Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Coon or Linwood or is it Linstrom?  (Read 3776 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   These lakes are now basically in my neighborhood.  If you had a free day to go ice fishing which would you pick?
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I used to early ice in the narrows on coon for pike...for that matter, ice out for crappie was great too...  :happy1:

Fished Lindstrom for big gills too...... (During the summer though) hard choice...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
little hidden lake that is between martin and linwood check that one out. Island lake but could be wrong on name.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
yep we also use to fish the coon lake narrows for pike. many moons ago mid 80s. never did catch a nice one there. Caught some decent crappies on linwood. island lake was the one I spent the most time on. Mostly summer but ice fished a couple times. We use to have a old wooden boat stashed there and would troll it all day . My good friend Bob proposed to his wife out there I have a lot of great memories fishing that lake.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   That's all good news guys.  I moved from a townhouse to an older home in East Bethel.  So many things here were broken, almost broken, or about to break that I have not fished in two summers and last winter.  With a little luck I may get on the ice this winter.  I miss fishing so much but do not regret the move at all. 

« Last Edit: December 12/12/17, 07:01:54 PM by HD »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
   That's all good news guys.  I moved from a townhouse to an older home in East Bethel.  So many things here were broken, almost broken, or about to break that I have not fished in two summers and last winter.  With a little luck I may get on the ice this winter.  I miss fishing so much but do not regret the move at all.

Scotty....you need to get out fish'in...let me know.....or, if you need help fixing whatever....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  I appreciate that HD.  The lack of daylight right now is my biggest foe.  I normally would take 10 days in Feb. and run down to Fla. and do some fishing and get my batteries recharged.  This year if I even take a week off I will be running a chain saw from sunup to sundown the entire time.  If the band ever gets together for a local weekend day fishing with a Fawkinnae kick-ass grill and a little notice I am in.  Right now I don't even know where my ice rods are. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  I appreciate that HD.  The lack of daylight right now is my biggest foe.  I normally would take 10 days in Feb. and run down to Fla. and do some fishing and get my batteries recharged.  This year if I even take a week off I will be running a chain saw from sunup to sundown the entire time.  If the band ever gets together for a local weekend day fishing with a Fawkinnae kick-ass grill and a little notice I am in.  Right now I don't even know where my ice rods are.
like you'd catch anything anyway.  :rotflmao: hey DDS welcome back!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey DDS! 
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Didn't see this post.
Yeah, fished coon channel early for pike, pretty nice crappie lake ....
Linwood is a pretty good all around lake ice fishing wise, watch the iffy ice opposite landing towards the creek inlet/outlet. Speak from experience on that one!  Good spot off landing near island/point?
Usually a city of houses there.... Some cool lakes in the area...

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
Coon was fun for looks back when the kids were small we would spend many days out there. For a while I think the state record for crappie was from coon
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"