Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Da game won't be no Brees  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  Against Brees, Vikings defense can establish themselves right away.

:coffee: ......
Under Mike Zimmer, the Minnesota Vikings have grown into one of the league’s best defenses, ranking fifth and sixth in points against in the last two seasons.

:happy1: ...
With most of the same players in place, the Vikings have aspirations to be the league’s best defense. They couldn’t ask for a tougher opponent to prove their prowess against than New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees.

:reporter; Da coach Speaks:

“He’s awful good, he’s really good,”
Zimmer said Thursday. “Extremely accurate, he’s got an unbelievable arm too. One of the things that sets him apart is that he’s so quick getting rid of the football. Knowing where to go with the different spots. He really is a Hall of Fame kind of quarterback, one of the best in the NFL and one of the best that’s ever played.”

:mad1: ....... :doah:
Brees has led the NFL in passing yards in five of the last six seasons and showed no signs of slowing down at age 37, racking up 5,208 to top the league last year. It has been 10 years since Brees last threw fewer than 30 touchdowns and he’s No. 1 all-time in completion percentage.

:bow:
But Zimmer has had a tendency over his career to slow down some of the best QBs. To open the 2016 season, the Vikings beat Marcus Mariota, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton and Eli Manning. Zimmer’s team finished fourth in the NFL in passer rating against last season and second in Yards Per Attempt against.

The Vikings’ head coach said that beating a QB of Brees’s caliber isn’t as simple as throwing new looks at him.

:scratch: ....
“He’s really hard to fool,” Zimmer said. “He’s seen so many different things, he’s a great competitor, part of it is just doing what we do. Will we change up some? Sure. So will they.”

Pressuring Brees will be key – as for any top-notch quarterback. The Saints will be starting a rookie left tackle against Everson Griffen, which should be a big advantage for the Vikings. :happy1:

“If you don’t make him pull the ball down, he’s going to get it out and he’s not going to get sacked,” Zimmer said.

Brees and Zimmer have faced off just once some the long-time defensive coordinator took over as head coach of the Vikings. That was back in 2014 before the Vikings’ defense was rebuilt under Zimmer. Brees threw for 293 yards, two touchdowns and completed 77% of his passes in a 20-9 win over the Vikings. :embarrassed:

This time around, a strong performance against the future Hall of Fame quarterback would quickly establish the Vikings’ defense as one of the league’s toughest. training-087
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
ole Dalvin is gonna "COOK" da aintz defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i predict a 27-20 vikings victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are a good man Glenn.  Keep the faith.  I just took a shower and put my Vikes shirt on.  Getting ready for the big game.  I hope we can pull it off.  I like your score, I will go 23-21.  Dalvin for 120 yards from runs and passing. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow was that a Brees....... For the vikes!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: bet the bears are looking for a place to hibernate!! :rotflmao: not sure if Bradford keeps playing like that Bridgewater gets his starting job back.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice start to open the season. Some very good O line play makes a passing game and a running game. This may be an interesting year. I think Lee will be a full blown Viking fan by mid week :sleazy:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't look into the light!

Remember 5-0 last year?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
BAH.......that was last year!!!!!!!!!! that Cook looked pretty impressive last nite!!!!!!

WHERE'S our friend LEE???????????????????????????? :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
next up trumps curtain.er i mean the steelers!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

WHERE'S our friend LEE???????????????????????????? :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm right here Mr. Glennski :coffee: ! I musta fell asleep. Who won da Game last night :scratch:

:taz: Adrian Peterson yelling at Sean Payton on the sideline during Monday Night Football :angry2:

:taz: .....
Adrian Peterson said he wanted to stick it to his former team. It's really difficult to do that if he doesn't see the field. ESPN cameras caught Peterson barking at new head coach Sean Payton. He's obviously frustrated because his team is losing, :banghead: he's not getting carries, and his return isn't happening the way he wanted to.  :cry:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ol' Gruden sure had a lot of nice things to say about Bradford. :happy1: He was right as there was 3, maybe 4 passes in the 1st half that should've been caught but weren't, so he could've completed almost all of his throws before 1/2 time. I like what I saw from the O line & the rookie back also, hope they can stay healthy. Even the few changes to the D they made, looked good to me. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We saw Peterson talk to Peyton too.  Peyton turned around and looked at him and AP shut right up.  He needs to realize he is just another player now.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No surprise what the play was when he was in the game either. :tut: I see a lot of teams puttin 8 in the box when AP is in there
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/12/17, 11:19:20 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports