Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The latest craze on probiotics?  (Read 12027 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Don't you have some silly meeting to attend or something??!! :angry:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I got your burro right here.....

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Ok....back on topic..... I take a probiotic twice a day, one with breakfast and one with dinner.....

Thought maybe the original post might be better.

Taking probiotics helps with gut discomfort.

I have tried a natural drink cocktail, that was nasty to drink.

So far the one I have been using, works best. But I'm always looking for a better alternative.

What kind of probiotic did you try with your kid ThunderLund78?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just thought I'd throw something out there .....are you sure that you're not "allergic" to dairy stuff first?
« Last Edit: September 09/25/17, 04:34:28 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Did all the scratch tests Reb....dust, ragweed and mold, yes.... dairy, no.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Lactose intolerance is not an allergy.  It is that you are missing an enzyme to digest lactose, the sugar in milk.   So it goes on down the system and the bacteria in your colon take care of it, while causing gas and other distress.   

Try some "lactaid" or lay off milk/cheese/ice cream etc to see if it makes a difference.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know that, Del...just didn't word it right I guess.  :rolleyes: But I'll agree on laying off the dairy stuff and see what happens...that seems to cause lotsa probs with folks, and it's (easier) to figure out by laying off dairy for a bit.

Maybe give this a look see.....I had to do this...

http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptom-checker/abdominal-pain-adult/related-factors/itt-20009075
« Last Edit: September 09/25/17, 04:57:08 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I guess..... I ingest very little dairy.... cheese, yes...milk, not so much anymore.
That was the first thing the doctor asked me to look at...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sorry Glenn, but the 🍺 is probably the reason for the discomfort.....but, that's always the first thing the doctor looks at...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Get a new Doctor.....    :rotflmao:   Just kidding HD.  Man I sure hope you can get this figured out. Does not sound like fun at all.  Don't forget the gluten thing.  Some theories now are that the Roundup ready wheat may be the culprit that is making Celiac disease the new fad thing.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Get a new Doctor.....    :rotflmao:   Just kidding HD.  Man I sure hope you can get this figured out. Does not sound like fun at all.  Don't forget the gluten thing.  Some theories now are that the Roundup ready wheat may be the culprit that is making Celiac disease the new fad thing.

Lots of difference between celiac and "wheat belly" or the trendy types.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya it is a big fad and most don't need it.  BUT a bad deal if you really have the Celiac Disease.  Serious stuff.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Howz the tummy, HD? Any updates?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
A little better, kinda comes and goes. Different probiotics seem to be helping.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hate to suggest this, but have you had a colonoscopy to check it out?   Brother in law has diverticulitis, and that can act like that.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup Del....had that one....they said...."see you at 65, you checked out great"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hate to suggest this, but have you had a colonoscopy to check it out?   Brother in law has diverticulitis, and that can act like that.

I'm sorry, but on this site it's known as a Kaepernoscopy.   ;)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup Del....had that one....they said...."see you at 65, you checked out great"

Good news, if they didn't find anything that would cause it.   
I just read up on IBS.   Sounds like a tough thing to have, and not much to help.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You aren't drinking Old Mil are you???  That is a definite side effect..    :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You aren't drinking Old Mil are you???  That is a definite side effect..    :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Old Swillhaukee!!! AKA "old swill" to us years ago... :tongue:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Long story short.... I have IBS.... Plus I threw my back out, again... which made the pain worse in the front because the mussels were working hard to support the back problem....Doah! (Head spinning)

Anyway.... I went in yesterday to the chiropractor and got adjusted. Feels better so far....then today I get a picture of something that just happened today, right in front of the place I was yesterday...the chiropractor.....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh man...sorry to hear that, HD. hopefully ya can come up with a treatment plan. They have anything in mind?
Watch that back, nothin' to mess with! Mines totally destroyed...I wouldn't wish this on anyone.   :undecided:
On another note, how do all these cars end upside down?!! Seems like at least one of those every couple  weeks here, and they always end up like a turtle!  :shocked: :scratch:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
The probiotics help, just have to start documenting what irritates it, and adjust my diet.

That picture was sent to me by a friend of mine in the sheriff's department. The car blew the 4 way stop, swerving to avoid another car and over compensated, and flipped over.

The strange thing is that I was literally parked in that spot yesterday, at the exact time this happened.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hope you can figure it out HD, does not sound good at all..  good thing you were a day late...

hang strong friend!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
the mussels were working hard to support the back problem....Doah! (Head spinning)

You got shellfish on your back?  No wonder it hurts.  Try a little white wine and garlic.     

:rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the mussels were working hard to support the back problem....Doah! (Head spinning)

You got shellfish on your back?  No wonder it hurts.  Try a little white wine and garlic.     

love the support...........

my wife busted her back up and after 3 surgeries she hurt like h--- for ever. 

don't see any thing funny at alllll......

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

love the support...........

my wife busted her back up and after 3 surgeries she hurt like h--- for ever. 

don't see any thing funny at alllll......

A mussel is a clam like shellfish, often steamed with wine and garlic.  A muscle is a part of your body that helps you move.  Boarnese is funny no matter who is using it,