Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Partial Win....  (Read 2220 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Since I work at a processing facility (on my vacation) I decided to save some back fat off of some of the deer to make some suet. It was a partial win....I rendered the fat down, and poured it over bird seed and a cup cake mold......let me tell you....YOU NEED A MOLD! (it's a learning curve in progress)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Poured over seed in trays...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting, heard of people doing it with beef fat, this is new....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Wild suet nuggets! Del would like 3 or 4 I bet.....

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Ya Mikey....but what a racket!...They sell molds on Amazon for $20 for 2.....And you can buy suet cakes (on sale) for $5-$7 on a pack of 8....WHERE IS THE SAVINGS?  :angry2:

Here, I'm try'in to save something from going to a land fill.....and find this crap out.....guess I'll go back to running a web site....  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Old cupcakes tins......and sell them as "All natural wild suet cakes!"   :azn:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya Mikey....but what a racket!...They sell molds on Amazon for $20 for 2.....And you can buy suet cakes (on sale) for $5-$7 on a pack of 8....WHERE IS THE SAVINGS?  :angry2:

Here, I'm try'in to save something from going to a land fill.....and find this crap out.....guess I'll go back to running a web site....  :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Great work on that HD.  Never thought of doing that.  When I do get a deer I just get as much deer fat off the deer I can and ball it up best I can and put it through a netter.  good luck.