Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hocks ROCK!  (Read 1200 times)

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Worked from home today to do a little side project! Needed to get these done as they've been in my freezer for a while and I will use at least some for deer camp cooking.  Wasn't sure what to expect but I think it's safe to say they turned out!  Not gonna lie, I'm just gonna eat at least one of these plain.  When I opened the smoker, the sugar in the brine combined with the drippings to form some "fat-cicles" hanging off the smoker racks  - it cooked and solidified as it dripped into a gooey, crispy goodness, so that was a treat when taking them off.  The German Gumbo and some Ham/Bean soup are in my future!

I used RH's method, if anyone's curious.  Thanks RH for granting us rank amateurs access to your amazing knowledge through your page!

Before and After smoking pics below!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Wow! Smoky bean soup is but a pot away!!!  :happy1: Was eyeballing the hocks in my freezer today, loosely planning "when"... :tongue:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks great TL!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Those look better than mine!!!  Funny that you posted this today because I was telling a buddy that I have to brine some hocks for German Gumbo which we have a craving for.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Aw, just smoke 'em up and make a big pot o' smoky bean soup instead, RH!!! :happy1: