Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Tresspassers on Camera  (Read 4669 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Today I pulled the SD card from a camera.  This camera is on our property at the beginning a big field.  Way too much traffic there.  :tut:

Tuesday evening during the season.  Hunter leaving our property

Wednesday noon. Hunter entering our property

Last Sunday of season.  Pickup going onto our property

Yesterday afternoon.  Another pickup going on to our property
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just wrong....    get themmmm...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Is there a sign at that driveway?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The local hunting spot....

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This is not a driveway. It is about a mile from the nearest road and yes, they drove passed a sign.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Low hanging camouflaged log chain between two concrete posts. *FWANG*CRUNCH*  :evil:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Word's out, the land owners don't live nearby so there's little danger of being caught, especially that far off the beaten path. :bs: Know the local CO?
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Gonna have to get sneaky... figure out a way to angle the camera to get license plate numbers....then send them to the sheriff department as long as that "drive" is clearly posted with a "signed" sign (some of the new trail 📷, send pictures directly to your phone). You can call the cops before they even leave the property.... Put another sign down the drive.... saying "you are being recorded"
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Then they'll shoot the sign.... :doah:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Looks like a gate will be needed on that end of the property as well.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'd make a sign. It read WHAT PART OF NO TRESPASSING DONT YOU UNDERSTAND!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd make a sign. It read WHAT PART OF NO TRESPASSING DONT YOU UNDERSTAND!!

And THIS would happen:  :fudd:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/26/17, 12:21:41 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This issue "trespassing/Poaching" is without a doubt the most negative part of owning land.  It's a little too expensive to put out cameras that send pictures when taken.  Camera cost as well as air/data time.  This is a field access road far off a dirt road.  Yes, there is a Private Property sign 10 feet from the farm trail that they walk/drive in on so there is no "I didn't see it" excuse.  I hate to do it but you are right, a gate here may be required. Of course, they can then just pull it down.  These are not people just driving by and deciding to go hunt there, these people know it's private land and I am sure also know who owns it.  Muzzle loader season is always the worst. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Why's muzzle loader the worst?

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
During the rifle season most people have their placed they go to hunt and realize that most private land will probably have landowners hunting it.  For some reason, muzzle loader hunters (of course not all of them) seem to think that the rifle hunters probably got their deer and won't be out hunting with a muzzle loader.  I guess they feel it's jus not a big deal.  Case in point, I didn't mention it but yesterday I went just to walk around.  I saw a group of orange across a field.  They were on our property.  I watched as they made a deer drive starting on our land and pushing towards what I assume was theirs.  I will explain why I "assume".  I crossed the field after they started the drive and stood in the access road until they came out on another field about 150 yards away.  I was a bit surprised to count between 10 and 12 hunters.  I was on the trail where one of the standers had to come out.  I ask him who was hunting and he through out a number of names only one of which I recognized.  The others waved for the guy I was talking to indicating they were starting another drive so he left.  I believe that if I didn't interrupt their morning, they planned to drive some of my property as well.  It doesn't take a dozen people to drive their 35 acres of woods.   :angry2:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, that totally sucks big time.  :angry2:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would definitely call the Sheriff and the local CO.  That is their job and they may enjoy doing this.  The license number would be nice to have too.  And a gate is a must.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes the law needs being informed I think too.  set trail cams up so as to to get pic's of faces maybe too, beside licence plates...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
During the rifle season most people have their placed they go to hunt and realize that most private land will probably have landowners hunting it.  For some reason, muzzle loader hunters (of course not all of them) seem to think that the rifle hunters probably got their deer and won't be out hunting with a muzzle loader.  I guess they feel it's jus not a big deal.  Case in point, I didn't mention it but yesterday I went just to walk around.  I saw a group of orange across a field.  They were on our property.  I watched as they made a deer drive starting on our land and pushing towards what I assume was theirs.  I will explain why I "assume".  I crossed the field after they started the drive and stood in the access road until they came out on another field about 150 yards away.  I was a bit surprised to count between 10 and 12 hunters.  I was on the trail where one of the standers had to come out.  I ask him who was hunting and he through out a number of names only one of which I recognized.  The others waved for the guy I was talking to indicating they were starting another drive so he left.  I believe that if I didn't interrupt their morning, they planned to drive some of my property as well.  It doesn't take a dozen people to drive their 35 acres of woods.   :angry2:
  stand your ground deadeye,  I think you should have told tgat guy you are all trespassing, and the warden will be coming soon. They will never stop until someone above a land owner  (which is sad) is called in to slap some fingers. So people still do drives during muzzy season?

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Deadeye you just have to prosecute one....being a hardass news spreads like wildfire...

But I bought a new moultrie game cam this fall from Reed's as well as the modem ( more expensive)  the cost is 10$ a month and I get the pic on my phone within 2 min..750 pics/month,,,. Verizon cellular.  Well worth it!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Look into the "covert trail cam"n compatitive with most major cells,both verizon and at&t has the best reception off the beaten path,real time pics and affordable.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i used that system this past bear season, they still have bugs to work out, but it dose work and is cool as hell
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Could be the one I bought,no bugs and a step up from the basic one,my is called the
"black op" trail cam.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking if you show the Sheriff or CO these pics they are going to know who these people are or they will find out.  Those Wardens in Maine would find them in a day or two.    :sleazy: