Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: farm raised pork.!  (Read 4401 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 just bougth a hangin weight, 516 lb sow.  200 bucks, 20 dollar kill, .60 cent proccessing, took ground, ribs, pork loin ,shouler roast, and rum roasts, gona smome my own hams, bacon, c bacon, and prok shoulder. cant wait!!  IT SMOMIN TIME!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

:happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
dat looks yummy reb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wowza: :wowza:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
as Reb would say, now that's a big pigger!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just bougth a hangin weight, 516 lb sow.  200 bucks, 20 dollar kill, .60 cent proccessing, took ground, ribs, pork loin ,shouler roast, and rum roasts, gona smome my own hams, bacon, c bacon, and prok shoulder. cant wait!!  IT SMOMIN TIME!!
hey twiddlee dee.....twidlee dumb.....................where else would they raise piggies????????????? :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :crazy: :thumbs: :pouty: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
hey twiddlee dee.....twidlee dumb.....................where else would they raise piggies????????????? :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :crazy: :thumbs: :pouty: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Uhh...a duck farm? No, wait....sheep farm? I GOT IT!! A PIGGERY!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/09/17, 01:38:56 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is one great deal Boar.  I think 240 lbers go for that much. You got some nice meat there.  I just talked to a guy that lets his get to about 400 so he gets such big pork chops...   

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
glenn, thers farm raised as is the farmer raises to sell, pluse he also has othe source of income lime cattle or small grains, hence the term farm raised.then theres large pig farms. that soley are in the biussines of raising swine. Ya cheese Head.
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn, thers farm raised as is the farmer raises to sell, pluse he also has othe source of income lime cattle or small grains, hence the term farm raised.then theres large pig farms. that soley are in the biussines of raising swine. Ya cheese Head.
well ya think these large pig farms raise them in there living room......ya dipstick!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ok then they plant swine embreos into smurfs, then the farmers run around trying to catch smurfs, the more smurfs a farmer catches the bigger the farm opperation.
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
awww yiur no fun.. :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a good deal Boar.  You will be smokin up a storm with all of that.  good luck.

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Always tastes better off the farm! I'm fortunate enough to have a family on my Wife's side who raise a few pigs on a hobby farm.  So I got a good line in on some quality pork!  Have fun with it, I'll be smoking hocks and possible bacon next week!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Farm raised piggers DO taste different...think there's some place that feeds piggers some kinda nut or mash that flavored the meat; my memory's foggy on that one... :scratch:

UPDATE!  Found it, a place in Iowa feeds piggers whiskey mash, says it gives the meat a "whiskey flavor". I dunno...buncha drunk piggers stumbling and hiccuping around...might be worse than Boar and his Fireball. :doah:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/10/17, 02:53:29 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Modern-day genetic science has met the high-demand for food and they've created pigs that grow fast and have no flavor. they're also pretty much fed one type of feed their entire life on mega farms. That's what you're getting in most big grocery stores. Nothing wrong with it, if you put a good rub and sauce on it like a lot of pork, it's amazing.

But if you can get your hands on some pigs from a small farm that are fed everything from feed to table scraps to free-range browse, then you get some good, flavorful meat! Some of the shoulder meat is so dark that it almost looks like beef.  Really yummy stuff.

Growing up, my friend lived on a farm and they raised some good tasting pigs and those things ate EVERYTHING. We used to catch carp out of the Minnesota river and throw them into the pig pen. All you saw were scales flying everywhere once they got into them. It was a pig feeding frenzy!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the same can said for good beef, raised on a family farm instead of a feed lot.....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yeah glennn what they said...
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We used to go shoot pigeons at friends farms.  If they landed in the hog yard the hogs went wild to eat those pigeons.  It took a few minutes till they knew one was injured and the race was on.  After that as soon as one dropped in the pen it got real noisy as the hogs got after them. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"