Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnesota Viking Updates  (Read 54590 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
We are 8-2 and looking great!!!  What a great game by the Vikings.  Both offense and defense put it together yesterday.  Missed two field goals though even though he is rated the no. 2 kicker in the league.  Can't have that in tight games, but  it was 28-7 so those misses didn't hurt the team.  Holding the Colt's to 7 points after they averaged 30 points per game is quite an achievment.  Now to destroy Detroit and kick them out of the play off picture on Thursday.  good luck.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry RH but it was the Rams they played & it ended up 24-7. :scratch: ;) :smiley: Your spot on about the kicker though, I think that's why they had him kick the last FG so he'd make 1 & have some confidence in case they need him on Thursday. I hope they play like they did Sunday against the Lions. Seems like that has been a tough game for us the last few years as Stafford always has a good game against the Vikes.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

Vikings move up to # 4 in Power Rankings :cheerleader:

Here's one of the weirdest notes of the 2017 season -- Minnesota hasn't lost since RB Dalvin Cook's season-ending knee injury.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/21/17, 04:04:41 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Any one else notice how MN has sabotaged the Seattle team..... they have Blair Walsh and have lost their last two games. :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, did you hear his excuse? He said that he was so worried about kicking it straight that he didn't kick it hard enough. :scratch: :bs: I loved it as I don't like Pete Carroll anyway. :happy1: What was that fake FG garbage at the end of 1st half? :confused: If they'd kicked that 1 they wouldn't have needed the 1 at the end, they deserved to lose. Can't help but like watching Wilson play though :bow:, he just about pulled it out for them.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
        Bing Predicts: NFL Week 12

Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions
> Bing Predicts winner: Minnesota (60%)
> Kickoff time: 12:30 PM EDT (Thursday)
> Game spread: Pick ’em
> Matchup history: Vikings lead 71-39-2

:coffee: ......
No pressure or anything, but the NFC North title is on the line. Looks like a little Motor City Madness is set to get the holiday festivities started. The Vikings (8-2) have been playing well, winning six straight, and have a two-game lead in the division race. It explains why they’re favored. Case Keenum is the quarterback who has a job until he starts losing. Again, no pressure, with a healthy Teddy Bridgewater waiting to get the call.

:popcorn:  .......
The Lions (6-4) haven’t won pretty but they are on a three-game win streak. They have trouble running the ball they can’t stop the run some weeks — they’ve given up 423 rushing yards in the last two games combined, and those were wins over the dismal Browns and the faltering Bears. Yikes. Here are the twists in this early Thanksgiving Day entree: The Lions won 14-7 when they first met the Vikings on Oct. 1; Detroit hasn’t lost a game in November since 2015; and coach Jim Caldwell is 3-0 on Thanksgiving in Detroit.

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya Gunner I must of had a senior moment by posting the Colt's LOL.  Ya Lee, You never know game by game.  We beat the Lions and we will be in great shape to win the division.  Should be a good game.  good luck.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Minnesota Vikings: Can Case Keenum pilot Minnesota to Super Bowl contention?

News Brief:

:reporter; ......
This feels like the question heading into every Vikings game. So far, Keenum has given us a resounding yes. He’s far from perfect — just look at his two picks against Washington for a reminder — but Keenum has shattered every expectation we could have had. It certainly helps that he has a better-than-expected offensive line and two of the best receivers in the game. But right now, it looks like he’s someone Minnesota can win with. All he has to do is sustain this level of play from here on out.
« Last Edit: November 11/24/17, 11:06:29 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, it's a no brainer to keep him as a starter.  Both Keenum and Teddy are up for free agents at the end of the season.  Let's say Keenum takes up way up in the playoffs or even the S. Bowl.  Now do the Vikings give him a big contract and keep him and trade Teddy?  Or do they say thanks for everything but Teddy is our starter?   :confused:  good luck.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Keenum looks like the steal of the year to me, for the $2 mil they signed him for. :happy1: Even if they don't resign him he'll be makin a lot more than that next year & I'll bet there's more than 1 team willin to give him a shot at the startin job.
« Last Edit: November 11/26/17, 10:45:30 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings are 10-2 and not much talk here at all.  We are among the best in the league people.  Didn't watch the game because I was muzzy hunting and my wife texted me that they won.  Awesome!!!!  Skol.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Vikings are 10-2 and not much talk here at all.  We are among the best in the league people.  Didn't watch the game because I was muzzy hunting and my wife texted me that they won.  Awesome!!!!  Skol.  good luck.
reiny.....i've noticed for a while already the fellers on this site arent exactly the most sports orientated group!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Maybe we're busy working or something, Mr Howard Cosell!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yeah matt lauer, maybe were busy working...
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My Dad calls me the Eternal Optimist of the Vikings.   :rotflmao:  If there is a mathematical chance, I think we can make it.  Man are we looking good. I really don't like to talk about it much cuz I am a little superstitious and don't want to jinx them.  I became a fan in 1968 I believe it was.  My buddy and I were in 8th grade.  We would talk our mothers into dropping us off on a gravel road along the Rock River.  We would camp for 2 or 3 days.  Cooked pancakes and all kinds of stuff.  Loved Dinty Moore beef stew.  No way can kids do that now.  Well back to the Vikes.  He brought a small transistor radio that we thought was just awesome.  We could get Sioux Falls TV on the radio and a Vikes game was on.  They were playing the Colts and I think the Vikes won but am not sure.  That was my first Vikes game.  Gradually I got hooked. I did not watch the second half of some of the games when Leslie Frazer was coach cuz I was so frustrated and mad.....  Otherwise it is a top priority to my wife and I to watch the game.  We both put on our Vikes shirts and hats.  We even make a point of leaving relatives houses early enough to make it home for the game.  lolol   This sure seems like it is lining up to be a special year.  Heck it already is a special year.  We now are tied with Philly and we are on top in the tiebreaker with them.  SO if we can keep up this pace we will have home field for all playoff games.  That would be awesome and I can't even believe how cool that would be.  OK I will shut up now.  Can't wait to play Fig Newton.  I hope we sack the heck out of him.  He is a pussy.   
« Last Edit: December 12/04/17, 04:31:52 PM by LPS »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I watched the very first game when Tark took over and won!! Always had the home team hopes.Purple people eaters lost interest after sooooo many close superbowls an play offs.This team has something different to me and hopfully the FINALLY do it!!
The Vikings have won one NFL Championship, in 1969, before the league's merger with the American Football League (AFL). Since the league merger in 1970, they have qualified for the playoffs 26 times, third-most in the league. The team has played in Super Bowls IV, VIII, IX, and XI, though failing to win any of them. OH MY OH MY!!!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool story there, Barry!  :cheesy:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yes it is awesome to wathc,  loved it when varve took em to the championship game, love it whe we had 3 deep threats, Carter moss and rice, I think culpepper was qb. now wer have this team, and I credit Zimmerman for whats happening and everyone is brging to belive. so fun to wathc, I really thoguth they wer gona go down againt atlant but I still bet on them.SKOL!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yeah matt lauer, maybe were busy working...
working........i'm shocked you can spell it much less know what it means!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oh and I haven't been outet yet!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

oh reb.......................... :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I am kinda like LPS. Don't want to talk about it and jinx them. But I love watching the Vikes. Things are looking good right now and I hope then can stay ahead of philly now. Home field all the way baby!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: Purple and gold, until I am dead and cold. SKOL Vikes!!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't wait to play Fig Newton.  I hope we sack the heck out of him.  He is a pussy.

Tell us how you really feel.

Offline IA_Guy

• Outdoorsman
Not gonna be a real popular opinion here I reckon, but here's how I see this season playing out. Keep in mind I am a huge vikings fan so it pains me to say this.

Green Bay wins out, slips into the playoffs as a wild card. Rodgers lights it up like the world has never seen, and then they play us in the post season and he gets the revenge beating of all time against the Vikes and sends us packing. Then the packers advance to the super bowl where they win it in our house, insult to injury.

Rodgers transcends stats, logic, probabilities, etc. He truly is the magic man. You are always, ALWAYS in the game with Rodgers. Down by 30 at halftime? No problem. Down by 10 with 2 minutes left? Again, no problem.

IMO Rodgers is like the ax murderer from the teen horror movies. You can hit him with your car, you can drown him in a lake, you can speed away from him on a lonely road. But as the camera pans down you can see his fingers twitch and he is stil just a tiny bit alive, and he can still hurt you very badly.

I really hate the Bears and Bucs this year because if they coulda done their dang jobs and won a game they should've the GB post season talk isnt even possible and they would only have 4 wins. They'd be basement dwellers with Chicago.

Sucks too that while we did win, we have handed losses to Atlanta, LA, and Nawlins. Every loss for those teams means a little better chance for GB. Also GB has to root for us to beat Carolina for the same reason. Rams, Falcons, Saints, Panthers, and Seahawks need to win out for me to sleep at night otherwise mark my words Pack is in the playoffs.

I have a $100 bet with a buddy they will make it. I have a $50 on top of that they win the super bowl. I figure if they win the blow is softened because I make money. If they lose, well, I'm happy to pay $150 to keep the Pack out of the post season. Money well spent IMO.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that you Aikman???

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, THAT game sucked!!!! AND we got robbed Thielen's touchdown to boot!!!  :angry2:

I hope someone throws fig newton in a mud puddle!!!!  training-087

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12/10/17, 03:45:09 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to win but they almost pulled it out, goes to show you how important a o line is!
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: December 12/11/17, 03:05:06 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The defense had a tough game with the 2 face mask penalties on 1 score for Carolina & then the 3 big plays that led to at least 2, maybe 3 others for them. Things really turned IMO though when the Ia boy, LT Riley Reiff, got hurt early in the 2nd half & they were all over Keenum. A couple drops really hurt the offense too. Just glad we got out of there without Keenum getting hurt. Maybe they'll help us next week & beat the cheesheads. Hope they can get the O line back healthy, Remmers has been out for a few games but they really missed the rookie at center & Reiff yday
« Last Edit: December 12/11/17, 08:10:25 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
We play the Bengals at home next Sunday and then the cheeseheads and the last game are the powerhouse Bears.  Thielen got robbed on his TD for sure.  Those two facemask penalty's didn't help.  No excuse for those at all.  Love the way we came back though.  We didn't give up unlike some of the Viking teams we had under different coaches.  No reason to panic as I see on some Facebook media.  Eagles lost also along with their great QB.  That kid is going to be a great one [he already has a great start].  He has a knee injury that may end his season.  SKOL!!!!  good luck.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Thielen got robbed on his TD for sure.

Can't stand the NFL catch rule.  If you have control of the ball with 2 feet in bounds, that should be enough.  Just like with a TD, you only have to break the plane with the ball.  In is in.  Since they shade the rules to the offense so much anyway, why not make the catch definition just as liberal.

Those two facemask penalty's didn't help.  No excuse for those at all. 

The face mask penalties looked to me to be pretty incidental.  In each case the fingers simply raked across the face because of the relative motions of the two players.  Yes the players did grab the mask, but when you are trying to tackle, that happens.  I thought it was just bad luck in a couple of plays in succession.  I'm sure Zim will hold those guys accountable, because that is what he does, but they weren't "stupid" penalties by the players.  (Late hits and humping the goal post are stupid penalties.)

Eagles lost also along with their great QB.

The Eagles won the game, but might have lost their QB.  This may save our playoff run (if we get one), but if we end up losing Reiff (and I don't know that we will) it might be a wash.  We will need to win more games if we hope to have home ice advantage in the playoffs.  This is not the year for the Vikes to back their way into the playoffs.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!