Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Warning from Roger's  (Read 6017 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Posted Nov. 24th from Roger's on Red

This spot that is marked with a skull & crossbones on our map is 200 yards from Morts road to the East and a half mile from Rogers road to the West. We have been called to assist in several rescues the last few days from this lake like crack and this area needs to be avoided by everyone!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
mikey's post in th deer river talmoon thread got me to thinkin about this one. its posted all over the place but they are looking for a young gal and young man on URL. They stay and rogers in one of there sleeprs no less.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking this is the one.   forgot HD posted that...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yeh its sad. 2 yung adults missing, they found their wheelr at the bottom of the lake, heard also that their boots were found on the edge of the ice, which dont make sence, some feel the might have goten out, hyposthermai dont make ya thi k straigjt. i think to inform people that wher they went in. sad sad sad. thay have divers is the lake
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe they felt their boots were weighing themselves down as they attempted to crawl onto the top of the ice.

They might have tossed them up thinking they would still need them to walk across the ice if they got out of the water.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I concur LPS!! :doah: I don't know about you guys but until there's a good 12-16 inches of ice on them big lakes I ain't going on them. The way that ice shifts and does weird things my butts sticking to small lakes!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i heard they fou d the bodies. prayers to the famies.
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
That's terrible.... 😩

Prayers to the family!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup prayers all the way around for those folks............

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
its sad that 2 leoe are dead. whats even more sad as this will continue, ive been ice fishing for 40 years,  you use to hear an occasional carbon monoxide death ffom time to time, but now it seems thers a new generatio n of ice fisherpeople that that think ice fishimg is 1 big party, one big drunk fest,  no education, no experienc no respect for th ice, just buy the bigest ice house, wheelers, and get on the ice and party with freinds and gatherings. im not tryi g to be calus here, but they left the bar to go to their sleeper shack, diorentated, lost, drunk, and no idea on wher their going, sploosh. this will continue to happen and for what fish? the party? cause so and so was on last weekend and reported 6 inches and fishing was awsome, social media frenzie!!! 6 here, 4 ther, 1 over ther, sploosh. what hapen????  sad to see what happening.
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you actually know that they were at a bar and were drunk when this happened Boar?  We have all done lots of partying on the ice and just got lucky.  Too bad they weren't as lucky as we were all of the times we made bad decisions and got lucky.   

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yes the replrt was last seen at rogers bar. again im not tryig to calus and point to reasons why, but i have seen crap on ice the last 40 years and have done some of it myself. but it is a different worldd today. ive been woken up at 3 in the morning by burm jumpers that are doi g nuthing but drunk dukes of hazzards crap, find out the next morn they hit 3 houses, my cusin has ben in fitghts wher guns have been drawn, just because they were asked to slow down on the ice road, ive seen, half naked people walking to know wher. and on and on. im nkt blamein anyone or anything just showing the fact that its a different generation of icepeople that are partyi g lime rocks stars and got no clue on the dangers of of ice fishing
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes I do agree that us outdoorsmen started buying nicer stuff as we got older and could afford it when it became available.  There are also those who know very little about the outdoors buy could afford the nice stuff and don't know how to use it correctly. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Know what makes me sick? People that can afford to toss money away on good equipment, and then do stupid drunken shi* like this...ruining the shaft and gears. Makes me wanna beat the livin' piss outta them... training-087

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-calls-warren-pocahontas-event-honoring-native-americans-n824266
« Last Edit: November 11/27/17, 08:08:35 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya know what fellas I don't wanna be a dick here but right now I don't think it's a good time to critek what may or may not have happened or occurred.  Let's at least let them rest in peace!

Just my 2 cents.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya know what fellas I don't wanna be a dick here but right now I don't think it's a good time to critek what may or may not have happened or occurred.  Let's at least let them rest in peace!

Just my 2 cents.

I totally agree with that. Conjecture never helps anyway. What happened is a terrible thing, and guessing how or why never does any good or solves anything. I hate it when the news does that.

But spinning on an auger is still a dickhead thing to do.....  :angry:.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I agree, but my point is that whats really sad here is not just them dieing but the fact that we are gonna see more and more of this. I said I was wasnt pointing or blaming anyone or any thing. My heart gose out the those devistaed by this tragedy. but truth is its becoming more and more frequent, and why??? cause of the sad factors I listed.
« Last Edit: November 11/27/17, 08:28:37 PM by Boar »
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good points Boar....

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone who doubts Boar's post should read kelly-p's post over on FM. It's in the "anyone on Red or near Red" thread. He has been on the lake his entire life & says this season is the worst he's ever seen. There has already been 11 wheelers and / or sleds pulled out of the lake & that is only the ones he knows of. There's probably more as he hasn't been on the lake or even down to the shore, yet this season. His family ran the WMS & has been on the lake since at least the 50's, probably longer.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon