Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Muzzy Season?  (Read 10941 times)

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My visitors this morning.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
sweet..............those things can be a hoot to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
For those of you who are out for the last weekend of muzzy season, be safe and shoot straight!

Sunrise over the swamp....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
excellent picture!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My big buddy heater was rolling blue flames out the top of the low side pad today. The high side worked good. I brought it in to check it over and ended up blowing a fist full of mouse nest out of it. this was done in just the past 2 days. If you leave your heaters in the stand all season you may want to check them out before going ice fishing.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I had Jr's portable buddy this morning....and it never burned right.... gave me a headache, so I shut it off.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I had Jr's portable buddy this morning....and it never burned right.... gave me a headache, so I shut it off.

Try blowing the whole housing out with an air compressor. Also blow off the ceramic grids. They need lots of air at the combustion chamber to work right.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Thanks Ray, I'll try that. Funny thing, if you tilted the heater one way or another, it would burn fine for a little while.  :scratch:

Gail force winds here today... I don't think the deer will move when it's howling like this.