Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Wedge salad  (Read 3789 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Anyone besides me do wedges? (no, NOT wedgie, Glenn) Had one last nite. This is pretty much what I do...and I've always salted my mater's, then drained them in my mesh screen basket first... especially when chopped up for tacos and burro toes. :tongue:

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/06/wedge-salad-iceberg-blue-cheese-bacon-recipe.html

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nope!!!!!!! no wedgies for me!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But it's yer serving of daily veggies! Where else ya gonna get it?  :whistling:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
green beans?????
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
green beans?????
well that AND katchup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
"Beans, beans, the magical veggie...better put some more on that daily wedgie"... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Never heard of it, but I'll try it Reb.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee, here I thought I was probably slow to find out about this...I started doing it this Summer. Bet you'll like it, RH! Keep us informed...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heard of it when Hubert H was gov. of Minn.  the Waverly house I think served it that way and my folks went there and my Dad picks up the wedge, takes a bite, and says " never salad served like this before but we don't get out often"   that's all it took get the party going I guess...    never had it that way, maybe someday...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
heard of it when Hubert H was gov. of Minn.  the Waverly house I think served it that way and my folks went there and my Dad picks up the wedge, takes a bite, and says " never salad served like this before but we don't get out often"   that's all it took get the party going I guess...    never had it that way, maybe someday...

You got a head of lettuce the other day! Quarter it; drizzle some dressing and chopped mixed goodies on, and yer set!  :tongue:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
First time I had one was at a place called The Red Lantern (I think) in Park Rapids back in the mid to late 70's.  I was young, the restaurant was dark inside, and I remember this being one of my first fine dining experiences.  Still, I ordered a hamburger because I was a picky eater.

The dinner salads were simple wedge salads.  I thought it was fancy ('cause I never saw a salad like that before), but my dad though the cook was too lazy to chop up the lettuce.

I ordered oil and vinegar as my dressing.  I don't know who I was trying to impress, but my father wasn't, and he told me I was nuts.  He was correct - as always - and it was the worst restaurant salad I ever had.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

You got a head of lettuce the other day! Quarter it; drizzle some dressing and chopped mixed goodies on, and yer set!  :tongue:

that's too much salad!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pffftttt.............salad! :pouty: :pouty: where's da meat and taters and katchup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hubba: :hubba: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And exactly what would yer nutritionist say?  What food group are you referring to?  ;)  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the BEEF!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And exactly what would yer nutritionist say?  What food group are you referring to?  ;)  :rotflmao:
protien and vegtables. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

that's too much salad!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Buy a small head of lettuce, or cut it into 1/8's, ya wedge head!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm surprised I've hadn't heard about a wedge salad years ago.....but even better,  I HAVE enjoyed COBB SALADS for many years, been that long since I had one. I love 'em. Was a couple restaurants here in CAWchester that used to have 'em...

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/cobb-salad-11049
« Last Edit: October 10/10/17, 02:26:41 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
were you eating Cobb salads or Chef salads??????!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cobb, ya knob!!!  :doofus:   Go make yer wedgie!  :rotflmao: