Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Thunder Lake (Remer)  (Read 3217 times)

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Wondering if anyone on here has fished this lake before and has anything they would like to share? We will be heading there first week of Oct and mainly targeting small mouth and Walleye. Walleye numbers look good from prev DNR surveys but there is nothing recent on their web site. Small mouth bass seem to be pretty good as well.  Any tips and advice would be appreciated.
Other wise, I'm sure we can figure something out. One thing I love is the challenge of fishing a new lake and trying to figure out the hot ticket. But a little pre planning and info never hurts!!   
Where did I catch all these fish you ask??? right in the lip....

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I drive by it every time I go to the cabin.   Never fished it  but always wanted to.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Wondering if anyone on here has fished this lake before and has anything they would like to share? We will be heading there first week of Oct and mainly targeting small mouth and Walleye. Walleye numbers look good from prev DNR surveys but there is nothing recent on their web site. Small mouth bass seem to be pretty good as well.  Any tips and advice would be appreciated.
Other wise, I'm sure we can figure something out. One thing I love is the challenge of fishing a new lake and trying to figure out the hot ticket. But a little pre planning and info never hurts!!
Little sugar Bush is way better! :mooning: :rotflmao: like dakids drive by it all the time to. My wife had cousins that had a place there, nice walleye if you can find them, about all I know of the lake.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline hawg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thunder is close to my hunting camp by Emily, it's a drop dead gorgeous lake. It's also one of the hardest lakes I've ever fished, it's extremely clear water. Our fishing league had our small year end tournament (only about 8-10 boats) there about this time last fall and didn't do very well. It has a reputation in the area as a super tough lake to fish because of abuse quite a few years ago. The smallies are coming back but the walleyes are few.
I've been your age, you never been mine!

Offline pickelfarmer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks for the info hawg.. Looking at everything I can find on line and it looks like it will be a challenge. But I like that. I love fishing a new lake and trying to figure it out.. Hope we do well but from everything I've seen, it is a picture perfect lake (Even without fish) so we should have a good time either way.
Where did I catch all these fish you ask??? right in the lip....