Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: My wife thinks...  (Read 2017 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I have issues. She thinks I have a fetish with knives, but you guys can see I really don't  :happy1: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/30/17, 08:06:11 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
could have more but now have thinned a few out...   just like guns!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Naa, can always use a few more!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice collection there Glenn57
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nah. That's like saying something is to much fun.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Nice collection there Glenn57
thanks deadeye!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Boy, do I have a deal for you....read yer E-mail......

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
I've got a few knives, but only a couple decent ones.  To me, knives are a tool, and I use them as such, so my stuff shows the wear of useage.  I don't have any of those purty ones in a display case.   One of my favorite knives is one that was made out of a piece of tool steel that came out of one of the steel mills that used to be in Youngstown, Ohio.  Hand ground, with crude home made wood handles, it reminds of a better time for the Steel Valley.  During WWII, Youngstown was one of the biggest steel producing cities in the world.  Mom was part of the Rosie the Riveter gang-she made tank treads, of course in one of the mills.

I have my dad's Buck 110 Folding Hunter.  The steel's so hard in that knife, it's tough for me to sharpen.  That old knife has probably gutted a bus load of deer over the years.  A couple well worn old fillet knives, and of course a Leatherman multi tool that never leaves my side round out my arsenal of every day "users."

I also have the knife my dad Marched across Europe with under General Patton.  It's a 1918 Trench Knife.  A really nasty looking hand to hand combat implement.  Brass knuckles, and a nasty little thing on the end to bean somebody on the head with as a last resort.  This knife was made for no other reason than to kill Germans, and in Dad's hands, it did on one occasion when the lines collapsed at Kasserine Pass, and the combat became upclose and personal.  The blade still has blood stains on it.   Dad was an excellent shot, and could take care of himself pretty good with his hands too.  I'd have not wanted to encounter him in a battlefield somewhere. That one stays next to my bed, should I ever need it, and to remind me of my father.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Cool story, gopher.  It's nice to have a story behind some of the old things we have. Yours is exceptional.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I have some knives (and guns) from my father but nothing like that.   He had some stuff from ww2, but we played with it until it was beat up and it went in the trash at some point, except for a couple of shirts.   Helmet liner, canteen, pistol belt, etc.   

I have his model 12 that shot a lot of ducks though.  Too bad I could never hit anything with a shotgun...