Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: End of a generation  (Read 2403 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My dad had 11 brothers and sisters.  Yesterday, my last uncle on his side passed away.  There are no surviving aunts.  This makes me and my cousins (on my fathers side) the oldest generation....  Something to ponder.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear that.  I agree, it is something to ponder.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sorry to hear that too, on my Dad's side his sister is here and doing well, upper 80's too!!!   I'm the oldest cousin too....  Mom's side I'm 3 oldest.. not much left....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear that also! Unfortunately the day comes for most of us.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea that is something to ponder!!!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: i dont have a big family, my dad died as well as his sister, just 3 cousins there. moms side only one brother and 3 cousins there.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Sorry to hear that, Deadeye. I have no relatives anymore on my Dad's side anymore, and I never had kids...when I die, so does the family name. That's a sobering thought.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 my condolences, DE, my father is also a sibling of 11. 9 boys 2 girls,  the first one passex this summer. it dose make you thi k about it all. take care!! God Bless!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear DE.  It's a crazy world, all my cousins had girls on both sides!! Just my boy can keep it going, the right way!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup.....it is what it is DE....
I got 2 nephews on my dad's side ( I don't even know their names)
And my son (Jr) to keep the name going.... fortunately, my girls love to hunt and will probably keep the heritage going after I'm gone.

So, I can relate to what your feeling.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Sorry for your loose Deadeye.  My older brothers wife has stage 4 bone and breast cancer.  She is 50.  Kind of puts a different spin on life.  Makes me appreciate my wife a whole lot more. Life is short.  Live every day like its your last, because it might be.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  deadeye, my condolences also. I find spending a lot of time with the grandkids helps me out.
mm