Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: A family in need.  (Read 33294 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
would like to, but Osakis is to far...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a problem! I think I'm going to see if my son can go.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
hey what ur number jeff
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
We received another check today guys.  It came from one of our members in Bismarck, ND.  Thanks again to our members for stepping up to the plate to make a better Christmas for this family.  You guys really should be proud of what's happening here.

Thanks again,  Jeff

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a head's up to all who sent checks-I will be cashing them on Thursday.  Because they're not from my bank, I'll probably have to deposit them to our checking and then take out the corresponding ammount.  If anyone has donations of merchandise or money for this worthy cause, please get them to me by Saturday of this week.  If you are located in the Twin Cities metro area, or along the I-35 corridor between Lakeville and Sandstone, I can make arrangements to pick up if you can't get these to me.  Contact me here ASAP.

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, better late than never guys.  Here's the list of stuff that I rec'd from Boar.

Greek Heroes coffee table book
16 pc. Micro Line Artist's Markers set
Styles & Techniques of Sketching album
75 pg. spiral binder of Premium drawing paper
The Secret Language of Birthdays coffee table book
4 spiral notebooks of premium drawing paper
36 pc. colored pencil set
My Wish interchangeable watch set
25 pc. oil pastels drawing set
Lansky knife sharpening set
Blaze Storm Air Soft gun (Boar really had a hard time letting this one go!)
30 pc. Artists Marker Set
2 Moultrie Game Cams.

This was a big heavy box and I'm sure it cost Boar quite a bit to ship this.  Special thanks to him for stepping up.

I would be remiss to not thank EVERYONE once again.  This is coming together nicely. I will be buying winter coats for the ladies, the holiday meal items, some kitchen utensils for Sam as she prepares to move out on her own, and possibly a few other items.  We will be delivering all this on this Sunday.  My wife wants to ride up with me, so it will be the two of us.  She doesn't really like me traveling by my self due to my heart condition. 

You guys reall did a great deed here.  Everyone should be very proud of what you accomplished here.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well, better late than never guys.  Here's the list of stuff that I rec'd from Boar.

2 Moultrie Game Cams.

This was a big heavy box and I'm sure it cost Boar quite a bit to ship this.  Special thanks to him for stepping up.

I would be remiss to not thank EVERYONE once again.  This is coming together nicely. I will be buying winter coats for the ladies, the holiday meal items, some kitchen utensils for Sam as she prepares to move out on her own, and possibly a few other items.  We will be delivering all this on this Sunday.  My wife wants to ride up with me, so it will be the two of us.  She doesn't really like me traveling by my self due to my heart condition. 

You guys reall did a great deed here.  Everyone should be very proud of what you accomplished here.

Thanks again,

Jeff
no book on decchipherin boaranze??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

2 Moultrie Game Cams.

Thanks again,

Jeff

no, you did kind sir!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

2 Moultrie Game Cams.

Thanks again,

Jeff
no book on decchipherin boaranze??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

No one would be able to read it, silly!!   :bonk: :rotflmao:

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman

2 Moultrie Game Cams.

Thanks again,

Jeff
Yeah, I'm workin' on that-I've  found out it's easier to understand Boaraneze after about a 6 pack of Grain Belt.

Offline Netzel126

• Minnow
Once again thank you to everyone. I have not told my kids at all. Ane they will be so,happy to see all these. I can for sure there smile will warm the apt up in the cold winter days. I cant express myself enough how happy and how grateful all you came togather to,help us out. It sure means the world to me.and I cant wait to shake everyone's hand someday.. Thank you again and again.

Thanks from shane

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That's what it's all about around here! That makes all of US happy!   :snow3:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Merry Christmas Shane!!
78.50"

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what it's all about around here! That makes all of US happy!   :snow3:
Rebel, you really hit the nail on the head.  This is what this group does!

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Another hour spent wrapping presents tonight.  I just might have to go get a bigger truck to haul all this loot, and there's more to come yet.

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Today's the last chance to contribute to this family's Christmas.  I will come to wherever you're at and pick up what you have to contribute to the effort.I work till 6 tonight so it would have to be this evening, and in the Twin Cities metro area.  Things we could still use:

Blue and white patterned dish set
Kitchen utensils
Small and medium casserole dishes with lids
Microwaveable containers with lids
Kitchen supplies-dish rags, dish towels, dish soap, (liquid and for a dish washer) garbage bags, napkins, paper towels, etc.

Any contributions would be greatly appreciated.

I could also pick this stuff up tomorrow anywhere along the I-35 corridor between Lakeville and Sandstone.  We will be delivering the goods tomorrow between 12:30 and 2:00.

Today is Shane's birthday.  I'm sure he'd appreciate hearing from you guys with a happy birthday wish.  He joined our forum here, so if you look back a bit in this thread, you'd find him to send a PM or just do it here too.

Thanks again for your generousity and concern for this family in their troubling times.

I will check this thread tonight after work and see if I have to run anywhere to pick anything up.

Best Regards,

Jeff

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
If anyone has stuff to contribute and are in the south metro, you can drop it off today at the Lakeville Wal-mart in the Vision Center before 5 p.m. if you would want to.  Our address there is 20710 Keokuk Ave. Lakeville, Mn.  55044.

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife and I are heading to Wal-Mart to buy the last stuff for Shane's family, and then are heading north to drop it off later this morning. Please keep Shane's family in your thoughts today and in the coming days.  I'll post a follow up later today when we get home. 

I hope everyone has a good day today.

Thanks again for all you've done.

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
We just got back from Sandstone.  Dropped off all the gifts with Shane and met his boy Wyatt.  Reall a nice kid.  You guys all deserve a pat on the back for coming through for this family.  I can't possibly thank you all enough for your contributions. 

As the old saying goes, it's the reason for the season.

Thanks again guys.  You made this work.

Most Sincerely,

Jeff

Offline Netzel126

• Minnow
I would like to give a big THANK YOU TO EVERYONE.. Sure making it a good xmas for my family. And that means so much. And its still hard to,belive that,there was so many of you that came to help, i hope everyone knows how much this means to,us.

Merry Christmas to you all and a happy new year.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Merry Christmas shane!! Good luck! its what us redneck Americans do best. Take care of our own!!
78.50"

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Dilly dilly!

Offline Netzel126

• Minnow
I wanted to touch base with you all. And wish you all a happy new year. And wanted to say a big thank you.my kids really liked all the,stuff. And it means so much to,us that everyone came together and made my kids happy on Xmas.and its glad to see them,smile. These holdidays are still tuff for us. With losing and are son and my brother that I,was close to.and to,see my kids smile when they opened all of the gifts made a sad time into a happy and joy time. Thank,YOU all.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm just glad I could help and I'm real glad you all had a great Christmas!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
amerry Christmas shane, glad we made a difference!!
78.50"

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Hang in there Shane.  We're gonna get together and so some stuff for sure.  I'd be honored to drag the boat up your way and do some fishing, and if you want to get some hunting in next fall, that's gonna happen too buddy.  Best wishes and keep in touch or I'm gonna kick your butt!

Best Regards,

Jeff