Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE SHARPE PIERRE AREA SEPT 28TH THRU OCT 2ND 2017  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I spent the last week fishing down on Sharpe fishing nightcrawler/bouncer rigs in around 10 fow out to 17 fow. We caught limits of fish most days but had a few days that were not as good. Some due to wind/weather but over all the bite remains about the same with fish biting when the weather /current are favorable. I guided Rev Tom Christopherson and his two boys along with friend to full limits day one but struggled some in a lot of wind on Sharpe and also Oahe. Then took Jed and Mary Piles from Malcom Ne Out on Sharpe for full limits and possession limits along with a big meal of walleye while here. These two are long time repeat customers and just as fun to guide and fish with as any repeats I have. We have had many great trips over the years and I always look forward to spending time with them. Oahe is spotty and I think for any fall bite to start we need some colder nights to get the water temps down and center the fish in more consistent depths. Fall is here so be prepared for weather to be a factor in all fishing trips. Warm clothing is starting to be an essential part of trips.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch