Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ice Report Lake Osakis  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a drive around Lake Osakis earlier. It appears the cold and calm winds we had last night made a lot of ice. From what I could tell it appeared the lake was locked up except there was a small open area in Manthey's Bay that had a couple trumpeter swans swimming around and another small area in front of Holiday Resort that had some ducks swimming around. The rest was all ice, thin ice. Don't know if it will hold up over the next 5 days. High of 38 tomorrow, 46 and showers on Friday with high winds, 36 Saturday, 44 Sunday and 44 Monday. The lows over night aren't going to dip very low. If it was a few inches thick I wouldn't be to concerned, but as thin as it is, could be bad.

• Master Outdoorsman
Latest ice observation from this morning. This is for the north end of the lake only. Didn't get south of Moon Bar so don't know what it looks like south of there. There is a stretch of open water out near the middle west of Battle Point that is a couple hundred yards long. The area from the north side of Coonhoven Bay over to Coon Point and east to about Lindberg Point is all open water. The 145th access to Manthey's Bay was open yesterday for about five feet out from shore but had a thin crust of ice this morning but I don't think it will last the day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Surprised actually you seen ice.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
even the little lake has an opening........
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally got some time to get out this afternoon. Fished the Schultz’s Bay area out to about half way to Battle Point. Had six inches everywhere I went. Stayed away from any of the areas that were recent lock ups. But don’t take my word for it. If you go out any place, check for yourself as you go. Saw a couple spear houses out, a couple other portables, and one atv.