud for her surgery??
yep st cloud hospital.........she'll be the bionic woman....both knees and both hips!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW!!!! don't let her kick you when she gets better!!!

you taking care of her the next few days???? 

or you got relatives there?  anyway good luck!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Tell the missus good luck, Glenn!!! Hope all goes well!  And Happy Birthday, ya old phart!!! The Dancing Dollies are scheduled to arrive at yer house at 1:00 PM tomorrow........ :dancinred: :happybounce:  :party3:
« Last Edit: September 09/18/17, 07:17:43 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

we shall see how it goes. I can work from home too!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

we shall see how it goes. I can work from home too!

been there done that too..   here's to ya :toast:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
oh yea!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :dancinred: :Clap: :happybounce:

Just bring some chips!! We'll get the rest of the stuff out of the 'fridge while Glenn's at the hospital!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to your wife and you Glenn. And Happy Bday!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :offtopic: See if'n I can't get  this going in the right direction again. ;) :smiley: Today's report says that Bradford is day to day, so we'll see if he plays this weekend. Hope so, Detroit looked pretty good beatin up on ol' Eli. Hope the surgery goes well,57
« Last Edit: September 09/19/17, 08:01:18 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon