Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: DNR Update  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
    DNR urges caution while burning fall yard debris!

:campfire:

:coffee: ...
Northwestern and central Minnesota have elevated fire danger due to sparse rain, high winds and lack of humidity. This means that open burning may be restricted in certain counties. The Department of Natural Resources urges Minnesotans to use caution while burning yard waste or leaf piles outdoors and to check the burning permit website for information.

:popcorn: ....
During fall, we know that residents and property owners will be taking care of leaf and brush piles, said Casey McCoy, DNR wildfire prevention supervisor. Piles can smolder undetected for several weeks under the right conditions. Windy, fall days can reignite these piles.

On average, Minnesota issues approximately 43,250 burn permits annually. When weather conditions warrant it, state fire team leaders may turn burning permits on or off. To determine whether burning is allowed, Minnesotans should regularly check their county burning restrictions. Residents may need to find alternatives to burning such as composting or hauling brush to a collection site or wait until it is safer to burn.

:tut: ...
If you do decide to burn yard waste or leaf piles, do so when there is less wind, said Linda Gormanson, burning permit coordinator. Instead of burning your yard waste and potentially causing a wildfire, compost or chip your yard waste or bring it to a collection site.

:reporter;Burning restrictions do not apply to campfires; they are still allowed. Clear an area around the campfire, watch it continuously and make sure it is out cold to the touch before leaving.

Fire danger can change quickly. Check the Minnesota Incident Command System site https://goo.gl/W686km for fire behavior conditions. For questions about burning restrictions, check the DNR page at mndnr.gov/burnrestrictions or call your local Forestry office. :police:
« Last Edit: October 10/21/17, 08:21:44 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Does that include my neighbors "debris"?  :evil:   :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/21/17, 08:38:44 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Does that include my neighbors "debris"?  :evil:   :rotflmao:

Don't get me started on da neighbors debris :angry2: I spent 2 hrs yesterday cutting down dead branches off his tree dat hangs over my shed. I had pros cut down a tree fur me last yr. At dat point I offered to pay dem to cut down some dead stuff on da neighbors tree dat kept fallin on my property. When I told da guy next door he said "dats ok me and da boy are goin ta do it. Well he never did crap! So there I was yesterday wit da chain saw doin his lazy :moon:  job.

They are nice young people but they just don't take care of da property :angry2:

I'm sure dat many udders have da same problem :pouty:
« Last Edit: October 10/21/17, 09:16:51 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like the boobs that lives next to me, Lee...nice enough young couple, but in the 6 years they've live there, done NOTHING. They just "hang out". Yard has weeds up to the deck. (3') yard had turned into a s**tpile. Barely mows, never has trimmed. Or weed sprayed. or trimmed trees that are hanging all over my property. Porch door hanging by one hinge. Porch screen punched out.  Deck rotted in middle and broke, He works MF, 9-5. She doesn't. Sits on her azz and eats chips, does "daycare" with 2 kids, and yet they whine about can't afford anything. They just sold their house, (yay!) moving back to Iowa, Said "Too many rues here". Told him if he didn't trim those trees, I was taking my chainsaw to 'em and dropping 'em on his friggin' house. He did a half ass job of it....and piled and left them in his backyard for new owners. Can you imagine?!  :doah:
« Last Edit: October 10/21/17, 10:28:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao:  I can see that really Torqueing you off Rebs....   :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao:  I can see that really Torqueing you off Rebs....   :rotflmao:

It's a PIGGERY!!!!!  :angry:     :rotflmao: