Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Kayaks  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife and I are really leaning towards getting a couple kayaks for cruising around with plus doing some casting out of. I havnt been in one in years, but is there certain ones to look for? length , style or are they hard to fish out of. I've seen pics with Hd in one...you think you could cast spinner baits for awhile or would it suck!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I cast for Pike out of mine all the time. We got the the viper's from Menards, and really like them. If you don't want to license them, they have to be under 10 feet long. These are over....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I like my canoe better than my kayak.  Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I'll end up doing Hd,  casting nortens.  Great point dakids,  the problem I might have with a kayak  to get to this nortens filled slough is about 75 yards of a real narrow path,  not sure I can use the paddle as a push pole to get through????

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Our yaks float in less water than our canoe.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I spose one could grab the reeds on each side and pull your way through .

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Lotsa folk use them down here in our creeks, streams, and backwaters for trout fishing. Really popular. Fleet Farm has some nice ones my buddies have used. More mobile and easier to use than a canoe. Used to do a lot of canoeing, and it can be a pain at times.
« Last Edit: August 08/21/17, 08:19:13 AM by Rebel SS »